Lounge

Talk about almost anything that's on your mind here. Sports, News, Music, Movies, Gaming, Computers, etc.

Rules:

Please keep your discussions civil.

NOTE: Topics covering sensitive issues such as race, religion, or politics have no place here and will be locked by moderators at their discretion. Please refer to the posted Terms of Service for more information.

9992 topics in this forum

• 1 reply
    • 3 replies
  1. Windows theme

• 1 reply
    • 10 replies
  2. Stealth

• 2 replies
    • 5 replies
  3. Top 5 Films of '05

• 4 replies
  4. Worst movie of 2005 1 2

• 38 replies
    • 2.2k views
  5. BeWitched

• 1 reply
  6. Serenity

• 15 replies
    • 11 replies
  7. KISS-Rock the Nation

• 1 reply
  8. Apollo 13 IMAX version

• 1 reply
    • 6 replies
  9. Miles Davis Kind of Blue

• 7 replies
    • 9 replies
  10. Testing...

• 1 reply
    • 0 replies
  11. the Island

• 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 5 replies
  12. Glory

• 6 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 5 replies
  13. Birthday Girl

• 1 reply
  • Recent Posts

• Two excellent solo performances with Hour of Power choir   Maynard      
    • Recent gem by Gaither Vocal Band   Maynard    
    • Not mine, no affiliation, no interest....   https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3576880255894633/   For posterity...    
    • Hi all, ended up selling them in less than 24 hours to someone for $3250 though I had several other buyers interested in coming by for $3500. Thanks for all the input!
    • Lagging --   One method to use is with a distribution panel and impedance matching volume controls.  I used this in a previous house, two speakers at the patio and two in the kitchen ceiling. Used a Dayton class D amp.   Had a 4 post speaker wall panel that had multiple outputs on the rear. Run speaker connections to the volume control (one for each set of speakers) and then on to the speakers.  Set the number of speakers/load at the volume control.  Powered all four with a Dayton class D amp.   Am doing the same at the house we just moved to.  Using a monoprice 8 pair distribution panel.  Feed that with a Aiyima A7 amp.   From the left -  distribution panel - Aiyima - amp power - DAC - not seen raspberry Pi   Only the porch speakers wired currently, the kitchen is being renovated starting in a few week so hope to have the ceiling speakers install in the next couple of months.  The raspberry runs a spotify connect client (raspotify) so I can run things from my phone (via the LAN) or use RDP to use VLAN to play ripped tunes from the connected USB SSD
    • Dear all,   I am a happy owner of a pair of RF-52 to listen music. No TV set at home only music!   These are my first real speakers. I had the chance to receive a turntable as a gift from my family. I added the Klipsch after several advices read on the internet.    Today I am looking for the best amp association (quality/price ratio. I cannot go for a MacIntosh at 9k$)    The room is 40m2 ~ 430square ft. Walls and roof : plasterboard  Floor: tiles  A lot of furnitures : sofas, guitars, some portraits on the wall and hundreds of books.    Music : jazz / piano (Gogo Pinguin, Gauthier Toux, Hiromi…) and some metal prog with complex recordings (Dream Theater, Tool…).   Which amp would you consider ?  Here are some ideas but I am really open to new stuff:   - Nad C389 (1300€ a bit pricey) - Roksan K2 used or k3 (too expensive for me). - Rega Brio : affordable amp but no possibility to listen to my Deezer HD music. - Cambridge CXA81 : 1000€ or 1300€ for the Mk II version. Quite pricey as well. - Advance Paris X-i75 : affordable and looks well equipped for 700€ - NuPrime IDA8: looks good too!   Many thanis in advance.    Best regards    Benoit 
    • I picked up a pair of well-worn Klipsch KG^2 bookshelf speakers for my office Waxed the walnut veneer with some Briwax and got the cabinets looking great again Ordered titanium tweeters from Crites speakers Now I need three capacitors for the crossover network: 4 uF 8 uF 24 uF I can solder but I know nothing about different types of capacitors and the relative cost-to-value What is a good value option for these speakers?
    • I have trouble listening to Tom Waits, but when others do his songs, they can be magical.   Rachael Price - I'm gonna take it with me.    
    • Word to the wise....don't wait 20 or 30 years like I did to do room treatments. It turned out to be one of the greatest improvements I ever made/did. I mean after all you have the best speakers..don't stop there. I f you have been talking with @mikebse2a3 by PM, I'm pretty confident he is giving the same advice..and more