Amy Unger: Nine years on the forum!

Daddy Dee

Congrats Amy!

You've made nine complete trips around the sun on Klipsch Forum.

-----------------------

If you notice Amy's avatar, you'll see that she joined the forum on July 30, 2000.

She was just a lass having joined Team Klipsch on July 24, 2000, her actual hire date.

In my observation Amy has done a genuinely fine job in leadership on the forum.

Some years ago when Amy was sentenced, to, err, assigned the full responsibility as Forum Admin, it was perhaps the most challenging season for the forum. I mean, she still had a plate full of other responsibilities to accomplish as well.

In my own take on the forum, before Amy took over the chief admin responsibilties, I had observed something that was a loss of civility on the forum. Seeing diminished hospitality and increasing numbers of flames (people being poor guests here, IMO) was a real downer to me. I thought, and still think, the Klispch forum is the only genuine community I'd found on the internet. In fact, I've met some of the best people I know on this forum. It might even go without saying of my gratitude for all I've learned about audio and music on the forum, which has been certainly more than I've been able to offer. The collecive knowledge base on his forum is truly impressive and the number of folks who are gracious in their explanations and tutoring the ignorant, like myself, is quite rare. I think there is something of the character and spirit of Mr. Paul that is embodied in this place and it is a real gift.

All that is to say that after Amy came on board with his responsibility, the quality of life on the forum has improved and more more than recovered. My life experience and observed dynamics in other places would have caused me to be pessimistic about the actual probability of recovering such a widely diverse forum atmosphere. In human nature, sad to say, good results are often the real long shot.

Amy's leadership is demonstrated in the history of good results here in the ambience of the community.

Beyond that, seeing the forum quality strengthened by adding features like the blogs, add excellent food for thought, a glimpse into Klipsch, interesting tech material and just outright enterainment on a daily basis.

I couldn't begin to count the number of times I've seen Amy pick up on posts and respond to a Klipsch customers' issues such that whatever was amiss could be resolved to the customers' satisfaction. . These were things, IMO, that would have just fallen through the cracks of another audio company's customer service, as is bound to happen despite the best efforts of CS. Amy has made alot of good catches here for Klipsch. No telling what that is worth to Klipsch.

-----------------------

Kudos Amy! It's fun to hang around here You are a bright light in Indy and have earned a world of good will for Klipsch!

I think she should be honored to have known (put up with?) all of us for so long. Perhaps as a token of her appreciation, she'll knit all of us a pair of socks or something?

[:D]

and there is no hammer, like a hammer when dropped by Amy!!

[Y]

I've always thought that having a female umpire, er moderator, was a good idea. Amy is not only friendly but gently corrects our conversations when we get off course. With the number of posts and amount of time I've spent on The Forum I've gotten off course plenty of times.

Amy has moderated a quickly growing Forum, kept it organized andinteresting, taken our comments and suggestions to the webmaster numerous times, generally been our confidant and champion.

Thanks for putting up with me [{] Amy! [}]

Michael

Gotta agree with Daddy Dee and everyone else.

Amy, you've made and keep this a great friendly place to hang out and learn about all things audio and even life. I too have met some very wonderful people here I'd not have met otherwise.

Great job and keep it up!

I can't say anything that has not already been said, but thanks Amy for the service you provide through your employment at Klipsch. It IS nice to have a forum admin to oversee things on here and keep everyone in-line. Other forums get over run with "special" people and I find it ruins the experience. But I only know of what a good experience is from being part of THIS forum.

Way to go Amy, keep it up, and don't listen to Coytee, he's just wantin a pair of socks knitted with ear lobes on them.

• Moderators

Aw, shucks, thanks Dee and everyone! Hard to believe I've been on this forum for 1/4th of my life. [:)]

I couldn't have made this place what it is without help from all of you. You're what makes us tick!

Here's to 9 more [D]

• Moderators

Wow! I just noticed I signed up the week before you did. Like your photo but it should say "hotter" instead of better. Better is a given. :-)

I think your right especially that picture of Amy standing in front of that Khorn in a bikini, thats a great pic ! [:P]

I don't know how I missed this thread, Amy this place would not be the same without you it would probably be shut down by now ! I think it is not said very often but everyone here appreciates what you do, you have heard it said many times how this forum is much better than any of the others, your a big reason for that. Thanks