Important message about one of our own

Amy

I will pray for you Dean, but don't deny the body's incredible ability to heal and change. Let me know if there's anything that I can do, don't take that as pity, I'm talking about building you a set of cabinets for a project or ordering some crossovers or anything else that will provide a mental break from the treatments as I know after watching others go through it, that can be a tough thing to get away from. Love, Laugh and Live[:D]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

: reads thread - drops donut in coffee :

Count me in as one who didn't know. I haven't seen Dean in a number of years, but I do "see" a bit of him every day - standing behind that beeeeuuuutiful pair of walnut Cornwalls, which have permanent residence as the two main channels of my HT. I NEVER forget how I got here/where I come from, and Dean will forever have my gratitude for what he has done for us here.

I do know this: Dean has the "upper hand" here because he is of strong will. If anyone can beat this - he can.

And know this, Dean - that our prayers, love and support are with you and your family.

I paid a short visit to Kettering Ohio last week. Dean and I had been chatting via phone the past couple of weeks and it's an easy drive (why is it when a friend is sick we don't know what to say so we say nothing?). The first call I'd made to him in a while we laughed until we cried. I've offered to loan him the great pink pillow of healing (yes it's mine, want to make something of it LOL). Seems one of the kiddos had done some speaker blowing up so took him a replacement stereo for his basement refuge where the workbench is located. I understand he's got the HK receiver working marvelously so he still knows which end of the soldering iron to hold. Gotta report he's in great hands and spirits, but you've got to expect that from someone with such a wry sense of humor as Dean. We (and the Littles ) aren't done with you by a long shot, you've got a lot to teach us, not just about crossovers, but about living through some of life's monumental challenges. We'll all probably face something similar one day and you're facing this in exactly the way I'd want to. God love ya buddy! Michael

I NEVER forget how I got here/where I come from, and Dean will forever have my gratitude for what he has done for us here.

Very true that Dean has done a lot for the forum with his many contributions.

Many times physically meeting a person means nothing in and of itself; and as this forum demonstrates daily, without physically meeting, our common love of Klipsch and music tends to create a certain type of kinship here on the forum and that kinship becomes a special link between most all that have read and/or posted to a thread.

When a forum member (new or old) reminisces by seeing a name of another forum member in an interesting thread, especially if that person has also contributed in that same thread, it often awakens an everlasting unconscious camaraderie.

DeanG, I’m sure your willingness to interact and share knowledge through the years has created an unconscious camaraderie that will live on for generations. I know I’ve benefited greatly from reading many of your posts over the years.

We will include you in our prayers in that you find the strength you need to work through this.

I paid a short visit to Kettering Ohio last week. Dean and I had been chatting via phone the past couple of weeks and it's an easy drive (why is it when a friend is sick we don't know what to say so we say nothing?). The first call I'd made to him in a while we laughed until we cried. I've offered to loan him the great pink pillow of healing (yes it's mine, want to make something of it LOL). Seems one of the kiddos had done some speaker blowing up so took him a replacement stereo for his basement refuge where the workbench is located. I understand he's got the HK receiver working marvelously so he still knows which end of the soldering iron to hold. Gotta report he's in great hands and spirits, but you've got to expect that from someone with such a wry sense of humor as Dean. We (and the Littles ) aren't done with you by a long shot, you've got a lot to teach us, not just about crossovers, but about living through some of life's monumental challenges. We'll all probably face something similar one day and you're facing this in exactly the way I'd want to. God love ya buddy! Michael

Have not been fortunate to meet DeanG, but like others who have read his knowledge here on the forum, I appreciate and get a sense of the man.

Peace be upon DeanG

I am another in the list of those who do not know Dean personally, but and very fortunate to have a relationship with our Savior and He is mighty to save. Dean it sounds like you have peace in your heart and that can only come from Him. Godbless you and yours, continued prayers brother.

Amazing this community which is a part of the extenced family. All the good will and love here, a brotherhood of man. In January I passed out on a transit train in town. I can say with all certainty that I was leaving the building till voices dragged me back much to my dismay asking if I was ok. I guess it was not my time but I wanted to go more than anything. It was the most wonderful experience I have ever had. I am not in any way in fear of going home. That said I want to stay to see my grand kids when they are born. This is good but when the time comes I will be more than ready to go. In the mean time I have so much to live for. Dean do what you have to do and be good with that, does it get any better than that?

I go for an MRI on Monday to look at a growth I have in my head that they found when I had my heart attack in December. I actually forgot about it till I got a reminder call about the test the other day. What is is. I am not going to wory about things that God has already worked out. I am busy working on my next set of speakers. Say have you ever done a crossover for a Peavey SP1 horn? Let me know but get well first. Will see you some time buddy hang tough.Very best regards Moray James.

• Moderators

I am not going to wory about things that God has already worked out.

Exactly how I feel, there is a plan and a reason for everything, I compleatly believe this even not being the most religious person around.

Good luck Moray.

Thinking about you every day Dean. [{]