A brief goodbye for a bit...

ace168516

I'll be out of the loop for awhile here...I fractured my shoulder and upper arm in 3 places on Sunday. I know it is not the worst thing ever on the forum...even currenty considering what others much more well respected forum members are going through. Thoughts and prayers would be welcomed though, as I work outside, and if I can not climb a utility pole, my income is pretty much gone. My orthopedic surgeon said a 50/50 chance of it healing properly on its own if not, I will not be able to use my left arm again. I chose the surgical "6 million dollar man" treatment, which will hurt more, be out of work for longer, but they gave me better odds of returning to work. Keep on rocking, and if you see persian nutwood or meatloaf cornwalls for sale not on here, my wife is always looking for an excuse to get rid of them...call me haha.

ACE

My orthopedic surgeon said a 50/50 chance of it healing properly on its own if not, I will not be able to use my left arm again.

Praise God...It could have been your ears! [:D]

Your presence here means you are a special person amongst special persons. For you I pray:

ALMIGHTY God our heavenly Father, we beseech thee graciously to comfort thy servant Ace in his suffering, and to bless the means made use of for his cure. Fill his heart with confidence, that though he be sometime afraid, he yet may put his trust in thee; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

We'll be expecting reports as soon as you are able. We care, you know. This "virtual" thing is way over rated. It's for real.

Dave

I want to see pictures of "meatloaf" Cornwalls. You can do that with your right hand... Right???

OK... Just kidding you. Take care, take your doctor's advice and most importantly take your time. Shoulder injuries quite often take a long time to fully recover from. Yea... Ask me how I know that.

You're in my thoughts Ace. I know first hand what you're dealing with.

Your presence here means you are a special person amongst special persons. For you I pray:

ALMIGHTY God our heavenly Father, we beseech thee graciously to comfort thy servant Ace in his suffering, and to bless the means made use of for his cure. Fill his heart with confidence, that though he be sometime afraid, he yet may put his trust in thee; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

We'll be expecting reports as soon as you are able. We care, you know. This "virtual" thing is way over rated. It's for real.

Can't be said any better than that, be well.

Can't be said any better than that, be well.
My thoughts and prayers are with you also...

(What a beautiful prayer Dave)

• Moderators

Well said Dave [Y]

Good luck Ace, hope it goes way better than expected. And you are one of the well respected people here, well don't let that go to your head, there are only a few troublemakers and being one of them I just wanted to say good luck to you and the wife.

As far as I know there is no way to have to many prayers so you will get some extras. [Y]

Idea, while you can, remove the back off the speakers and put about #100 pounds of rocks in each one so the wife can't move them.

Ace,

Sorry to hear about your injury and I wish you a Complete, NOT speedy, recovery. Please don't rush it for the sake of trying to get back to work sooner. If it was a work related injury, I may be able to offer you some valuable advice, as I just got through with a three and a half year battle, over Workers Compensation and finally prevailed..... Please PM me if you feel that I may be able to offer some help as there are many milestones that can hurt you in the long run.

W. C.

Just wanted to thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. The surgery went well according to my surgeon...I will go above and beyond that and say I think he is a miracle worker. I am already off the prescription pain killers as the pain can be managed with some ibuprofen...36 hours after 2 plates and several pins installed in my shoulder, which makes me think he did a really good job. Even though I have enough narcotics to keep a horse down, I don't like taking them if I don't have too, and if I have no soreness, I would be tempted to do something stupid like move an amp or something, which we all know would be the worst thing to do. So, I wanted to say thanks to everyone for a successful phase 1, I can only hope recovery and rehab continue to go well in the coming months. I am really good at putting an album on with one arm and hand now too!

Thanks, ACE