Cross your fingers for me guys

jhoak

A few months ago I was contracted to do monthly maintenance on a small group of computers at a local office. Certainly not a "living" but a few extra bucks coming in. The family that owns this company has been in this area for 5 or 6 generations and are VERY well connected in these parts. The hope was that they would be happy with my services and refer me to others like them. Small companies that don't need and can't afford a full time IT guy but still have IT needs that need to be attended to.

Well it happened. One of the owners gave my name to a local group of 5 private schools. I'm meeting with them tomorrow morning to evaluate their needs and hopefully work out a schedule.

Cross your fingers, say a prayer, sacrifice a lamb, or whatever. I could really use a break.

Probably better that you NOT torment the neighbor's cat. If you decide to do a "rain dance" I want a video. Better yet post the video here. I'm sure that there are others here that could use the laugh.

Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers though. Greatly appreciated.

local group of 5 private schools

Even ONE private school could be full time... especially for one person. I'm currently looking at a jump that would give me a $4-6 hourly increase. The main problem would be losing the 4+ weeks of vacation per year I currently have. The new one would be less stress, though.

Praying for your possibilities... [Y]

Bruce

Got it. Only part time to start but at the rate I charge for contract work it's still decent coin. Not even close to what I was making at my last full time gig though.

No complaints here. After almost 18 months of NO income even a little bit looks good to me.

I'll know Monday afternoon how many hours they have in their budget and when I start. She seemed pretty anxious to get me working.

Thanks for all the good thoughts.