Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Afternoon gang

Quick break from firing up the ol ford im getting rid of, 236K trans seal leaking like a sieve.

Donating it to the Farm.

Wanted to stay on the boat project, however this warm weather is bringing on chores.

Coffee, Brownies, Rest :emotion-44::emotion-21:

• Like 4

Sad coffee story … this cat at work is sick.  I’m a germaphobe and have been trying to avoid him for days. Yesterday, I’m walking through the parking lot and notice that the coffee cup he’s holding is the same type from the place i stop each morning. Now, i can’t let something like that go without saying something. So, i ask him “did you go to that donut shop right down the street?”  He says, “yeah. I generally go to this other place; but, went here today.” 

So, on his sick days he goes to a different place for coffee?  Isn’t that like industrial sabotage?  

Anyway, this morning, remember I’m a germaphobe that thinks this dude has now contaminated the workers at my donut shop, I decide to stop at another place. I’m next in line and the guy in front of me starts coughing.  So now, i have to leave.  I walk down to the supermarket because there is at starbucks inside of it.  they have horrible coffee; but, i drank it anyway--because i spent 20 years in a sea-going service. Sometimes it’s tough being me.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 5

Good evening guys,

Just a quick post....checking in. Coffee done many many hours ago, but I should be drinking some in about 9 hours.

Was kind of a slower day at the shop today.......was a good day. Going in tomorrow for a cash job.......need my cash for my toys. Well I am trying to get some cash together, I would like to put A/C in the shop this year.......yea Sancho you got me thinking.....lol lol

Every year in the middle of summer I wish the shop had A/C. So might do it this year. OK guys have a good night, check in with you guys in the AM....

MKP :-)

• Like 4

Morning folks, up early this fine Saturday for another BBQ contest.  This one is for pulled pork, and a benefit to boot.  Man I tell ya, I fell like I have been busy lately. Usually I can stop in once in a while, but work has kept me going.  Well I started some higher learning classes this last week, and I don't know how I will pull it off but I will give it ago.  Sounds like Chucks painter did a good job, and Mark is fitting mosquitoes.  The rest of you, well the rest of you sounds like your having fun.  Bigstewman, maybe consider making coffee at home.  I don't know what it is, but since I quit eating out, when ever I do know I get sick.  MPK, another great  thing about having a/c in the is that it cuts down on dust and contamination. I would give it a try if I was you, a/c makes it nice to work in the shop during the summer. 

Does anyones computer seem to bog down when on the Klipsch forum.  Yesterday, I thought I finally got my adaware, malware, problem under control.   I was at 40 percent ram usage, then I came here last night to do some reading and was back up to 50-60 percent.  

Well I have to run for know, you guys have a good one. 

• Like 6

Now duder I know you have been busy but set your priorities.  Are your coffee klatch buds more important or is your job?   

Watched the Tarheels beat Virginia in a close second half (ACC tourney).

Expecting rain today and then a mighty nice Sunday in store.

Time to walk the Jakemiester.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 6

Good morning friends ....

Just finished reading through the last couple of days postings, lots going on here as always (0:

Good luck today Duder.... Will they have a blues band playing at this one? We've done a few...

Meanwhile, here was the scene from last night's listening session on RTM from 'Music Hall' Steve has seen and enjoyed ;0)

Coffee made, time to bake up some pink grapefruit for breakfast...

Enjoy your morning everyone......rainy, 34 degrees, Gold Finches all over the thistle feeder per usual..

image.jpg1_120.jpg

• Like 6

Mornin all. Looks like I missed a bunch late yesterday. Fun memories with the posts on Ford Galaxies, fairlanes, etc. For me it was the parents' ford station wagon and later a VW Beetle. ( I was more limber back then.)

Full day of friends and family. Will work Baxter's walk in too. And ... just won an ebay auction for an Oppo BDP-95. Yeah, I know, but the guy's got great feedback and 100% positive rating. We'll see, huh.

Check back in a bit.

Chuck

• Like 6

Morning gang,

Late start....should have got up earlier, but I was up late watching tv and reading through the forum.

Just finished the 1st cup of Dunkin Donuts......whole bean of course. Getting ready to roll out to the shop and do my thing for the day.

So back to this A/C thing......I'm thinking about one of those Mitsubishi split units, having a evap unit in the shop and one in the office. Man I could hear my wife now if I just had A/C in the shop and not here office......would not be good.

OK gang gotta get out of here, I'll check in later........wishing all a great day....

MKP :-)

• Like 4

Morning Guys, My first car was a 1965 galaxy 500 convertible, 6 different colors and the back glass was out as well as a hole in the top above the front seat.

Driving my brother once to see his girlfriend we hit a patch of ice car did a doughnut and slammed into a snowbank on the passengers side my brother went up and forward spilling a hot cup of coffee on his lap and hitting his head on the pin that lined the top up on the windshield (he was not very happy) got out to check the car only damage was a dented hubcap

another time driving my brother and his girlfriend and a girl with me it started snowing out and the hole in the top was letting snow in and blowing all over my brother and his friend (stopped and hung a towel)  funny times,

I ended up using a pool patch on the roof, and brush painted the car with a gallon of paint someone left in a junked car..................Looked great from 30 feet away, just had to make sure did not scratch it as it would peel paint off like an orange

Fun Times for sure

• Like 8

Welp sir,

Having my second cup of starbucks Sumatra dark that Nan came home with last evening. Just 12 oz bag but, maybe the way to go in trying out what I may prefer. A bit at a time.

Have to say not bad. Of course, having drank Maxwell and folgers for so long on a daily at home basis, the Sumatra is several rungs up the ladder in taste. While it does not have the aroma pregound, straight out of the bag, still not too shabby. Will be going shopping on my own for various items and will see if I can run into Maj.Dick..., or other, preground for now. Do not want to excite my senses with too much,too quick. Taking things slow nowadays, and savouring life.

May take my bubba to go cup on the road this weekend. Always reading your posts... :)

http://www.target.com/p/bubba-travel-mug-classic-black-20-oz/-/A-14461059#prodSlot=dlp_medium_1_3&term=bubba

Edited by billybob
  • Like 5