Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good evening all friends!     Todd, excellent photo!   I will be joining you shortly, still having dinner and enjoying our Hammond Organ show with Joey D. on Real Jazz SXM radio...

Me and the new Azur have arrived home safely, and I will unpackage and take photos this evening during my SRV contributions, but probably won't hook up until tomorrow during the day tests and breakin...   (I'm told by my buddy who works at the store and sold me the gear, that there IS a period for break in.... at about 100 - 200 hours, sound will improve  ^_^ )

Anyway, my prayers out to Jackson...for a fast recovery... :emotion-21:

Ok, all for now.............I'm crossing over to RTM for the evening, but may check back too :wink:

Enjoy your evening everyone...... :emotion-44:  :emotion-46:  :emotion-22:  :emotion-29:

.............Gary

• Like 6

• Moderators

Hello ladies :lol:  

Just got home tonight, it was fun but glad to be back home.

welcome back dude.  we're beginning to think you like Rodney more than us.  Wait, maybe you do...we haven't offered you our lake house yet.  

Nope, not true it's just an extension of this place and someplace to getaway, We do listen to Klipsch there and plan for times when everyone here can go and have a good time, OK were just practicing for when you all get there. At this rate were going to be good at it. :lol: Rodney is excited and can't wait, he talks about it all the time.

• Like 6

• Moderators

Time flies

This is exactly why I love this forum.  Everyone was there for us then. (Steve, you posted there as well!)  I got choked up just re-reading it.

Glad you posted that, I had completely forgot about it, sorry,  with any luck it will never be a problem for her again. Your right time flies

• Like 5

Morning Gang

New waterheater in the truck, Farm Run for install.

Went out yesterday to check it out, one of the farm kids took my truck over to the Bulk storage of Deisel and filled it wile i was inside troubleshooting, Dam Farmer(s), they do take care you.

Guess this Farmer loves me for taken care of the community, he said his main sqeeze complained there was no hot water, he said he yelled GET ME ANOTHER BEER, AND CALL Mark.< and im there.

Sqeeze ask him later, What the hell do you pay this guy Mark?, he say's >I dont<. she is freaking out, He tells her, when something does not work just call him and the problem is GONE.That's the way it works in farmland babe.

He then tells me, talking her, Babe if you ever give him Chit, you are Gone.

80s today humid/clouds and better get my coffee done, got to Go.  

• Like 10

Almost finished a pot of Community at my childhood home in Texarkana.  So looking forward to recording the boogie woogie this evening and the day with John Tennison!  Details on that in my "Retirement Project..." thread so I won't go into it again.

Weather in Texarkana is world class.  Cool, overcast, and dry.  So nice!  "This is the day the Lord has made.  Rejoice and be glad in it!" 

Dave

• Like 9

Bad start to my day. I went out to mow the lawn and the Husqvarna I bought at Lowes three months ago won't start. A little trouble shooting and it looks like a shorted coil. Lowes says because it is more than 30 days and I didn't buy their warranty plan, they will do nothing. Husqvarna has a three year warranty but they are closed until Monday. What a PIA.

On the up side, I don't have to mow now. Think I'll do some wood working. I need to cut the wood for the turntable project.

• Like 8

Carl - continued prayers for Amy and your family.  

Sancho - continued prayers for Jackson and your family.

Steve - take camera to Heart and get at least one pic with them or at least a selfie on your phone. 

My latest RTM post....

A FB and more friend, local radio DJ (and more) Jill appears at 3:05 in this clip from 1990.   Here are a couple of photos from her collection she posted on FB from her Q102. Mothership days in Dallas. . 

11933461_10154178745019488_5586669532188

photo by Michael J. Insuaste Imagery

11892071_10154178745409488_6517259249445

11887861_10154178744519488_2203245399177

11947701_10154178747269488_7290923520652

11924766_10154178744929488_6737497506777

Can't find any SRV on CD (may have tribute?) and have none on mp3.  Yard work tunes.  Portable CD and Image X10.   

Definitely influenced by SRV.  Kokomo's own, a mutual friend of Jill's.

Mike Milligan and Steam Shovel   -   Live!

2004 Mojo Hut Records MJM93071 

Recorded live at The Slippery Noodle August 13 - 14 2004

MikeMilliganampSteamShovelLive_zps2bc0f2

• Like 8

Bad start to my day. I went out to mow the lawn and the Husqvarna I bought at Lowes three months ago won't start. A little trouble shooting and it looks like a shorted coil. Lowes says because it is more than 30 days and I didn't buy their warranty plan, they will do nothing. Husqvarna has a three year warranty but they are closed until Monday. What a PIA.

On the up side, I don't have to mow now. Think I'll do some wood working. I need to cut the wood for the turntable project.

I was looking at their trimmers glad to kno2 i should purchase the warranty.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Good morning!  Cup #1 - Cameron's Highlander Grogg ground fresh...went back to black about a week ago...sometimes better than others...tasting fine this morning.  Awesome photos and memorabilia blsamuel!  Did a run 10 miles North into Wisconsin for gas yesterday, diesel, vodka and whiskey.  Gas $245 per gallon up there...$289 In Northern IL.  Saved big time on the vodka and whiskey too...hence the late start for cup#1   :emotion-44:

Low 60's here and lovin it.  Going to get back in the mid 80's next week.  60's good football weather duder.

• Like 7

Good morning everyone................... :emotion-44: :emotion-44:

Third MUG of Melitta dark roast going, BLACK, but may add a little raw sugar for the last one of the day...   

Sorry to hear about your mower going down Ward, my dad bought that same mower, no problems...   

Why do I have all the luck with small engine powered appliances?   My old Toro with B&S 6.5 hp. engine has run the same for all 9 years of service.   I even hopped up the governor a little for higher RPM, better suction of lawn debris into the bag, and BEAT the hell out of it in the fall mulching up leaves year after year.....    Lucky...  Best $400 spent back in '06...   But I think the auto drive belt may need adj. finally or replacing.  Reg. oil and air filter changes by myself am sure have helped, but orig. plug and points still....

At any rate, great that you are back onto the TT plinth.

I am working on my old Dual 506...   Brand new belt just arrived from Vintage Electronics, I will lube the platter bearing and clean it up a bit, see how it plays.    I was telling Pezz how the adjustments of anti skate and weight is set EXACTLY like my Rega rp6, and this goes back to the 70ies !!

I hope the health of loved ones and pets are progressing positively for those concerned.

Mark, you made me smile with that 'Farmers' report :happy:

TODAY, I am going to setup my Azur preamp and will have the grand unveiling and listening this evening over in RTM.   Seems my buddy Pezz saw the new item in one of my photos from last night, as it sat freashly unboxed and sitting on top of the Velodyne sub... So, this morning's breakfast Skype opened up with that discussion..   He approved of the purchase choice  :laugh: .

More in a bit.... Enjoy the day my friends...

.............Gary

• Like 7

LF was in South Carolina yesterday and filled up for $1.93 a gallon.

Gary.....can you take pictures of the tt maintenance you're doing as well as the new pre?

Pulling all the vinyl down from the cabinets....man I've got some good stuff here I'll have to listen to one day  :mellow:

Sorry about the lawn mower Luther....things like that frustrate me.  My grass has slowed a bit.  May wait till Monday to mow.

• Like 8

Good Morning folks, storage straightened out, new plugs, wires cap and rotor, as well as air filter and oil change on the old 85 mercury sounds better now

still needs new skins and some welding (having the welding looked at monday morning) theres a trade I wish I had learned

nothing to do now except medicate  :D

• Like 12

I was looking at their trimmers glad to kno2 i should purchase the warranty.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Luther.... this is why you should spend a few more $$$ and buy good power tools from a REAL dealer with a service department and not a big box store.  Have not had any issues with my Still FS85 bought new back in '98 with minimal maintenance.  A few issues with Cub Cadet lawn tractor bought used - the electric clutch went out and muffler was too rusty to re-use ... has worked fine since though needs a new battery or more acid.  Only a few issues with pro grade Simplicity walk behind snow blower.  Mostly my own making - tried to push a railroad tie through it.  Janked things up pretty good before it broke the shear pin.  Then tried to push slush through it .... bad idea - bent up 2nd stage on that one.  Other than that let it get out of adjustment bad enough it didn't go.  Felt stupid on that one as I took it to a localish dealer as the dealer in town bit the dust.  Great mechanic.... terrible at running a business.

Good luck with your yard gear.  I did have to "fix" my mower deck.  Some ID10T had mowed over an old t shirt and get it wedged really tight into the blades and pulleys.  Changed blades and much better... had previously mowed a chunk off the top of a rock I hadn't seen and had been clubbing grass for a while.

Highly recommended to buy from store / dealer that services what it sells. 

Can't wait to see TT plinth pics. 

I have a vintage Garrard AT6 Mk II from a console with Shure M44E? or something like that.  Has manual and plinth template.  Worth using a good hunk of cedar, other word, or marble to make a new plinth?   Need to inspect and clean up.  Looks to be in real good shape.  Have to get out my magnifying mirror etc and inspect the stylus. 

• Like 8

• Moderators
Pulling all the vinyl down from the cabinets....man I've got some good stuff here I'll have to listen to one day

YES you do, you need to show the LF why you like this hobby, I know that will sound good. 

• Like 9