Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good morning once again.....

Ceptor, we are still formulating a little trip today..... Looks like a lighthouse will be visited.... (0;

Duder, thanks for the compliment, you paint a nice picture as well........many a snowmobile trip to Vermont and New Hamphire over the years fits your description ...

Ok, just a couple of photos.........now, for what ever reason, the fall color is not in full here, while at home it is spectacular right now...

Anyway, here is the sign out front with various fall colors...image_62.jpeg, and another of some large pumpkins image_63.jpeg, ....and for staying with the forum theme, a nice dark roast in the correct mug.....image_61.jpeg, all for the moment, more later on.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone....

.......Gary

• Like 7

Morning Gang

Had a nice thunder bumper come through at midnight.

1/10 of an inch, we call that Fog. i notice the ground is damp.

Farm run yet again, taking the wife for some sit down easy work.

Mexican breakfast today, Coffee/Duggans going down just fine.

If you live in an area that needs rain, I'm sure you'll take it.

I wish I hadn't clicked on your pic….those look scrumptious :D

• Like 5

Morning all...

A late start for me today....not much going on....more clean up work around the house is planed....

Yes a cool day here....I'm still in shorts, have not made the switch to the long pants yet. I hold out long as possible for the long pants....cuz once I swith there's no going back.

The leaves are falling in the yard, oil tanks got filled at the shop, three cords of wood almost stacked, the snow blower will be going on the tractor.....yea the cold is coming....

Chuck....glad all is good with ya my man....

Gary..... nice pics for sure....enjoy your stay....

Mark.... those donuts look horrible.....I'll eat almost anything.....but those.....not for me...lol lol

Ok gang gotta roll.....daughter just called...she went to cut my farther-in-laws lawn and the tractor won't start......I tell ya it never stops...

A good day to all...

MKP :-)

• Like 5

No kidding guys!!! I had a scary dream last night. Eldon and Chief making out. I know, I know, sick nightmare........................................wait a minute. That happened. :o :o :o

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/159709-eldondtel-is-a-great/

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 8

I was given non-working 42" Samsung flatscreen yesterday. I spent an hour this morning pulling the power supply board and replacing some bad caps. Works like a champ now. It had been professionally calibrated. The picture is awesome. I love freebies.

I believe that was a common issue with some of the samsung tvs.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Good evening everyone.......   We are back from a long day of travel further up north to pursue a lighthouse.   Ended up at Pemaquid Point...   Just found they have a webcam!, if I knew that, I could have had you all tune in and I would give you all a wave hello :D ...

Anyway, got some great photos from down on the rocks, with gulls, smallish waves splashing about and an infinite view of the sea!  Had my DSLR also, took many photos of the distant RAIN falling out over the ocean.    Also, a wedding had taken place and the bride and groom, along with a small wedding party came out from a door at the bottom of the lighthouse!

You can tour this thing right up inside where the working lamp is!, and I saw them all walking around the multi-faceted lens.   Chris and I had been up there a few years ago...    Last year, we stopped at another lighthouse complete with ELECTRONIC FOG HORNS.   I took a movie of that, also the de-commissioned original air horns and compressor room with hearing protection warnings everywhere.....fun stuff ^_^     OH, and there was a wedding going on there too!   Guess it is popular along the coast to have weddings in lighthouses.... B)

Ok, my iPad is charging right now, and I will try to get some photos from the sea coast etc. ...stand by...

......Gary

PS.  Great Luther on reviving the flat screen...    My co-worker tossed out a fairly new 50" Vizio because it went black, no LED power, no nothing!  They had a powersurge during a storm, so you can probably figure out what may have happened..  Bought a Samsung to replace it, no problems with it yet...

• Like 7

Ok coffee friends, here is a little Atlantic coastline scene for you......just a single, got to run out for a nice dinner in an old farmhouse about 15 minutes from where we are staying... More later....

Enjoy your evening everyone...

.....Gary image_66.jpeg

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 8

Hello again my friends.... Just back from a simply fantastic dinner, upscale offerings, greeted at the door by both parents of the owner, server was wonderful, we gave a 25% tip.... Wine was from Australia, an old vine Zin...

Here is a photo of the lighthouse with some ocean horizon included ;0)image_64.jpeg

• Like 7

HA! Get a load of this gull....(looks to be a two year old Herring gul) on the roof of that car! This one was rather friendly, I gave it a few pieces of my raspberry scone and it would venture within a few feet of me..

Ok, heading to the rack for the night..... Next post much later in the day when we arrive back home...

Good night from Ogunquit Maine......zzzzzzzzzzzimage_67.jpeg

• Like 6

Good morning from once again from Maine...............Breakfast in the farmhouse calling, then we head out to the kitchen outlet store in Kittery and then head home...

OT, that bird kill scene is a familiar one....   How about a Mourning Dove on my deck railing, fully splayed open and gutted!   I have some great closeup shots of the Red tailed Hawk that was part of that....    I actually got up on my roof and got about 10 feet from it before it took off.    Well, this happens, part of having bird feeders and such....

Oh, yes, that was cinnamon french toast on my plate....   Today will be something different, everything is made fresh and local here, always tasty ^_^

Thats it for now, time to start the checkout process  (loading the suv)..... :rolleyes:

More when we arrive home.................glad you liked some of the photos so far, got more!

...................enjoy your day, 

......   Gary

• Like 7

Nice Gary!  Enjoying your photos and write up.  Sounds like a fun trip and I would have liked to been there for the dinner and vino.

I'm sure you have seen the Hatteras light house on your trips to the OBX.

Well Gents it's down right chilly here this morning.  Wore a medium weight jacket to walk the Jakester. 

Guess it will be some football today to see if LF's pick (Broncos) win.  Don't follow the sport much but I do like wings and good beer.  Today I'm going for the hottest.  The bar folks have warned me but I have to see for myself.  Hell I ate the Chernobyl wings at Hilton Head and the Three Mile Island wings as well. 

Reading the "Hardware" thread this morning.  That's a trip in itself.

Last day worker bees.....wring the most out of it.  Put it on minermarks tab :lol:

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 9