Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good Morning yet again gang

Up from morning Nap.

Wife unit killed the pot wile i was napping, oh well, waffle time.

Farm run Friday morning, day of rest/movies sounds pretty dam nice.

We are up to 49 degrees, and we call that winter. most leaves are still on the trees that are Freaking out.

Tell wife unit not to over water those pot plants :o

• Like 4

• Moderators

Just went through a rack of LPs with the LF on the phone.  We limited the take to 3 egg crates.  She named the artist and I would tell her the titles to look for.  Think I amazed her at knowing so many but told her those titles were standard issue for any old hippies....

If all LPs were on hand I often took the more obscure.  Did ask her to bring all the Beatles and Stones as some may be collectable. The "White" album was unopened!!  Tull's "Aqualung" also unopened.

I asked about the condition of the covers and she said they all look like new. 

This is going to be fun :P

You have done a great job of picking lady friends, was audio part of the requirement, it appears so ?

Well done

• Like 5

• Moderators
Not sure but I'd swear they don't sell us the "real" Guinness here in the states.   Might have to travel to a pub in Ireland to be sure!

True if I were over there I would surely try another, especially if it's draft.   

• Like 3

Good Morning yet again gang

Up from morning Nap.

Wife unit killed the pot wile i was napping, oh well, waffle time.

Farm run Friday morning, day of rest/movies sounds pretty dam nice.

We are up to 49 degrees, and we call that winter. most leaves are still on the trees that are Freaking out.

Tell wife unit not to over water those pot plants :o

She killed the pot of coffee, thought about making more right now but this AnchorSteam "Liberty Ale" is tasting pretty dam good with Snickerdoodles cookies. 

• Like 5

Just got rid of the Kegerator i built some years back, i ran only two things in it.

Guinness Nov to April, and Stella April through Nov. I liked beer after a workday, two or three daily.

As of two years ago maybe only a couple everyother day or so, do not drink like i used to.

Quite a tale as to why i got the Kegerator outta here, some other time perhaps.

As to the Irish side of me, "I NOW HAVE PAPERS" to prove irish decent, compiments of my cousin wanting to run a DNA familytree thing i agreed to, came back 100% Irish, pizzed off the entire family without knowing it.

No one would talk to me as soon as they all got copys of the Cert, Turns out im a "Payne".

Name change due to, too many members of the Payne family getting on the boat, they ask around the boat to find and take another familys name, and that would be the last name i grew up with as of today.

Growing up we kids were fed all kinds of crap of our back ground, of course untill Me, Mark Have papers to prove BS!

Always wondered why i loved Single Malt Scotch/Guinness, no one could out drink, no one.

As for this pic of me wearing the Kilt, Daughters wedding day, hook up to a Scott she did, im ok with that.

Irish wear pants, had fun with the son-in-law with that one i did, i was the hold out.

post-57941-0-30780000-1446756494_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 7

Mark, did you buy your full outfit? That can get really pricey. I think i saw you at a pub in Limerick... wow, Guiness and Stella... I knew I liked you.

We've supposedly got Scots, Irish, Welsh, English and Dutch in our family. Got named after Robert the Bruce for some reason.

Bruce

Edited by Marvel
  • Like 5

Good evening.

Tonight I'm  enjoying a Session Ale from Founders Brewing Co., Grand Rapids, MI.  The brew's name reminds me of a Jeopardy Clue:

ALL DAY IPA

The correct response:

"How does a 66 year-old Canadian say he passes his time?"

FWIW, I like this better than the much more expensive Imperial IPA from yesterday.

post-6832-0-38580000-1446765425_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 5

Mark, did you buy your full outfit? That can get really pricey. I think i saw you at a pub in Limerick... wow, Guiness and Stella... I knew I liked you.

We've supposed got Scots, Irish, Welsh, English and Dutch in our family. Got named after Robert the Bruce for some reasom.

Bruce

The grooms side of the family wanted to dress everyone the same, free, who am i to complain.

That will be the last time anyone gets this Irishman in a Klit though.

after the wedding they let us keep the Kilts, WhooHoo.......

• Like 8

We've supposed got Scots, Irish, Welsh, English and Dutch in our family. Got named after Robert the Bruce for some reasom.

Bruce

The grooms side of the family wanted to dress everyone the same, free, who am i to complain.

That will be the last time anyone gets this Irishman in a Klit though.

after the wedding they let us keep the Kilts, WhooHoo.......

I can understand that  :D  If worn traditional who wants a garment the junk was rubbed on  :P

• Like 5

As to the drinking of Guinness, there is a long standing theory, to which I subscribe, that the closer to Dublin, the better the taste. At the Gravity bar at Saint James Gate, it was excellent. Also while carousing in the Temple Bar district.

I believe this is probably correct. No originator of an unique recipe ever turns it over complete and unedited. For example, KFC never tasted the same again after the Colonel sold it to PepsiCo years ago. 

• Like 6