Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Neil, be happy you didn't get the rain part of this storm, we did. My wife had to take our daughter to work because I couldn't get any of her 4 doors open on her car because of the 3/8" of solid ice sealing it up! The main streets are fine, but the side streets are very slick. 12 here, -10 windchill, down to -4 tonight. I saw a -30 somewhere in Minn. this morning. Stay safe if you're out in it.

I hope you get that Kinks song back in your playlist. For mid 60s rock, the Kinks were one of my favorites. That was some pretty heavy music for back then. It still holds up today.

Chuck, my finger is slowing getting better. It still throbs, I'm taking a half of a painkiller twice a day. I will say these Norco5 are great at curbing the pain with no side effects. I go to an Ortho hand doctor tomorrow to make sure the bone is fusing back together properly. I'm getting those sharp jabbing pain shots, I think that's the healing process.

That grass cloth idea does look nice, it might even help with acoustics:D

• Like 8

I went to bed last night around 10:30 or 11.  It was 73 degrees outside

The motion sensor light on my garage and the wind woke me up at 3:30.  I checked the temperature outside and it was 43.  Basically a 30 degree drop in 5 hours.  Crazy weather for sure.  It was 39 on the way to church this morning.   The high was 80 yesterday. 

• Like 6

Good morning gang...........:emotion-44:

Thanks Ceptor, sound like are dealing with your finger well enough too..   My illness is calming down, best night's sleep was last night in almost a week!   But the throat is still bad, but the fever was only yesterday, I think I knocked that out with the outdoor snow work :emotion-21:...  

Chuck, hope you are feeling better too!,  post nasal is a bi**tch !!  Well, enough on that...   The room looks great!   What are the inwalls ?   My neighbor has an older in wall system.  The; grills look like yours but these are ADC speakers.   They are waiting for me to wire them back up to a modern receiver....

MPK, that looks like fun!   Did he actually have his foot on that amp??      What was the CD on the table?  It looks like a double CD case...

Ok, getting ready for my show tonight, so, time to pack up the gear and get ready to be at the venue for a rehearsal at 2:30pm.   Show at 6pm.   This will be our final for the year, but it all starts back up in Feb.  !!   So, we get a few weeks off from rehearsals..

Enjoy your day everyone...........I keep checking in when I can..

................Gary

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Nice gathering Mark....of course our coffee gang would be more fun.

Without question:D lol lol. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Mark, how did those Carver monos sound?

They had good sound.... and really all the amps and speaker combo's sounded good. But I really wanted to put the watts to my KP's with those mono's hooked up. I've never heard the 9t's and yes we did play em but we never had those needles over 10 watts. Yea at 10 watts the Klipsch were sounding good but my god those 9't's are rated at 575 watts @ 8ohms. I'm thinking come on guys put some power to my Klipsch;)

The one Carver guy (Randy) that came over to my house during the summer was telling the guys how he was sitting on my couch and could feel the bass in his chest from the JBL's...... and how my wife was clipping the Crown amp on the deck..... I think Randy also wanted some more power to those Klipsch.... Now I'm not complaining cuz it was a fun day... But as you guys have caught on here from my posts if MKP rolls up on these seen with some Pro-Klipsch and some BIG Carver amps I'm ready to shake and peel paint off your walls and piss off your neighbors!!... Yea baby.

1 hour ago, Tigerman said:

MPK, that looks like fun!   Did he actually have his foot on that amp??      What was the CD on the table?  It looks like a double CD case...

Yea Gary it was fun. I really did enjoy meeting some more of the Carver gang...

Zumbini (Dom) didn't really have his foot on the amp... they were just staging to pic for a laugh:lol: 

I don't recall what CD that was... we played a good bit of jazz and classic rock. The guys really loved two of the CD's I brought. Dire Straits Brothers in Arms, original recording from 85 and my Pink Floyd Dark Site of the moon CD Original Master Recording (Gold UltraDisc) Those two are some of my treasures...

MKP :-)

• Like 9

I wanted to add that two of the Carver guys (Kevin and Bill) were stuck in the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel for three hours do this horrific crash...

Prayers go out to the families

Mods please remove if deemed inappropriate...

Kevin and Bill are fine they were not involved..... They said when they past through the accident seen there were over 25 wreckers waiting in line to pick up cars and pieces.... what a shame..

Again the blame is being put on lack of road treatment...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Without question:D lol lol. 

They had good sound.... and really all the amps and speaker combo's sounded good. But I really wanted to put the watts to my KP's with those mono's hooked up. I've never heard the 9t's and yes we did play em but we never had those needles over 10 watts. Yea at 10 watts the Klipsch were sounding good but my god those 9't's are rated at 575 watts @ 8ohms. I'm thinking come on guys put some power to my Klipsch;)

The one Carver guy (Randy) that came over to my house during the summer was telling the guys how he was sitting on my couch and could feel the bass in his chest from the JBL's...... and how my wife was clipping the Crown amp on the deck..... I think Randy also wanted some more power to those Klipsch.... Now I'm not complaining cuz it was a fun day... But as you guys have caught on here from my posts if MKP rolls up on these seen with some Pro-Klipsch and some BIG Carver amps I'm ready to shake and peel paint off your walls and piss off your neighbors!!... Yea baby.

Yea Gary it was fun. I really did enjoy meeting some more of the Carver gang...

Zumbini (Dom) didn't really have his foot on the amp... they were just staging to pic for a laugh:lol: 

I don't recall what CD that was... we played a good bit of jazz and classic rock. The guys really loved two of the CD's I brought. Dire Straits Brothers in Arms, original recording from 85 and my Pink Floyd Dark Site of the moon CD Original Master Recording (Gold UltraDisc) Those two are some of my treasures...

Except for the two "Clubber Kid's" that came through last year, NO-ONE, not one has, wanted to hear "Concert Level", even their Fav tunes.

Most are into things that fit into your ear.

And if they cannot put it in their pocket, they do not wish to own it.

This Generation is FKD up as well as a few crusty FKS from my generation.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, teaman said:

I am already sick of winter. Two multi car pile ups this past week in Michigan near me and last night a couple more road closures due to fatal accidents. Drive safe out there!

Your so so right Tim...

On the way down to DC yesterday to meet up with my Carver boys there people driving like fools. I was coming from the Northern part of Md. and we had some weather over night snow/freezing rain. The roads were mostly clear when I left but there still were some slippery spots. I really have a hard time understanding why people drive like that...... Well I know why..... It's cuz they think it's not going to happen to "them".... I am NOT the knower of all but I've been on this earth long enough to know that "Chitt Happens" 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, minermark said:

Tooling up an adapter for staging my Rv antenna work "Tripod Workbench".

Hey Mark is that a Grizzly lathe? Looks like one... 

Ya like it? 

My dad has a Smithy lathe/Mill Combo.... it's not a bad little machine for home owner type stuff.. he made some bronze bushing for a mower I was working on. He did quite well, they really looked good and did the job. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I went to bed last night around 10:30 or 11.  It was 73 degrees outside

The motion sensor light on my garage and the wind woke me up at 3:30.  I checked the temperature outside and it was 43.  Basically a 30 degree drop in 5 hours.  Crazy weather for sure.  It was 39 on the way to church this morning.   The high was 80 yesterday. 

Those 40 degree temp changes are always fun. It was 40 here yesterday, 10 now, and -4 tonight. Just travel with extra clothes:D

Hey, did any of you guys have the phono in the glovebox option on your car years ago?

• Like 6

Afternoon  gang

What the hell day is this?

Matters not.

R&D on Rv ant system #1 is going so well, i decided to just mount up.

Current Libations/Cigar/IPA will of course hinder any quick outcome.

System appropriately designated as call sign GC1, as in Gladys Cravites #1.

Pic is of the "Oil Mist injection" device, Everything in life could use a little lube.........

31732216425_f6bcb2a4b1.jpg

• Like 7