Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

You bet Steve...................hear you on the rarity of colds, like my dad, we are almost never sick, but, when it hits it can be a challenge..   My co-workers have all had numerous colds over the years, and I have managed to avoid them, even though we work together, handle the same tools and ride in the same truck...   Just lucky most of the time I guess.

My sister made me the herbal tea ...  :emotion-44:  :wink:.....thanks for your thoughts..

• Like 6

Feel better soon Gary. 

66 degrees and sunny here.  I would be out in the bubble if I felt better.  A little run down.

Ordered a country ham and a honey baked ham from a place in Goldsboro, NC called Wayco Hams.  Wayco stands for Wayne County where they are located.  Hams delivered today.  Will serve at LF's brunch on the 22nd.

Heard from my bud bluesboy who lives on the west coast now.  Good to chat with him.

• Like 6

Chicken soup and some vitamin c and rest. Exposure this time of year getting wet, not so good. Once had a liquor store lady turn me on to some Knottyhead. Sortof a brandy concoction with fruit in the bottle. As with having a drink of anything alcohol, can make you feel better, at least temporarily. This up and down weather this season so far, is a good way to get a cold down here. Hope it is cool here for the Christmas and New Years celebration. Not much happening as still just looking at my stuff linger on the for sale list. Get well soon with best wishes ya'll. Plan on going to a brother's place this week. Will stay in touch.

• Like 5

Thanks Billy.....HA, it was 5 degrees yesterday morning !   Was 15 and snowing the better half of the day, and warmed to the upper 20ies NO sun....

Yup, drinking water constantly, and my taste is a bit off, so even my good friend VINO does not taste good!   Maybe some Grand M. warmed will be better ?!?  OK, I am keeping my chip up and will still visit the buddies over on RTM this evening for some music and friendship..   They have already started!

Enjoy the trip and your brother's company...

................g

• Like 6

Evening gang...

Just catching up on posts.... was unable to check-in this morning

Rolled out this morning and drove down to Alexandria Va. to Meet up with a few guys from thecarversite. One member had a open house little jam session. It was held in the community room at his condominium. There quite a bit of nice gear there. I took a Carver TFM-42 and a 4.0t and you know MKP took a pair of Klipsch. I took my KP-362's from the shop. We had more amps than speaker at this little jam. There were a smaller pair of Infinity's, Three ways.... (didn't get the model #) and a small pair of Dick Sequerra's. These were like a book self size speaker, two way...

It was a good day, I got the chance to meet a few new Audio friends and my buds that came over to my place in the summer for a little jam session also made. A lot of these guys get together once and while so there was a lot of catching up going on. Oh we were playing music and it was very enjoyable.. but I was waiting for the chance to put the watts to the KP's. One of the guys had a pair of Silver 9t's that had just been service by Dennis Miller. He asked me if I wanted to hook them up to my Klipsch..... I'm like oh yea were going get this place shaking..... well unfortunately that didn't happen... I would have liked to given those amps a workout... I thought I heard  one of my KP's say "give me more power" lol lol 

Didn't get a chance to hook up any of my Carver's I brought with me...just ran out of time we had to have the community room cleared out by 6:00. 

Again it was a good day to get to meet new friends.. The host said he wants to do this again... Maybe next time I'll take control of the volume knob..... They might throw me and my Klipsch out:o...

Later..

MKP :-)

• Like 7

Room looks nice Chuck, I like the wall treatment. My brother builds high-end homes. A while back I noticed he did an accent wall in a den of a home with the same wood flooring as the floors. It sounded odd at first, but it really had a great look. 

I hope you feel better Gary. Outside dealing with snow isn't fun, and can be dangerous. But it looks like you have a nice evening going on.

• Like 6

Good Sunday morning.

It's 20 now with a predicted high of 20 and a low of -2.  Fortunately it did not rain yesterday so the snow remains on the ground to insure a white Christmas.

I believe I'll stay inside and fine tune the playlist for the 50th reunions of the class of '67.  I need to replace the file of "All Day and All of the Night" by the Kinks.  The existing file is corrupted.  I look forward to hearing it from my son's Heresy h/k 430 system.

• Like 9

Class of '67 here too Neil.

Hey Bill how is the finger?  Still painful?

The dolls in the case are Larry, Curly, and Moe or Larry, Carl, and Moe as I call them.

The wall covering is grass cloth....my idea.  Hoped it would help with reflection a bit.  Had it in my house in the historic district that I spent 10 years renovating.

LF has whole house sound so the TV does not play through the Heresey lls.  Mostly in wall/ceiling speakers with some HK hung under the eves for the back deck.

I may change the gear arrangement a bit....doesn't look quite right.  I suggested we leave the R2R out and use a CDP.  Lower profile.

Hope Gary is feeling better.  Think he gave his cold to me:mellow:

Nice gathering Mark....of course our coffee gang would be more fun.

67 degrees here yesterday.....today up to 70.

Have a great Sunday Gents.

One week till Christmas........

• Like 9