Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

don't view flashbacks as a negative thing -- it's like a two for one sale.  If you get a flashback, then you're getting a good bang for your buck.

There's a positive way of looking at everything, stay positive, it really sparks off the negative people !

• Like 6

Afternoon (chilly) but good afternoon anyway

Funny, Tamales, iv been informed this will be dinner :o

We have some great one's in NorCal, we found a source, $7 bucks each, but all we need is one each.

Gladys Cravit's Cam work's extreamly well, 36 power zoom/auto image.

Time to play with it again.   

My-head-says-gym-funny-sign-700x700.jpg

• Like 6

Good evening my friends................getting ready to head out for dinner with a $100 from my neighbors for installing an all new LED landscape lighting system!   I decided, since it is a B'Day celebration, it would be a good thing and use it....   A GREAT restaurant literally a minute's drive from my door!   Based on an Irish theme (lots of meat dishes), there are some veggie options for this guy ;)   and since I do sea meat,  I am IN :emotion-21: !

MPK, ok, 95 DB-A is what I like to see when I am listening to the loudest crescendos of a well recorded symphony orchestra.   As mentioned, we hit 108 with a Percy Grainger recording from a college wind orchestra, and that was scary CLEAN !  But yeah, those JBLs must have some good punchy low end performance for sure..  The KHorns will get into the 25 Hz. range when called on, and they too will punch you in the gut (and face) in short order when pressured into it :D

Whats the phrase about drinking?    Oh, 'Listen Responsibly :lol:

Ceptor, the pipe organ can NOT be hurt by low temps.   The Tanglewood organ is sitting in winter temps right now as I type, I am sure it was BELOW zero at the concert hall over night / this morning !   As long as when it is played, the temps are back to a normal 60-80 degrees..   So, there is your answer sir....

Sorry to see your new flat screen wrecked!   I noted that when I got my 50" LED screen earlier this year (online order - shipped to the house), there was NO prohibition on handling it and transporting it on the box!

Back 6 years ago when I got my 47" LCD, there were warnings all over the box for keeping it UPRIGHT!  Clearly those older, larger screens have NO real support over the large expanse if laid horizontal......

Ok, got to run,  enjoy your evening everyone...........    I will check in again at some point...

..........Gary

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Gonna be a late one tonight I'm a feared.  Daughter is busy trying to bring my granddaughter into the world.  We've been here 6 or 7 hours and it still may be a while.  Kids gonna come on her own time.  All we can do is wait.

Woo Hoo!  That's exciting stuff!!  Health and smooth exits!  Congrats!

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Gonna be a late one tonight I'm a feared.  Daughter is busy trying to bring my granddaughter into the world.  We've been here 6 or 7 hours and it still may be a while.  Kids gonna come on her own time.  All we can do is wait.

I hear ya Carl.....  The BOSS was 10 days late with Emma (in my avatar) even when the doctors induced labor she still was not coming after 24 hours. I tell everyone "It's cuz I planted her so deep":lol:.... they finally did a "C" section....

My best to all you guys....Keep us posted grandpa Carl ;)

MKP :-)

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Jeffrey was due in Sept, we made a trip from GA. to TX in May and while I was out fishing at 0500 the wife went in labor in no-wheres-ville TX, my Mom says take her to Paris, did so. Dr on call comes busting into room demanding to know what azzhole husband had wife make this trip. Short story is nurses got between me and "doctor...eh, maybe not so much doc" as he was way more pissed about Memorial golf game interruption than attending to patient. Helicopter trip to Baylor and months later all was well. Years later I will still kick that azzhole's lights out if I ever see him again.

• Like 4