Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Just finished my first week back at work since I was booted last April. Making only slightly less than the previous job and the environment is great. Doing IT/desktop support where my wife also works, a facility that works with developmentally disabled folks. We're about 70% linux and the rest is Windows. At 67, I am ok with it.

• Like 9

Evening gang

Nice chilly 38, wet after this afternoons storm blew through here.

I will watch the weather at 10Pm, because id really hate to be on the 80 east bound.

This was by far the coldest storm iv seen in 20 years.

They will be getting slammed in the hills.

Toasty  in the Cave 72

Smithwicks Irish Ale and Cave clean-up before starting this new Rv Ant design.

Wife convinced me sometime back, why have an exposed roof top antenna that gets the chit beat out of it everytime we go somewhere.

Sooo, im going with a 20" X 24" escape hatch roof cover, Powered opening of course, Air/Electric? dont know.

The biggie is the "self deploying/self stowing" antenna, this is going to be a challenge.

Roof Hatch just came today, so it's like get off my azz time........dam :wacko:

15380750_1102313936543743_5103613785515088864_n.png

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Just finished my first week back at work since I was booted last April. Making only slightly less than the previous job and the environment is great. Doing IT/desktop support where my wife also works, a facility that works with developmentally disabled folks. We're about 70% linux and the rest is Windows. At 67, I am ok with it.

Well congrats on the employment.

We here on the Coffee thread are more than happy to constantly remind worker Bees what day of the week it is.

And of course, everything WE Are NOT doing daily.

i just saw yesterday my SS gets a 3% boost, that should be good to go to the next highest grade of coffee Bean.

So you worker Bee's keep at it, w'ell be here for ya :emotion-21:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

Mark, I wonder how those might work under a truck bed cap? Do you have a link for that?

On the Bay enter the item numbers

These are what i would use for "Under the Cover" truck use.

Just make sure they are "Bright White" not Warm White.

Cannot beat cheap and free shipping most of the time.

Sometimes you will have the goodies in a week, sometimes 4 weeks.

These are "In Country" Chinese sellers, once you bring up the item numbers, check out all the other crap these guys sell, pretty cool.

item number:

item number:

item number:

• Like 3

Thanks Mark, I also found this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8pc-Truck-Bed-White-LED-Lighting-Light-Kit-For-Chevy-Dodge-GMC-Trucks-/161940110503?hash=item25b461fca7:g:afwAAOSwYSlXh99O&vxp=mtr

Really would like to do something in this regard. We keep the back of the truck full of stuff for school sports and at night its really tough to see.

• Like 3

Good morning friends...............:emotion-44:

Chuck, that scene looks very inviting ^_^   Enjoy!

Meanwhile, the big breakfast is cookin' up here, two different omelets on two different ranges, two ovens going for sausages, bacon and then the Crispy Crowns too !    OJ spiked with something....  I will get a photo here shortly...

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Thanks Mark, I also found this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8pc-Truck-Bed-White-LED-Lighting-Light-Kit-For-Chevy-Dodge-GMC-Trucks-/161940110503?hash=item25b461fca7:g:afwAAOSwYSlXh99O&vxp=mtr

Really would like to do something in this regard. We keep the back of the truck full of stuff for school sports and at night its really tough to see.

Well dam, have not seen that before :emotion-21:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Marvel said:

Congrats Bruce!  Great Christmas present. 

• Like 2

Morning all..

It's a rainy Christmas Eve here.... Getting ready to roll out and pick-up the grandkids, our daughter is working on there bedroom today. There getting a new bunk bed and TV set-up in there room and some other stuff. So The BOSS and I have to keep them for the night. Well be taking them home tomorrow. 

Man I was up late last night watching those Godzilla movies, Stoney woke me up early this morning purring and needing my face......that was @ 6:00 :(.... On another note Stoney and Boney got out of the house last night.... I was bringing fire wood in through the basement window and left it open like a dumb A$$. The Boss and I were getting ready to leave the house with my old shop helper and his wife. When we walked out side we saw Boney run across the front yard.... Took about 20 minutes to get them both back in... 

My Snap-on man (Brian) stopped by the shop last night... I don't really buy alot of tools any more but I did manage to drop over 700 bucks on the truck. I got 18 pair of Snap-on socks. I give them out for Xmas. The BOSS and I only were Snap-on socks, the socks are some of the best.....Oh I didn't spend $700+ on just socks I got some other tools that I've been wanting..... but it doesn't take much to drop 7 bones on the tool truck...

OK gang, I'll check back in later..... Everyone start getting your Festivus groove on:P

MKP :-)

Image result for seinfeld festivus

• Like 6