Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Merry Christmas Eve guys. Looks like a windy Christmas in our metro area with snow in the mountains. I've never dreamed of a windy Christmas.

Getting ready for the Mob tomorrow but not a big deal. Still gotta wrap presents for Better Half Unit and help with grocery shopping.

Be safe and take 'er easy.

Chuck

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Marvel said:

Just finished my first week back at work since I was booted last April. Making only slightly less than the previous job and the environment is great. Doing IT/desktop support where my wife also works, a facility that works with developmentally disabled folks. We're about 70% linux and the rest is Windows. At 67, I am ok with it.

Awesome news! It's the best time of the year for something positive to happen.....congrats.

2 hours ago, Tigerman said:

Good morning friends...............:emotion-44:

Chuck, that scene looks very inviting ^_^   Enjoy!

Meanwhile, the big breakfast is cookin' up here, two different omelets on two different ranges, two ovens going for sausages, bacon and then the Crispy Crowns too !    OJ spiked with something....  I will get a photo here shortly...

Thanks Gary....now I'm hungry:D What's a Crispy Crown?

.....oh, and it just started snowing a little, and now ICED rain !!  :o

Enjoy that. Christmas just seems better when there'e the white stuff on the ground....snow or ice!

Current kitchen scene here...................start with half a glass of the bubbly....IMG_1829.jpg   .....add the OJ......IMG_1830.jpg

You redeemed yourself! That looks spectacular.

1 hour ago, Pete H said:

Just tasted the experimental batch of apple pie that I cooked up yesterday after making up a bunch of regular.  It's kick *** and I have a new recipe, now I need to come up with a new name.:huh:

Apple Pie resized.jpg

Now I'm really hungry! Sounds great.

17 minutes ago, ChuckAb3 said:

Merry Christmas Eve guys. Looks like a windy Christmas in our metro area with snow in the mountains. I've never dreamed of a windy Christmas.

Getting ready for the Mob tomorrow but not a big deal. Still gotta wrap presents for Better Half Unit and help with grocery shopping.

Be safe and take 'er easy.

Chuck

We meet tonight, 55 in my immediate family, great time. We will have a brown Christmas.....55 and rain.

• Like 5

71 degrees here.  Got on the roof to blow leaves and pine straw off in shorts and a tee shirt.  Got hot. Did the patio, walks, drive way, and road while I was at it.

LF called.....going for a walk.

Carolina Panthers at 1:00.

Maybe a ride in the bubble.

Welcome back and congrats to Bruce!

Had 18 for lunch at LF's house Thursday.  Just LF, Jake, and me tomorrow.

Hope you guys have already mailed my presents.  Getting a little anxious as none have arrived yet:P

Enjoyed the photos Gary! 

How's the finger Bill?

• Like 7

Here is a view of my breakfast plate...........   ChuckB3, the Crispy Crowns are from the same people that make Tater Tots...   These DO taste different from the Tots however....     Here is photo from a little while ago... 

Enjoy the day everyone..............my Christmas Card photo will be coming along later...   A picture of our tree all lighted with candles :DIMG_1831.jpg

....more later...........

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

71 degrees here.  Got on the roof to blow leaves and pine straw off in shorts and a tee shirt.  Got hot. Did the patio, walks, drive way, and road while I was at it.

LF called.....going for a walk.

Carolina Panthers at 1:00.

Maybe a ride in the bubble.

Welcome back and congrats to Bruce!

Had 18 for lunch at LF's house Thursday.  Just LF, Jake, and me tomorrow.

Hope you guys have already mailed my presents.  Getting a little anxious as none have arrived yet:P

Enjoyed the photos Gary! 

How's the finger Bill?

Chuck, the finger is getting better, thanks. Thursday I went to Ortho Dr, his nurse had to cut the skin to get to the stitches, wasn't fun. He said it looks good, expect some "deadness" because I severed a nerve. An operation to splice that nerve back is iffy because it's so close to the end of it's length, I chose not to operate.

I have to keep it splinted and wrapped for 2-3 more weeks.

I did manage to build my Wife's barn door for a closet. I used inexpensive pine, distressed it, then stained it with a mix of 75% dark walnut/25% red mahogany blend. I did one coat of clear satin poly. I wanted to try to get a gray weathered wood look, but my experiments with different colored stains didn't turn out well. I still have to fills some holes and paint the trim....here's a pic.Barn door.jpg

• Like 8

Bill I saw a guy on TV who made a solution to make new wood look weathered. I missed an ingredient though.  Metal shavings and apple cider vinegar....let marinade a day or so.....strain it and spray it on.  Looked great on his shed.  Wish I had caught the 3rd ingredient.

Brunch looks great Gary!

• Like 7

Thanks Ceptor (and Chuck).   That door project looks  GREAT!  Do you have a guide at the floor to keep it from swinging in or out while in motion ?  Good news on that finger too !

Actually, the links are vegetarian, the omelet is eggwhites...   So, it is pretty healthy eating, and contrary to what many a carnivore would think, the links are made with the same herbs/spices as the meat versions, so the taste is the same,  even the eggs one can't tell the difference.  So, it is a cholesterol free plate....   (not on statins, just watching what I eat long before the doctor has to ^_^)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Bill I saw a guy on TV who made a solution to make new wood look weathered. I missed an ingredient though.  Metal shavings and apple cider vinegar....let marinade a day or so.....strain it and spray it on.  Looked great on his shed.  Wish I had caught the 3rd ingredient.

Some use steel wool, vinegar, and tea.

• Like 3