Youthman's First Heritage Speakers...the LaScalas

Youthman

If we raise the LaScalas up so that the horn is midscreen will it really hurt the sound?

Having the vocals come from the center of the screen seems to make sense. I expect the dispersion on those horns is more than sufficient that raising them another foot or more probably will not mater much.

Since I have never heard the LaScalas I am hypothesizing. Someone with some first hand experience should chime in.

Here is a test. Sit down and listen, then stand up and listen.

If you can't tell a difference then we should be able to move them up.

• Moderators

Billy arrived with the Lascala and surprisingly, it is VERY similar in color to the other pair. :D It is about a 1/2 shade lighter.

He knows what 3 LaScalas sound like so I didn't want to take up his time hooking them up so we hung out in the living room so he could hear the DeanG RF-7ii vs the RF-83. I'll let Billy share what he heard as I don't want to put any words in his mouth.

Billy is a super guy and am blessed to have had the opportunity to meet yet another forum brother.

Here is my LaScala Trio.

Klipsch-LaScala-Home-Theater1.jpg

Klipsch-LaScala-Home-Theater2.jpg

• Like 1

Nice, Youth! Looks amazing even before the AT screen to come.

What about porting the three La Scalas? Would raise them just a bit and get a little more bass out of for the HT.

Then get four Heresys and you will have 7.1!

• Like 2

With those risers in there you are really limiting going much bigger on subs. I know you love that rsw-15 but you and I both know one day your gonna try something bigger.

He might be able to put a THSPUD on it's side where the sub is now...

Can't even see the color difference by the pictures, they must be pretty close.

Now its time to add a THT or 2, i don't think a Spud will play up to the frequency where the La Scala's start to roll off.

Great looking theater room. :emotion-21:

• Moderators
Can't even see the color difference by the pictures, they must be pretty close.

Very close. They didn't look like it in the original photos Billy sent because he used the flash on his camera which washed them out.

Now its time to add a THT or 2, i don't think a Spud will play up to the frequency where the La Scala's start to roll off.

I'm sure sometime down the road, I will build some type of DIY sub but for now, I have to tread easy cause my wife is seeing way too many speakers in the house. LOL

Great looking theater room.

Thank you kindly Jason.

Youth that looks awesome. Isn't it funny how you make one change and then a big ripple effect brings on 5 more changes.

Yeah, what's up with that? I seriously thought I was finished. Haha. So sorry to hear about your ordeal. Hoping it gets here before the weekend. Can't wait to read your review.

Looks great! Don't sweat the base response. You'll cross them to subs and never again question it.

Yeah, my comments regarding the lack of bass was comparing the LaScalas with the RF-83's with no sub turned on. When I added the RSW-15, the Lascalas sounded fantastic.

My wife and kids are headed to bed so I'm going to hook up the center LaScala tonight and get my son to help me bring the RF-83's into the HT and then I'll remove the RF-64 from the top of the cabinet and place it on top of the center LaScala to make it a fair comparison. I'm pretty sure I know which one's I am going to keep.

Once I drop my son off at school in the morning, I have about an hour before I have to get ready for work so I'll have some play time with my new toys.

• Like 1

• Moderators
What about porting the three La Scalas?

Not sure what you mean by this.

Then get four Heresys and you will have 7.1!

I have a 7.1 now. No room for Heresy's and I honestly don't feel it would be of any benefit with the length of my room.

NO excuse now, full speed ahead with the changes !

One step closer.

Just wait guys till he decides to try JubScalas out, next thing you know he'll be looking for the Jubilee bass bin.

Highly doubt that one.

Did Billy carry it in by himself :)

No but he sure seemed glad when I asked my son to help me bring it in.

How do they sound? Are they up to your expectations?

Got them hooked up but since wife and kids are in bed, will have to wait till tomorrow morning to crank them up.

• Moderators

Ain't that pretty.

It will be better when the speakers (either pair) are back a little more where they will end up.

At that range the LaScala's could part you hair with midrange and high freq. :ohmy:

• Moderators
It will be better when the speakers (either pair) are back a little more where they will end up.

I know. I was just telling willland tonight on the phone that the speakers are only about 5ft from my LP. 3' further away would be much better I'm sure.

At that range the LaScala's could part you hair with midrange and high freq.

We shall see. I will try some demo while sitting on the back row too to see how that sounds.