Youthman's First Heritage Speakers...the LaScalas

Youthman

Like holy crap guys, could you guys wait until some of us can read through all of this before you post again, I mean since I was on here during lunch I have 34 new emails from the is post I just don't have the kind of time in the day. :lol::P

• Like 1

Suggestions so far.... (all good btw)

New projector

New screen

Curtains

another scala for center

modify wall / get rid of wall

horn loaded sub

plus a few others...

Now let's talk about mixing the reference surrounds with the heritage.... :P

s-l-i-p-p-e-r-y slooopppeee.......

Welcome to my dilemma!!

Its this dam forum. To many good ideas and ways to upgrade. When i had the rf82 set up with a 52" tv i was pretty happy.

me too! i even had the mismatched rc-52 and thought it was JUST FINE!! and thought the rsw-10d was the best sub id ever heard. LOL now look at my subs. ridiculous

• Like 1

Like holy crap guys, could you guys wait until some of us can read through all of this before you post again, I mean since I was on here during lunch I have 34 new emails from the is post I just don't have the kind of time in the day. :lol::P

Lol I left Charleston at 7:30 am and am just getting settlted in my room in Carlisle PA and this thing grew like 5 pages!!!!!

Youth we'll get something worked out between us/Michael. There is a delivery possibility as I have a meeting in Clearwater mid May. I was going to drive my SS Convertible but could possibly drive my pickup. I have one of those Bakflip covers so I need to see if it will close with the speaker in there. I had to wait for stable weather and remove it to get the Palladiums home from Vero. Talk about 7 hours of nervous.......

Lol I left Charleston at 7:30 am and am just getting settlted in my room in Carlisle PA and this thing grew like 5 pages!!!!!

Youth we'll get something worked out between us/Michael. There is a delivery possibility as I have a meeting in Clearwater mid May. I was going to drive my SS Convertible but could possibly drive my pickup. I have one of those Bakflip covers so I need to see if it will close with the speaker in there. I had to wait for stable weather and remove it to get the Palladiums home from Vero. Talk about 7 hours of nervous.......

i

Those darn Palladiums are almost not worth the hassle! ;-)

• Like 1

• Moderators

Can you bring the Palladiums too? Would love to hear them in my room. :P I'm jealous bro. Post some pics when you can. Would love to see these beauties.

Ok, so I brought my son in the HT for a few demos. We watched Lindsey Sterling's "Shatter Me". We listened to the 83's first. I swapped cables and set the volume at the same dB and replayed the video with the LaScalas. At the end, I asked what he thought and he said they were "clearer". He said, "Honestly, I'm really surprised they sound better".

I told him let's check out a movie demo and he suggested The Book of Eli scene. After the A/B Comparison, he said the Lascalas had "more clarity" and he said, "they drew me in more....I dunno what it was about it.....the 83's sounded good, it's just the LaScalas seemed more exciting for some reason".

I have a buyer for the RF-83's and RC-64....he wanted to come first thing this morning and I told him I definitely wanted to take my time and make sure I was willing to part with the 83's. Honestly, there is no doubt in my mind that the LaScalas have more clarity, dialog is cleaner and highs are brighter but I'm still not 100% ready to sell the 83's.

I mentioned to the wife tonight about the possibility of keeping both and she asked, "Do you want more speakers so you can brag?" LOL. No, that's not the intent at all. I just can't bring myself to tell her I'm just addicted and need help. :o

Scrappy....is that a Selfie I see? :D

• Like 1

• Moderators

Billy, you and Michael sure aren't making it easy on me. LOL. If it does work out for delivery, of course I would be more than willing to send you some gas money. I'm headed to reply to your PM now.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Ok, here is the crazy thing....I don't use the HT every single week so if it was out of commission for a bit, I'm patient enough that I could be ok with it if I chose to have the XO's done. My son uses it more than I do to play games on the PS4.

• Like 1

• Moderators
After the A/B Comparison, he said the Lascalas had "more clarity" and he said, "they drew me in more....I dunno what it was about it.....the 83's sounded good, it's just the LaScalas seemed more exciting for some reason".

He was raised with good sound, he knows what to listen for.

You do realize he is set for life, he will never be happy with bad sound, he has been trained well and it will stick with him the rest of his life. (that's a good thing)

• Moderators
It's not like you have nothing to listen with, you could always slide over to the living room for music.

This is true.

He was raised with good sound, he knows what to listen for.

You do realize he is set for life, he will never be happy with bad sound, he has been trained well and it will stick with him the rest of his life. (that's a good thing)

Yes, my son has had Klipsch in his room since he was 11 yrs old. He started with CF-2's, then the RF-7's.

Thanks guys. Too bad my room wasn't just a few feet wider as the LaScalas prevent me from opening the bottom left and bottom right cabinet doors. They are pretty massive speakers and take up a lot of real estate.

Oh no, now you are going to be bragging like those Heritage guys, lol.

It's funny how when I first started the in the forums, how I would often say that to my eyes, that I did not care for the design of the "older" klipsch speakers because they look so "dated" and that I prefer the much more modern look of the Reference Series. While this is still somewhat true, my opinion has begun to change the closer I get to 40. LOL. I'm beginning to appreciate all Klipsch speakers, both current models as well as older generations.

It's an age thing. I'm 65 and until I heard Picky's HT system, I was only interested in Klipsch that was plywood with a tweeter from 600 Cecil St., Buchanan, MI.

Now that I've been exposed to Klipsch made this century, I realize there's much more to like than just Heitage.

Edited by DizRotus

• Moderators
It's an age thing. I'm 65 and until I heard Picky's HT system, I was only interested in Klipsch that was plywood with a tweeter from 600 Cecil St., Buchanan, MI. Now that I've been exposed to Klipsch made this century, I realize there's much more to like than just Heitage.

I think you are correct. I'm 38 and didn't grow up with my father or grandfather owning any speakers. Because of that, at 12, I saved up and bought my first Pioneer receiver and Technics speakers. I've always owned "modern" speakers so the Heritage always looked "dated" and "old school" to me. Well...my vision hasn't changed so they still look "dated" and "old school" but I now have an appreciation for the heritage line of speakers. Truth is, when the lights go out and the movie begins, you won't see the speakers anyways. :D

• Like 1