Recommended sub for LaScala Trios

Youthman

I used to have a copy of the THSPUDs but I can't find them anymore. I know if you call Danley they will say there are no plans available and no more kits. I do have the plans for the GJallahorn v2 if you are interested(they are free).

Edited by ellisr63

+1. A Cinema F-20 would work as well. Raising the La Scalas might actually sound better as well since it gets the tweeters up to ear level.

Yep. Horns and horns...the way to go. Get you down to 16 nicely and transparently..

Dave

• Moderators

Probably 80% movies / 20% Music.

WakeJunkie revised the sketchup I realize if I go with the DTS10, my false wall will be 4' from the front wall. That's almost 2' deeper than the curent false wall.

I thought my screen was 11' from my eyes but I just measured it and it is 10' so that would put the new screen 8'. Not sure I can do that, especially at 150".

I might have to consider a much smaller or at least one with a shorter depth than the DTS10.

• Like 1

Probably 80% movies / 20% Music.

WakeJunkie revised the sketchup I realize if I go with the DTS10, my false wall will be 4' from the front wall. That's almost 2' deeper than the curent false wall.

I thought my screen was 11' from my eyes but I just measured it and it is 10' so that would put the new screen 8'. Not sure I can do that, especially at 150".

I might have to consider a much smaller or at least one with a shorter depth than the DTS10.

You could make a stage and have the DTS-10 under the screen... Then you could have your screen 2' from the rear wall.

• Moderators
You could make a stage and have the DTS-10 under the screen... Then you could have your screen 2' from the rea

I'll check with Wake on that one. Might be an option. Just more work and with him living in Alabama, I can't expect him to come down for 2 weeks to help me build the false wall.

• Like 1

You could make a stage and have the DTS-10 under the screen... Then you could have your screen 2' from the rea

I'll check with Wake on that one. Might be an option. Just more work and with him living in Alabama, I can't expect him to come down for 2 weeks to help me build the false wall.

The stage would only have to be for the part that the subs stick out. I would think you could do the whole bit in a day.

• Moderators
Just more work and with him living in Alabama, I can't expect him to come down for 2 weeks to help me build the false wall.

:o

Two weeks, i'll come give wake a hand, in two weeks we cold knock out a wall and go 10' wider and go fishing the last few days :)

• Like 2

Just more work and with him living in Alabama, I can't expect him to come down for 2 weeks to help me build the false wall.

Two weeks, i'll come give wake a hand, in two weeks we cold knock out a wall and go 10' wider and go fishing the last few days :)

Dtel, that's a great idea! You could drive to Wake's and ride down together. I'll supply the YooHoo's, comfy theater chairs to sleep in and plenty of tunes while we work. :D

Come on, lets hammer this thing out. haha

It will take a few weeks to build, but not all onsite. I will build most of it after work when I can get time to do it. I plan to deliver a kit that we can install without spending to much time on it so we can spend the rest of the time enjoying it.

• Like 3

Dtel, that's a great idea! You could drive to Wake's and ride down together. I'll supply the YooHoo's, comfy theater chairs to sleep in and plenty of tunes while we work. :D

It will take a few weeks to build, but not all onsite. I will build most of it after work when I can get time to do it. I plan to deliver a kit that we can install without spending to much time on it so we can spend the rest of the time enjoying it.

I could use a friend like WakeJunkie. :)

• Like 1

I could use a friend like WakeJunkie. :)

Me too. :)