What do you do for a living?

Chad

I am a stay at home dad for my dog Jake.

I always wanted to be a gynecologist but dtel said I would do better just hanging out in bars :o

What does a dog have in common with a gynecologist???

They both have wet noses.

Edited by CECAA850
  • Like 3

• Moderators

Tarheal, we have a gynecologist here on the forum, he is from Texas and does not post much, but we talked alot at a Pilgrimage, from the stories you might want to stick to the bars. :emotion-21:

JL, not counting the last week :blink: it's been like most here, just a hobby being as close as possible to the subject, sort of a long term in depth study, sad part is I still have NO idea how the computer part of the system works.

To get back to the question, nothing , but many years of landscaping was the most fun, planting trees, designing/building gardens, ponds and waterfalls.

I was doing some IT work in a gynecologist office many years ago. I noticed one of the nurses frantically spraying deodorizer when this gawd-awful smell wafted through the front office. It was very foul! I watched the doctor and this poor lady come out of one of the exam rooms. The smell got worse as she passed and and most of the smell left when she left the office.

I felt sorry for both of them... It was obvious to me this guy earns his pay!

I'm a sales engineer and implementation manager for a colocation and hosted managed services provider. i'm thinking about a career shift in the next few years and starting towards nursing school in 2015.

wife is an in-home pediatric nurse for kids coming home out of NICU's with ongoing health issues, ventilators, etc.

Retired......... my career was developing, studying and applying the long term ventilator systems used for such applications as these infants. The portable ventilator used by Christopher Reeves and Stephen Hawkings was one of my projects. Did other biomed projects also.

• Like 1

Very impressive careers gents!

I am a stay at home dad for my dog Jake.

I always wanted to be a gynecologist but dtel said I would do better just hanging out in bars :o

A day late and dollar short on my joke

CEAA850 beat me to it

Edited by Max2
  • Like 1

I'm a Network Administrator for a school district and my wife is a Clinic Manager/Surgical Tech for a dermatology/skin cancer clinic. My first career was 18 years in home/car audio/video retail then 11 years as a Manufacturers Rep for multiple lines of home A/V including Sunfire, Onkyo, Integra, NAD, PSB, Elan Home Systems, Mitek (MTX, etc) and some others plus ar Audio including Rockford Fosgate, Lightning Audio, Q-Logic, Panasonic, and a few more. It's good to be out of that stress from before and all of the wild hours but I do miss the cool places I got to travel to. I really enjoy my hours now and having off a week for spring break, Thanksgiving and Christmas break.

I'm a History major in a doctorate program with second and tertiary majors in Art History and Political Science. I work as a researcher for my university for most of the 8 months I'm in class, but work for the Rock Island Arsenal in the summer in the base museum.

• Like 1

I am a masonry/concrete contractor. Yes, I work hard. I build mostly backyard outdoor projects and outdoor kitchens. I built this a few weeks ago….attachicon.gifphoto 17.jpg

hey now... what type mortar do you have to use if you are dealing with high heat like that so it does not crack longer term?

• Like 1

So far in this life I've made a living performing (guitar, dobro), TV news photographer, newspaper production work, to my current job of IT/ desktop support at a small, private college on top of Lookout Mountain GA (close to Rock City and Ruby Falls for all the tourists...)

My wife was a school teacher in the Philippines and China for 18 years before she came here to the States to be with me. Right now she is working at a residential home for disabled adults.

Bruce

where I work:

http://www.covenant.edu/news/08.06.14

• Like 3