Do you connect more with lyrics or sound?

Quiet_Hollow

Lyrics or sound?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you connect more with lyrics or sound?

• Moderators

Always the sound, after hearing a song for years I will sometimes catch a few words, it can sometimes change how I feel about that song, it's usually not what I thought it was about. :wacko:

Pandora (depending on the app) is good for reading the words, on some songs I read just to hear what the words actually are, and the history of the band is also almost always surprising.

I think the sound draws me in, then the lyrics grab hold of me.

Exactly; however, there have been occasions where the sound attracted me and the lyrics turned me away. i think that's not all that uncommon either, i've heard interviews with rock stars that said they would cringe at times during a song because they didn't like what his band mate was saying in the lyric.

• Like 1

Excuse me well I kiss this guy, but I think the sound trumps lyrics, but some lyrics can move me, excite me, involve me, invoke moods, memories and engage my brain.

Hmmm. Maybe I should change my vote but then I'd probably be thought of as a:

"dead skunk in the middle of the road..."

I've never heard sound ruin lyrics

This is what rap does, there are some rap songs that tell legit stories or can be poetic. Not just about crap, unfortunately there is a lot of the music that ruins a lot of it.

One of the reasons I wanted to vote for lyrics is that there are some poetic thing, or good stories being told in a song that I love. But like most of you there are songs I have a hard time knowing the lyrics to. I actually take the time a lot to look up lyrics to songs, especially if I think I can relate to them. I guess this is what it takes to be a fan of heavy metal, or rap. I love the sound of heavy metal, plus I can relate to a lot of the songs or not so much relate but understand. Kind of the same with a handful of rap songs, but I can't stand most. Then I guess it depends what I am doing, if I am working or dumping my brain trying to escape things for a min. Those things can be a deciding factor on what I listen to.

Excuse me well I kiss this guy,

My niece was listening to Lady Gaga so I came in and asked her what was wrong with Lady Gaga since she was singing “I don’t wanna think anymore, I hit my head kinda hard on the dance floor.” Just why would anyone want to hit their head hard on a dance floor? :emotion-14:

She let out the longest screech of NOOOOOOOOOOOOO that I have ever heard. She then proceeded to explain to me how the song was “I don’t wanna think anymore, I left my head and my heart on the dance floor” and I had it all wrong. :unsure2:

Edited by Fjd

I enjoy the sound of the lyrics. -Keith

+++

i listen to acapella for the music. - Big Stew Man

Now Bullwinkle, for something you'll really like. :D

The lyrics of this song are meaningful, and express the point of view of the software in a database.

Edited by wvu80

I love the sound of heavy metal,

Gotta love the metal, man…..Sometimes you just have to turn the radio all the way up and rip the knob off!

metal man.gif

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 1

I enjoy the sound of the lyrics. -Keith

+++

i listen to acapella for the music. - Big Stew Man

Now Bullwinkle, for something you'll really like. :D

The lyrics of this song are meaningful, and express the point of view of the software in a database.

that was beautiful, haunting, and scary ... all at the same time. Thanks.