Things from the past that are gone and you dont know why because they were great?

Max2

The full service gas stations with the air hoses running across the lot, dinging the bell when you drove over them, cardboard oil cans with the metal spout you had to poke through, manual cash registers, metal windshield wiper blade box.

"Free" air at all gas stations again would be nice. That way I could at least pretend that I'm sharing the road with cars that are actually as capable on the road as they are on paper.

As for now, and certainly by the looks of it while I'm driving (woefully deformed sidewalls and shredded rubber lying all over the place), I have to assume almost everyone around me is driving on flat or nearly flat tires.

under-inflated-tires-2.png

Edited by Quiet_Hollow
  • Like 3

"Free" air at all gas stations again would be nice. That way I could at least pretend that I'm sharing the road with cars that are actually as capable on the road as they are on paper.

Well, don't like government meddling in business...but I think free air should be REQUIRED at service stations.  It's a public safety issue and these days a compressor is a lot cheaper than the big signs they use to lure you in.

Dave

• Like 3

You Guys are Living in the Past---MAN

So many things were better in the past, not necessarily material things, but many other that really count in life.....or maybe that's just the way each person views and values what is the norm during their childhood. Hmm....

• Like 3

The full service gas stations with the air hoses running across the lot, dinging the bell when you drove over them, cardboard oil cans with the metal spout you had to poke through, manual cash registers, metal windshield wiper blade box.

Quick story:

Roommate worked at 76 i worked at mobile across the street, Xmas day, we both had to work, both stations has xmas trees in the lobby, dan and i were filling xmas Bulbs with the grease guns and lobbing them at each other, we both knew we were going to be looking for a "New" job the next day , but hey, who the hell makes a kid work xmas? 

• Like 5

Quick story:

Roommate worked at 76 i worked at mobile across the street, Xmas day, we both had to work, both stations has xmas trees in the lobby, dan and i were filling xmas Bulbs with the grease guns and lobbing them at each other, we both knew we were going to be looking for a "New" job the next day , but hey, who the hell makes a kid work xmas? 

Just about every corporation in the USA.

• Like 1

Moon Pies

Still readily available.  Finding them in the same place with an RC is harder...though RC remains available in the big grocery stores.

Dave

Shoulda checked before blurbing. Sorry my bad. But .... its been forever since I had one :P

• Like 2

Cars with fins, phones with dials, drive in movies. My mom took us to a drive in one vacation in eastern Suffolk county, LI.

Cinerama. My great aunt (a wonderful person) took me to see Grand Prix in Cinerama in NYC. She left the theater saying she got seasick. This was a high tribute in my book. She also took me to see 2001 and that might have been Cinerama too. The music was very loud.

WMcD

• Like 6

Well, don't like government meddling in business...but I think free air should be REQUIRED at service stations.  It's a public safety issue and these days a compressor is a lot cheaper than the big signs they use to lure you in.

Dave

In Calif air in the stations is free from the machine, but you need to go inside the store and tell them to turn it on. (Law).

• Like 1