I try to keep an open mind, but there are times..........

tube fanatic

Tube Toppers are a combination of BlackDiscus and Magic Tube technologies, with a new twist or two. Tube Toppers are designed to sit on top of signal tubes like ECC83, ECC88, 12AX7, etc. Also larger tubes like EL84. Basically any tube with a pointy seal at the top. Not for use with larger power tubes like EL34, 845, KT66 etc

tt1small.jpg

As well as providing mass damping and some heatsink effect, the combination of technologies gives a startling effect. Bass becomes more soolid and tuneful; mids are more musical, with sweetly extended highs.

+++

Cut and Pasted from Maynard's Link  ^^^

+++

C'mon Maynard, you're the tube guru, you tell us!  

Do tubes need more mass, therefore better damping?  I sure don't know.

Likewise, the heat sink idea.  I know tubes need to be warmed up, but I've always had the notion that if a person could cool the tube, less energy would be siphoned off into heat, therefore there would be more power from the tube.

I await your complete and utter annihilation of my theory.   B) 

"for a few hours before they have their full effect."

Just long enough for psychological adaptation to any negative effect to take place ... then placebo effect is free to work, as is the effect of having spent good money for these things, so, naturally they are an improvement.

• Like 1

See the attached picture- my wife, having read through this thread, has decided to go into business.  I'm fairly bald and always wear a hat indoors during the winter because my head is always cold!  Applying that logic to tubes, her custom warmers (made out of proprietary combinations of exotic threads from Asia, including the silk of an almost extinct species of moth caterpillar) can be put in the microwave to heat them up, and placed on the tubes 10 minutes before a listening session to pre-warm them!  Isn't that clever?  Forum members will, of course, get a discount!!! :D

Maynard

post-40520-0-70740000-1446064512_thumb.j

• Like 3

Those are Sake cups!  You use the tubes as a Sake warmer.  Nothing beats some rice wine to give you "...a startling effect."

If I remember correctly it doesn't take many cups of that stuff to have the effect.

Finally a product I can really appreciate!

Hai Dozo !