70th Khorns & Heresy's.....Just Bad @ss!

McBlueMeter

AUSTRALIAN Walnut?!  That's pretty and all but what about some good 'ole walnut grown in the US?  Some of the best Black Walnut in the world is grown not all that far from Hope.  Better hurry though... the Chinese are buying it up like crazy.

It's a crazy world...  Americans buying Chinese wood, Chinese buying American wood.  The grass is always greener.  :)  

Reminds me of a comedian who did a skit based on seeing two logging trucks on the highway going the opposite directions.  Think about it.  

• Like 3

Not that I could afford them anyway, but I wonder why they didn't enclose the backs like I think they did on the 60th anniversary edition.

Sure look great.

The video from the show seems to me to show backs on the bass horn. The professional looking video shows no back but it may be an earlier version.

My conclusion is that there were no changes to the 70th Anniversary version as far as drivers or crossovers or Klipsch would have mentioned it.

WMcD

I am new to the forum and have k horns and cornwalls on opposite. I found a pair of vertical cornwalls I am tempted to buy from 1976. Does anyone have any experience with the vertical cornwalls.

Hello, and welcome.  You may want to re-post this in the 2 channel or Tech/Mods section.  This may not be the best thread to get visibility on your question.  Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

$1,200 additional for veneer?   :blink:  ...the Heresy is not a large speaker.

Can't just have a manufacturer make a special edition where only 70 pair will ever exist then expect them to only ask for the difference in the cost of a different veneer. :)

I for one am excited.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

Not that I could afford them anyway, but I wonder why they didn't enclose the backs like I think they did on the 60th anniversary edition.

Sure look great.

The video from the show seems to me to show backs on the bass horn. The professional looking video shows no back but it may be an earlier version.

My conclusion is that there were no changes to the 70th Anniversary version as far as drivers or crossovers or Klipsch would have mentioned it.

WMcD

From the video it appears they did.

I thought they or the heresy was supposed to be wireless?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

After the 50th Anniversary and 60th Anniversary models, I kind of find them a bit of a let down.

Kind of like Dixon zero turn radius lawn mowers and their Commercial mode zero turn radius lawn mowers..... without the badge, you wouldn't know the difference much :(

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

So….

• Heresy = $3,200, Ship mid April 
  • Khorns = $??,???, Ship ???…..anyone know yet?
Like pulling teeth trying to get info on these. My dealer knows nothing as well….

Thx

I know who to ask if somebody really wants to know.

• Like 2

$1,200 additional for veneer?   :blink:  ...the Heresy is not a large speaker.

Can't just have a manufacturer make a special edition where only 70 pair will ever exist then expect them to only ask for the difference in the cost of a different veneer. :)

I for one am excited.

what a  big ripoff. id order a normal pair have them reveneered in something ultra rare and have a one of a kind pair

Biggest thing I don't understand is why Heritage doesn't return to the original PWK pie logo.  It's by far the best.  People who love K'horns are of the "ho hum, another major breakthrough" mindset and the latest look is hardly an issue.

Dave