WELCOME BACK Groomlakearea51 as a moderator

dtel's wife

• Moderators

Many of you know that Groomlakearea51 was a moderator for quite a few years. He lost his moderator status when he was unable to log in for almost a year. Chad recently assisted him with his log in info and he has been back participating on the forum.

The moderating team pleaded his case with Chad and he has been reinstated with full moderating capabilities. We, including Chad are in full agreement that Groomlake is a valued, well respected member and will be a valuable asset to your moderating team.

We could not be happier!!!

Please join us in welcoming him back!

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 6

• Moderators

Approved but he must attend the 2016 gathering for re-initiation :)

Sadly he can not make it. His son is graduating from high school in May. As Groomlake said, "there's one goal and that's to keep 'em moving out the door"! He already knows he's on the hook for 2017!!!

• Moderators

Just in time for hurricane season ! 

I forgot all about that, he is like an early warning system considering he is sticking out in the Gulf pretty far. I would be watching very close also if it took that long of a ride just to get up to the rest of the coastline.

Speaking of hurricanes, a little bit of nostalgia.  When Marshall was changing out his vintage Sansui integrated amplifiers to vintage McIntosh, I bought one of his restored Sansui AU-11000 integrated amplifiers to go along with my Sansui TU-9900 tuner (modified by Radio X Tuners).

The AU-11000 is a beautiful piece of 1970s nostalgia, was dead quiet, gotta love the massive power supply in these old Sansui integrated amplifiers, headphone jack, features and knobs everywhere you look, and, of course, a MONO switch when it’s time to critically compare stuff.

Now, of course, his packing skills were so exemplary too, as I thought he had either packed the Sansui in order to withstand a hurricane or maybe he had mistakenly packed two integrated amplifiers, given how big and heavy of a box.

_ _ Sansui AU-11000 integrated amplifier.jpg

On a side note, I had always thought he left the forum when the old spam patrol uniforms were introduced. :wacko: 

spam patrol uniform.jpg

post-36163-0-33140000-1458878474_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 4