Has anyone here ordered brand new heritage speakers from Klipsch, what has your experience been?

AaronB123

to me, Walmart is all about the bottom line.  whatever saves them a buck or two.  based on my experiences at the local brick & mortar stores, they have ZERO concern for their customers, but that's a whole 'nother dissertation.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

My wife ordered a swing set online from Walmart.  Shipping info said it was on the way.  The delivery date came and went with no swing set which hacked us off as it was a birthday present for our grandchild.  We called and called and kept getting different answers and the run around.  Veins were popping out of my neck as I chewed one operator out and the next.  We finally talked to a supervisor who gave us 10% off the purchase and then re-ordered the swing set as they couldn't find out what their shipper had done with it.  The second swing set ended up like the first.  Tracking number through the shipper showed a delivery date and we never got it by that date.  E-mails and phone calls were useless in finding our swing set.  My blood pressure was up again.  Their incompetence was incredible.  I got ahold of another supervisor and he gave us a $50.00 gift card for our troubles and said that basically they've had issues with this shipper and can't even contact them.   WTF????  He said there's no use in reordering as we probably wouldn't get the third one either.  At least he was honest.  We ordered one from Home Depot and it promptly arrived.  We set it up and my grand son uses it daily.  End of story??? Not hardly.  Our gift card finally came and we got a full credit on our credit card for our purchase.  A month after we got the Home Depot swing set I get a call from Walmarts shipper wanting to know where to put the swing set.  I told them to leave it in the driveway and no one would be home to sign for it, which they did.  Unbelievable but that's not the end of the story.  3 weeks later I get another call like the first one.  We're delivering your swing set, where do you want it???  They delivered that one too.  Now we have two of them are sitting in my sons garage.  It's been 3 months and we've gotten no call looking for their missing swing sets.  They're still in the boxes.

This reminds me of the time we got a free TV from Target. My wife ordered a couch at Target.com and payed through paypal. Anyway, the color was different so we packed it in a box and drive it to the store getting a flat on the way which was a total PITA. I then took the huge box out and dragged it into Target and the guy actually told us that Target.com was a different company than Target and we had to ship it back to them which is ridiculous. So we had to drag the huge box back across the parking lot and load it into the car with the hatch barely tied closed and bring it back to our house.

My wife then called Target.com and they said we had to submit the refund through PayPal which we did but it did not go through so we called again and someone else said they would handle it if we accepted a Target gift card. A few days later the truck came and picked up the couch and 2 days after that Paypal also gave us a refund so we pretty much got double refunded for the couch. About a week later nobody said anything from Target and I was still pissed about dragging the d*** box around town. So we finally decided we needed a new TV anyway so I just drove to the same Target with the gift card and picked out a 55'' TV and even made the kid load it and bring it to the car for good measure. :lol:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tasdom said:

Wow, one thing after another. Sorry to see you go thru this ordeal.

Maybe you should have ordered the 71st limited edition to get them sooner?  .....kidding of course but when life hands you lemons...  :emotion-22:

Lol ya honestly I'm starting to think I would have been better off just driving to Spokane Washington from CT to pick the speakers up from onecall myself. I have everyone on the case though, I called onecall and the guy I spoke to was furious about what had happened and said he is going to call them and demand answers. I also called the head of ABF Frieght and told them what was going on along with calling every ABF Frieght location within a 1000 mile radius. 

After reading the reviews of this company though it does make me very nervous. 1 1/2 stars out of 5 out of 23 reviews on yelp. People say they are notorious for losing packages. As soon as I hear they have the speaker at the local ABF i'm going to just drive down there and pick it up myself I've had enough of this. 

Regarding the original issue with not knowing what was going on for two weeks, I made an order from Hope earlier and got a notice saying something was backordered.  Tried to call to get details, no answer.  Immediately sent an email, literally had an answer within two minutes and it was cleared up.  That's pretty much the norm, just a non-issue.  The girls that handle this are pros.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Regarding the original issue with not knowing what was going on for two weeks, I made an order from Hope earlier and got a notice saying something was backordered.  Tried to call to get details, no answer.  Immediately sent an email, literally had an answer within two minutes and it was cleared up.  That's pretty much the norm, just a non-issue.  The girls that handle this are pros.  

Ya, that sounds about right. I pretty much had to cancel the order from Klipsch myself. Honestly seemed like that guy just wanted to waste time and have them ship out to me so I would be stuck with them. 

5 hours ago, AaronB123 said:

Lol ya honestly I'm starting to think I would have been better off just driving to Spokane Washington from CT to pick the speakers up from onecall myself. I have everyone on the case though, I called onecall and the guy I spoke to was furious about what had happened and said he is going to call them and demand answers. I also called the head of ABF Frieght and told them what was going on along with calling every ABF Frieght location within a 1000 mile radius. 

After reading the reviews of this company though it does make me very nervous. 1 1/2 stars out of 5 out of 23 reviews on yelp. People say they are notorious for losing packages. As soon as I hear they have the speaker at the local ABF i'm going to just drive down there and pick it up myself I've had enough of this. 

Sorry to hear that you're having more trouble. It seems the weakest link in the chain this time is the shipper onecall chose to use. Murphy's Law says that anything shipped around Xmas is either dropped or lost. Let us know when you've finally got them? Hopefully the wait will be worth it as these look and sound great. 

• Like 1

Ya, you know now they are starting to get a little attitude when I call them and now the status of my shipment says delivered when only half of it was delivered. It just so happens that I have a lawyer currently that we are working with. As some of you may know I mentioned in another thread how my father was recently killed in an accident so we have a lawyer handling his estate as well as a possible lawsuit for the wrongful death accident. 

Do you guys think I should threaten legal action over this crap? I feel like telling them that I am going to contact my attorney regarding this whole situation. 

29 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

Sorry to hear that you're having more trouble. It seems the weakest link in the chain this time is the shipper onecall chose to use. Murphy's Law says that anything shipped around Xmas is either dropped or lost. Let us know when you've finally got them? Hopefully the wait will be worth it as these look and sound great. 

Ya, I mean I can definitely understand losing a package or a letter but I really can't understand how someone loses a 500lb shipment I mean this thing when it's on the pallet is pretty much the size of a refrigerator. Shockingly enough it's actually taller than the full size dresser I have in my room. I cannot understand how someone can lose something that big. 

2 minutes ago, AaronB123 said:

Ya, I mean I can definitely understand losing a package or a letter but I really can't understand how someone loses a 500lb shipment I mean this thing when it's on the pallet is pretty much the size of a refrigerator. Shockingly enough it's actually taller than the full size dresser I have in my room. I cannot understand how someone can lose something that big. 

Think back to the opening scene of this movie and you'll have you answer wrt how much care your packages receive in transit:

• Like 1

Sorry Aaron, I hope it gets tracked down. The way I got mine ,,,,I saw add was close drove over there. 1972 models that had been painted with house paint even got it on the grill..lol. Must have been painted by a kid with a roller. So price was good and I was up to the task to rebuild them . Now they look awesome and I have the pride and experience in knowing how to help others fix theirs. 8015700-R1-005-1.jpg7613390-R1-011-4.jpg7613390-R1-017-7.jpgIMG_0039.JPG

4 hours ago, ricktate said:

Sorry Aaron, I hope it gets tracked down. The way I got mine ,,,,I saw add was close drove over there. 1972 models that had been painted with house paint even got it on the grill..lol. Must have been painted by a kid with a roller. So price was good and I was up to the task to rebuild them . Now they look awesome and I have the pride and experience in knowing how to help others fix theirs. 8015700-R1-005-1.jpg7613390-R1-011-4.jpg7613390-R1-017-7.jpgIMG_0039.JPG

Wow you did an amazing job! 

• Like 1