Has anyone here ordered brand new heritage speakers from Klipsch, what has your experience been?

AaronB123

Just now, Ceptorman said:

Do you know if these 2 speakers have consecutive serial numbers? That means a lot to some people. Hope they get this straightened out for you soon....has to be frustrating.

I believe so, the box of the one that I got says to be matched with " so and so" and the guy at onecall said they are from a matching pair. This is why when I asked him what can be done about it if I can't find the other shipment he said well first of all it's part of a matching pair and second of all that's the last pair we had. 

6 hours ago, -js- said:

I wrote this out, and am now having 2nd thoughts, asking 'should I hit post on this?'  

and another thing.  @Chad - from my POV, it looks to me like KGI could be taking a real beating on this.  I think KGI has the benefit of the forum faithful in that we respect & love the products so much that we will endure many things.  but Chad, I hope you see my point that through no direct fault of KGI, this whole ordeal stinks to high heavens.  that's all I'm trying to say, and that hopefully KGI can do everything possible to prevent things like this from occurring on a regular basis.

for me - I don't have much $ invested in my system now, and probably can't afford to really do much as soon as I would like to.  but after reading about AaronB123's ordeal, I gotta tell ya - it would give me pause to order new, lest I have a similar experience?  um, no thanks.

also for me personally - I have no fault with KGI on this but hope there might be something that can be done to manage - what's it called, supply chain? - from end to end to a standard where customers don't have to endure such experiences.  /rant over (for now)  ;)

You shouldn't have hit the post button. If you can explain how every manufacturer can manage the "supply chain" once a product leaves and is delivered to the retailer. I would like to know. I don't see your POV. Yes, the situation is and has been a mess.

I had UPS deliver 11K (wholesale) worth of Cobra golf clubs years ago. The driver just dropped them off the truck and left them on the doorstep. Everyone knows what I do so when 3 large boxes show up on the doorstep in the middle of winter, they also disappear. Maybe the driver dropped them at a friends house and said he delivered them, maybe a neighbor sold them, IDK. Cobra reshipped the gear and UPS ate the bill. Was Cobra responsible for the lost shipment? I think the blame lies with the shipping company, maybe the manufacturer needs to be more selective in the companies they deal with. So UPS should be considered a less than reliable company?

I feel bad for Aaron about the whole situation, it's been a trainwreck, but to put it on Klipsch is a little bit much IMO

Mark

10 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

You shouldn't have hit the post button. If you can explain how every manufacturer can manage the "supply chain" once a product leaves and is delivered to the retailer. I would like to know. I don't see your POV. Yes, the situation is and has been a mess.

I had UPS deliver 11K (wholesale) worth of Cobra golf clubs years ago. The driver just dropped them off the truck and left them on the doorstep. Everyone knows what I do so when 3 large boxes show up on the doorstep in the middle of winter, they also disappear. Maybe the driver dropped them at a friends house and said he delivered them, maybe a neighbor sold them, IDK. Cobra reshipped the gear and UPS ate the bill. Was Cobra responsible for the lost shipment? I think the blame lies with the shipping company, maybe the manufacturer needs to be more selective in the companies they deal with. So UPS should be considered a less than reliable company?

I feel bad for Aaron about the whole situation, it's been a trainwreck, but to put it on Klipsch is a little bit much IMO

Mark

NEIN!!!

PERFECTION! ALWAYS! NO MISTAKES! NO EXCUSES! ffs people..

22 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

It's actually ridiculous to blame Klipsch for this mess....Do you blame Pioneer/Marantz/Sansui when Fedex screws up your delivery?  No.

Yes, this is a shiity situation to say the least but this time around the speakers were not purchased through Klipsch directly and last time the check bounced. If I had to guess I'd bet that had you purchased these directly through Klipsch yourself this thread would only be a few pages long and full of pictures and rave reviews. I understand bargain shopping and not paying full retail but with deep discounts usually comes risks such as this. Usually these situations turn out fine but occasionally, well, here we are. Sorry man, I just hope things work out for you sooner than later.

• Like 2

Lest there be no confusing my post I wasn't blaming Klipsch rather alerting them to the fact that retail customers are having these type issues.  It's not their fault but reflects badly when their retailers don't take care of the end user.  They were authorized dealers correct?

Let me just jump in and say for this situation in specific I do not blame Klipsch at all. How could it be there fault? I don't even blame Onecall It's fully 100% ABF Freight. The first time with the speakers I bought through them was mainly the dealers fault but I do wish communication was a little better. When I called them, it seemed like everyone I talked to had a different answer as to what was going on. I know they seemed incredibly busy too though because they had a huge sale going on and when I'd call I would experience a huge wait which is definitely not normal in my experience. Not only that but several times they would tell me they will call me back after they got to the bottom of the situation and not once did anyone ever do that. 

The one person that really came through for me and got everything settled was actually a member of this forum. @Chief bonehead was the one that actually PM'd me and asked if there was anything they could do, looked into it and told me exactly what was going on so huge shout out to them for that! 

All that being said, it was also a dealers deal so me being a non dealer I was not really privileged to the information as much as the dealer was and many times Klipsch told me to contact the dealer because it was something on their end holding things up so I do believe if I had ordered directly through them, or a better dealer things would have gone MUCH smoother.  

So these 2 pallets with combined worth of 16,000 retail only got 1 tracking number and all the labels were put on 1 pallet. OMG I don't know who is at fault here but the guy you bought them from should have made sure they each had a label. He should have taken pictures of them before shipping. I bet there is security video of the dock they were first at .

Does ABF  tell you they cant find it cause no labels were on it ?  This starting make me mad also Aaron. I cant believe this shipping company is this stupid. I was involved in preparing pallets for shipping and rule 1 every pallet has to have paper work or the driver would not let it on the truck.

So now the seller is the one who paid for the shipment he has the power I think ??? He has to get involved in this big time.

Since this is Friday take pictures of the boxes so ABF knows what they are looking for. It would be nice if they had a pic of the whole pallet or pallets to see they were 2 pallets.

I hope this works out for you and sorry to hear all this happened to you again. I see why your upset and I would be also. Keep calling the squeaky wheel gets the grease usually.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ricktate said:

So these 2 pallets with combined worth of 16,000 retail only got 1 tracking number and all the labels were put on 1 pallet. OMG I don't know who is at fault here but the guy you bought them from should have made sure they each had a label. He should have taken pictures of them before shipping. I bet there is security video of the dock they were first at .

Does ABF  tell you they cant find it cause no labels were on it ?  This starting make me mad also Aaron. I cant believe this shipping company is this stupid. I was involved in preparing pallets for shipping and rule 1 every pallet has to have paper work or the driver would not let it on the truck.

So now the seller is the one who paid for the shipment he has the power I think ??? He has to get involved in this big time.

Since this is Friday take pictures of the boxes so ABF knows what they are looking for. It would be nice if they had a pic of the whole pallet or pallets to see they were 2 pallets.

I hope this works out for you and sorry to hear all this happened to you again. I see why your upset and I would be also. Keep calling the squeaky wheel gets the grease usually.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease is right! That's why I call every day. I call, I email and Oh ya I got onecall involved too and yes I did send them pictures of the box to show them what it will look like when they find it. 

I know, this is the whole thing that is getting me mad too, how they can be this stupid! Like you said 2 pallets with a combined worth of 16,000 dollars and they go and lose one. I can't imagine how the post office (who I used to think was bad but boy I've seen it all now) manages to keep millions of little tiny letters organized and going to the right place but this shipping company loses a pallet with a 200LB speaker on it! You've gotta be half dead honestly. I don't know how they manage to make it through every day life with that level of intelligence. 

I really don't think they are ever going to find it. They have already said maybe you should just have onecall send a replacement and file a claim with us which as I said isn't going to work because according to them they don't have any more in stock and it looks like they are getting more and more scarce. I think Klipsch.com is sold out of them too because when you look at them it no longer gives the price or the option to add to cart. 

7 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

The difference between the post office in the US and for profit couriers is Postal Inspectors carry a firearm and screwing with the mail has real consequences.

Unless this single Khorn has been stolen it has to be somewhere either on a truck or in a warehouse.

Ya, I am begining to wonder if perhaps it may have gotten stolen but I would think if someone stole it they would steal both. I am pretty sure I know as well as what the driver said probably happened. Some idiot read the invoice and saw it said 2 pieces and the way there are 2 boxes on the pallet, the bass horn and then the top part of the speaker they thought that was it and just grabbed one pallet.