What I Got Today!

Brac

May I ask what your purpose is and if you had a chance to hook it up and use it. I was looking at this to stream HDHomerun, and Sling TV, I had also read you can do DLNA, Lossless playback, etc..and don't forget the games.

That is exactly my intention... I cut the cable a month or two ago and have wanted to do the streaming repository thing since. It comes with kodi and I will emerse myself in how to "enhance" and features after I get it. As far as gaming goes, I think the emulators are available so I should be good there for what I want... old school gaming.

Its by far the most advanced system.

We'll see, the only thing it doesn't do is amazon prime, but hopefully they can come to an agreement for usage sometime soon... if not, no big deal.

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

This beauty is so quiet, and runs so cool, you don't even know it's on...and although it sounds awesome, one of the drawbacks is that you don't know that it's on....no lights, no on/off switch...it comes on when you plug it in...strange but true.  I had to read the owners manual about 3 times to make sure I wasn't missing something....Super clean, super nice...I'm happy with my first Mac piece....

post-12530-0-96900000-1447343278_thumb.j

post-12530-0-38660000-1447343291_thumb.j

post-12530-0-35660000-1447343300_thumb.j

• Like 3

This beauty is so quiet, and runs so cool, you don't even know it's on...and although it sounds awesome, one of the drawbacks is that you don't know that it's on....no lights, no on/off switch...it comes on when you plug it in...strange but true.  I had to read the owners manual about 3 times to make sure I wasn't missing something....Super clean, super nice...I'm happy with my first Mac piece....

attachicon.gifIMG_2268 (Large).JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2269 (Large).JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2270 (Large).JPG

exactly how my MC2100 is, I have the MC2505 which is the one you have with the blue meters and on and off switch.  Both are great amps, I purchased my 2505 to compare it to Emotiva UPA-5, the UPA-5 was sold a week later.

• Like 1

May I ask what your purpose is and if you had a chance to hook it up and use it. I was looking at this to stream HDHomerun, and Sling TV, I had also read you can do DLNA, Lossless playback, etc..and don't forget the games.

That is exactly my intention... I cut the cable a month or two ago and have wanted to do the streaming repository thing since. It comes with kodi and I will emerse myself in how to "enhance" and features after I get it. As far as gaming goes, I think the emulators are available so I should be good there for what I want... old school gaming.

Its by far the most advanced system.

We'll see, the only thing it doesn't do is amazon prime, but hopefully they can come to an agreement for usage sometime soon... if not, no big deal.

That's what I am doing, I just can't cut cable until I have something with AMC up and running.  I won't be saving a whole lot, but I will be able to redirect the funds I will be saving towards better internet.  With sling tv, I will get less channels, but more channels I actually watch, such as ESPN.   A HD antenna gets me my local channels,  hence why I want the HDHomerun.

That's what I am doing, I just can't cut cable until I have something with AMC up and running. I won't be saving a whole lot, but I will be able to redirect the funds I will be saving towards better internet. With sling tv, I will get less channels, but more channels I actually watch, such as ESPN.

I'd be careful, I don't trust how those things work, so do your research.  The ESPN apps have changed into ESPN and WATCH ESPN.  Those features used to be integrated. 

Now the ESPN app gives you sports scores/standings and some articles, but no live feeds such as SportsCenter.  The WATCH ESPN app gives you SC and some other live events, BUT IT IS TIED TO MY CABLE PROVIDER.  Before I can access WATCH ESPN I have to provide my Suddenlink account number.  If I ditch the cable TV, I lose the ability to see ESPN shows live.

A HD antenna gets me my local channels, hence why I want the HDHomerun. [/quote

I didn't think there was an HD antenna, only VHF and UHF but in doing some research it does seem as if there really is an HD antenna.  I think it gives you the ability to catch the (.1) channels, such as 100.3, 100.5, etc.  I'm still behind the times on this, so again, do your research.  Maybe someone else can enlighten us all.

...That's where an HDTV antenna comes in handy. HDTV digital antennas provide a downright cheap way to watch local TV channels; once you buy an antenna and acquire a signal, you get your local channels without any monthly fees. You will also get access to local sub-channels you can only find with an HDTV antenna. These channels feature alternate programming from network affiliates, increasing the number of shows you can watch.

Edited by wvu80

That's what I am doing, I just can't cut cable until I have something with AMC up and running. I won't be saving a whole lot, but I will be able to redirect the funds I will be saving towards better internet. With sling tv, I will get less channels, but more channels I actually watch, such as ESPN.

I'd be careful, I don't trust how those things work, so do your research.  The ESPN apps have changed into ESPN and WATCH ESPN.  Those features used to be integrated. 

Now the ESPN app gives you sports scores/standings and some articles, but no live feeds such as SportsCenter.  The WATCH ESPN app gives you SC and some other live events, BUT IT IS TIED TO MY CABLE PROVIDER.  Before I can access WATCH ESPN I have to provide my Suddenlink account number.  If I ditch the cable TV, I lose the ability to see ESPN shows live.

I didn't think there was an HD antenna, only VHF and UHF but in doing some research it does seem as if there really is an HD antenna.  I think it gives you the ability to catch the (.1) channels, such as 100.3, 100.5, etc.  I'm still behind the times on this, so again, do your research.  Maybe someone else can enlighten us all.

...That's where an HDTV antenna comes in handy. HDTV digital antennas provide a downright cheap way to watch local TV channels; once you buy an antenna and acquire a signal, you get your local channels without any monthly fees. You will also get access to local sub-channels you can only find with an HDTV antenna. These channels feature alternate programming from network affiliates, increasing the number of shows you can watch.

A quick bit from someone who has been building antennas for 50+ years.

You put up a bent coat hanger, auto-program TV, The TV locks in on everything it recives, if the TV station is broadcasting HD, you are getting HD.

Nuf said?

P.S.

All Current Channels are UHF, Buy a decent UHF Ant and install it, you will not be sorry.

Do it once, do it right.

This is a pic of the one iv been running for 8 years.

post-57941-0-78380000-1447348454_thumb.j

• Like 1

Maybe not actually called an HD antenna, but I get over 20 channels including abc, cbs, fox, and some others.  With the proper antenna in the proper place I could receive up to over 40 channels.  Yes this includes the .1 .2 .3 and so fort.  But again, I watch Fox, AMC, BTN, and ESPN, my wife does watch The Muppets but that's about it.

As far as the ESPN thing, the last fellow I talked to who uses Sling television claimed he watched live ESPN such as football games and what not.  This was about 3 weeks ago, maybe it has changed since.  I will look into it, but Sling television offers a sports package with the SEC channel and will soon be adding BTN.  Rather this be true or not, I will still receive AMC.

• Like 1

A decent pair of K-55-M squawker drivers to replace the Selenium drivers currently in my Heresys.

K-55-M_zpskppqqlra.jpg

Did you make the switch? How would you rate the upgrade? Plus which Seleniums were you replacing? I have used the D250 and liked it but main factor in the purchase was the price ($37 each).  Never did an A/B test vs the K-55M's though.

• Like 1

Maybe not actually called an HD antenna, but I get over 20 channels including abc, cbs, fox, and some others.  With the proper antenna in the proper place I could receive up to over 40 channels.  Yes this includes the .1 .2 .3 and so fort.  But again, I watch Fox, AMC, BTN, and ESPN, my wife does watch The Muppets but that's about it.

As far as the ESPN thing, the last fellow I talked to who uses Sling television claimed he watched live ESPN such as football games and what not.  This was about 3 weeks ago, maybe it has changed since.  I will look into it, but Sling television offers a sports package with the SEC channel and will soon be adding BTN.  Rather this be true or not, I will still receive AMC.

One FINAL statement on the HD Antenna BS, there is NO SUCH THING, snake oil sales!

UHF is where ALL signals are transmitted, so that simply means get a UHF antenna, Big.badazz i prefer, and i get all the .1 .2 .3.

I see this crap on TV everyday, wish people knew better, hell all the POS is, is a coat hanger inside a fancy piece of plastic.

And yes, it will work, but NOTHING compared to a roof/attic mount bad bay.  Do it once, Do it right. you will thank me for the wisdom.

P.S. if i spoke spanish id could count another 22 channels!

• Like 1

I have about 10 vacation days left......... Taking them at the end of the year..... Have been looking for a project. I picked these Quartets up Saturday locally. Pulled the drivers. They are mint..... Going to strip and refinish cabinets. Should keep me out of trouble...... For a while...... Maybe

G.E.M.

post-36197-0-00000000-1447631988_thumb.j

post-36197-0-36880000-1447632011_thumb.j

post-36197-0-94680000-1447632030_thumb.j

Edited by oldred
  • Like 2

Nice score likesitloud! Welcome to the forum!

Hi, this my first post. I just bought my first set of Klipsch speakers, I found a pair of older klf30,a pair of bookshelf speakers, a kg2.2 .

an academy center speakers, an a sw15 subwoofer all for $30.00.  All the cones an speakers look new.

• Like 2

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!