I'm a Believer! (another cable story)

kevinmi

I've read others comment on the jumpers.  Probably real because of an inferior jumper.

Yeah, and I figured what the heck.....might as well try it since virtually everything else I changed from original was a positive improvement. There is no doubt about that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, bkevind said:

If the air is more dense/higher pressure like at sea level, it seems to me sound reproduction would be somewhat effected vs. high altitude thinner air.  Would it be audible to the human ear?  I dunno.  That's kind of hard to A/B test :D

Maybe one of those altitude chambers that athletes train in...

Well, Isn't a speaker an air pump of sorts?

It moves air to make sound so why wouldn't atmospheric pressure make a difference?

If the air is thinner at high elevations, it could very well affect how a speaker performs.

We know in lower lands where the air is more dense we get Thicker Bass.

In Denver you get more air in the highs due to thin air and second hand smoke

from blunts being smoked.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, mark1101 said:

I always liked outdoor concerts when it got dark.  Different sound when dark.

Probably didn't change the cables.  ;)

I was actually serious about my opinion that outdoor concerts sound better once it gets dark.  Experienced this many times.  Maybe not actually better and just different, but perceived as better, because of this situation.  See link.

http://www.hk-phy.org/iq/sound_night/sound_night_e.html

6 minutes ago, mark1101 said:

I was actually serious about my opinion that outdoor concerts sound better once it gets dark.  Experienced this many times.  Maybe not actually better and just different, but perceived as better, because of this situation.  See link.

http://www.hk-phy.org/iq/sound_night/sound_night_e.html

Well maybe higher humidity, lower temperatures, a bit more alcohol.

JJK

OK; think I will be "killed" for this one ... just moved some speakers around (as I "put in" my new KPT-904's :) ) and one speaker wire was short. Found an old spool of 14/2 speaker wire in my garage ... looked a little "green" due to oxidation :(  splice it in and hooked it up. Awesome sound :) 

Cheers, Emile

6 minutes ago, Emile said:

OK; think I will be "killed" for this one ... just moved some speakers around (as I "put in" my new KPT-904's :) ) and one speaker wire was short. Found an old spool of 14/2 speaker wire in my garage ... looked a little "green" due to oxidation :(  splice it in and hooked it up. Awesome sound :) 

Cheers, Emile

Just asking for trouble.

George

• Like 1

A true story from several years ago:

I bought a Monster powerstrip to protect my Bryston amp from power surges.  I pulled the plug of the Bryston amp from the wall, plugged it into the Monster strip and listened.  Though I had been highly skeptical about the benefits of power conditioning I was amazed by what I heard.  ..My amp sounded better in ways I couldn't quite articulate.  The sound was smoother, cleaner and just more "right".  ..Just to make sure I wasn't just imagining things, I switched back and fourth a couple times.  Yep, there was no mistaking it.  I decided to go back one last time.  I unplugged the amp.  ..And before plugging it back into the wall I decided to switch on the TV to see how my man Federer was doing during the Wimbledon finals.  I hit the TV power button and..... nothing.  Huh?? ..I tried again....  nothing.

Turns out, during the whole exercise..I wasn't switching the Bryston's power cord back and forth b/w the wall outlet and the Monster strip, I was switching the TV's.

Case in point: Expectation Bias is very powerful.  .It explains why Asthma patients who are given an inhaler w/ placebo medication in clinical trials experience a 30% reduction in symptoms.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Emile said:

Found an old spool of 14/2 speaker wire in my garage ... looked a little "green" due to oxidation :(  splice it in and hooked it up. Awesome sound :) 

You'll find blue electrons work better for HF than green electrons.  'Jest saying...B)

• Like 1