The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
ThedukeMW

Wedding Speakers?

How many gorillas would it take to handle 153 pound speakers?

JJK

• Haha 1

Do you have decent corners or built in backs??

Pending on the type of music and tastes of the guests, you may need a sub or two also.

3 hours ago, ThedukeMW said:

Has anyone used Klipshorns as speakers in a wedding reception?

My guess would be "no" as that would be incredible overkill.  Moving a pair of 175 pound Khorns requires two people, a truck and hours of labor.  It would take incredible luck to lug them out of someone's house and into the reception hall, then reverse the process to get them home again without damaging them. 

And all for what?  To play music through speakers that nobody but you would appreciate?

If you are considering using your beloved Khorns for a wedding as a special wedding gift or something of that nature, my vote would be to rent PA speakers from the local music store.  Believe me, the bride won't care.  B)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

K-Horns would be incredibly hard to move and set up. If you have the manpower, time and experience you could get two Pro LaScalas and build a couple Cinema F-20 horn loaded subs. Make sure you call the local police and have them clean their uniforms so they look nice when they show up. :cool:

I used forte IIs and Chorus Is to DJ several dances.  Always got compliments on how good the sound was.

For subs I used SVS CS-Ultras.

Renting a half decent PA would be best. Also a good way not to damage any Khorns.

Used Cornwall's many years ago, If you were anywhere around this area I could set you up, not Cornwalls but better.

5 hours ago, wvu80 said:

My guess would be "no" as that would be incredible overkill. 

And what is this overkill you speak of?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dont know how to reply directly but thanks everyone for,your responses. 

I love d-tel’s life journey directions.....hehe

On 2/7/2019 at 11:46 AM, wvu80 said:

My guess would be "no" as that would be incredible overkill.  Moving a pair of 175 pound Khorns requires two people, a truck and hours of labor.  It would take incredible luck to lug them out of someone's house and into the reception hall, then reverse the process to get them home again without damaging them. 

And all for what?  To play music through speakers that nobody but you would appreciate?

If you are considering using your beloved Khorns for a wedding as a special wedding gift or something of that nature, my vote would be to rent PA speakers from the local music store.  Believe me, the bride won't care.  B)

This brought back memories...... In my college days, I once took my Klipschorns out of my dorm room ( 4th floor ) using the freight elevator to a Christmas party and dance  for the employees where I worked. The boss rented an Elks lodge hall for the occasion. Yes, much work for a dinner and dance party but I never forgot the SOUND!  35 foot spacing and perfect corners available for my use. And yes, everyone was in awe of the sound they heard.

• Like 1

My brother set up Cornwalls for his daughters wedding.  Worked out great.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Seadog said:

Cornwalls are not that easy to move, at least when your over 50.

JJK

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Seadog said:

We used yours (I think it was) one year on the back porch of the farmhouse at Pilgrimage, plenty enough.

post-14182-13819657273486_thumb.jpg

1 hour ago, dtel said:

We used yours (I think it was) one year on the back porch of the farmhouse at Pilgrimage, plenty enough.

Those were my brother's.  Same pair he used at my niece's wedding.  He hauled them from Houston to a family reunion in Indiana once to make sure we would have good audio. I guess his motto is "Have Cornwalls, will travel".

• Like 1

I thought you did, I couldn't find a picture, must have been some lost when a hard drive died and they weren't on a disc.

They sounded good and I would think playing louder than at a wedding.

I think it was 2006 ?