NFL 2019

MC39693

12 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

what were you doing watching the halftime show anyway?  I thought you’d be outside making a snowman.  Aren’t you getting snow? We finally had a day without rain ... first in about a month. 

Eh, the halftime show was amazeballs wasn't it?  hahahaha  Nah, no more snow.  It snowed and covered the yard a bit then melted off.  About 50 Sunday and today it's supposed to be mid 50's.  Sunny and bright out today for some reason.  "The Heart of it All" yanno.  Gotta love Ohio weather!  HA!

2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

You guys sound like a bunch of old brimstone Baptists.  If only it would have ended before Elvis started shaking his hips, the world would have been a better place.

I enjoyed it and I was eagerly awaiting a wardrobe malfunction, but I get the other side where some of that is not really family friendly and I got it first hand.  We were at a close friends house with their 6 year old daughter and their other 11 year old twin girls and they were all sitting at the bar eating cheese dip on the edge of their seat. They weren't around for the game, obviously, but the halftime performance had been so hyped up with their friends or TV I guess, they were waiting to see J Lo.  Their parents aren't really ones to hide the world from their kids, but I have to admit, it was a bit uneasy to watch that and have youngsters there while everyone hooped and hollered about it.  The hand gestures and the close ups were not something that was really needed. 

I thought the kids singing their segment after JLO climbed down from her pole was really nice and helped tidy things up a bit. The silver Creeper dude that showed up mumbling some sort of strange language should have been left out, he really just diluted things.   The Music and Vocals were pretty dismal IMO, but as far as lunchtime time waster video over burger, a beer and a few coworkers, it would be worthy for another view.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've watched many super bowls in the past using my over the air antenna even when I had cable.  The picture and sound were always so much better when using the antenna.  It was always broadcast in surround sound in previous years.  For some reason this year it wasn't.

2 hours ago, Randyh said:

he makes 2x  more money than Brady 

Not true, not even close. Do you actually look up this stuff before you just spit it out?

Brady contract: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/tom-brady-4619/

Garoppolo contract: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/jimmy-garoppolo-14472/

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

Here, Here!!! Not those Kansas City Kansas living Missouri wannabe's! 

} This is true - However, spend some in KC and the surrounding areas, both Kansas and Missouri sides, and few if any Kansan’s (this encompasses Johnson County, KS specifically) have any desire to move east across the state line. Trust me on this - my name is Rich and I’m here to help —

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, richieb said:

} This is true - However, spend some in KC and the surrounding areas, both Kansas and Missouri sides, and few if any Kansan’s (this encompasses Johnson County, KS specifically) have any desire to move east across the state line. Trust me on this - my name is Rich and I’m here to help —

I see you took the bait. Been in the KC area many, many times, and agree. I just wish we had a way for you to contribute to our state taxes. 

Congrats on the win! We used to have a team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MookieStl said:

Here, Here!!! Not those Kansas City Kansas living Missouri wannabe's! 

Somebody very BIG sent a text out congratulating the state of Kansas and its residents for the superbowl win last night. He soon deleted it.  But many captured it in screen shots :)

Can I get a map and a Sharpie please?

• Haha 4