Jump to content

Am I Crazy for Considering Moving to Los Angeles


Ceptorman
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

 

I have thought about leaving Las Vegas many times but in speaking to people that have left, many come back or regret leaving. 

 

We have very hot summers, but once the sun goes down it is actually very nice at night.  The natural landscape is not that nice (but the mountains are very nice), but we do not have snow, tornadoes, hurricanes, or even very many bugs or rodents.  I have been workings in my attic and no critters at all.  We also have a lot of really nice weather, like 7 or 8 months, and even in the winter we get so many 60 degree days. 

 

Plus offroading and hiking in the desert are really nice if you explore. 

 

This is what I came up with and decided to stay. 

dont you find that breathing all that dust is not good for your health

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Yes indeed and where this             1017230452_Youreyesdonotdecieveyou.jpg.dbe66bba738e4ffbb84346b9a9d92710.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

lives next to this in sunny LA                                              1514354364_ThankGodCAFinallybannedplasticstraws..jpg.38e3c96df33df515dc96ac2dfebe0c43.jpg

This is the kind of crap that proves the willful ignorance and prejudice of some people. I've been to Tennessee (have family there) and it's a beautiful state with beautiful people (most of them anyway). 

This is the L.A. I live in:

10283213_Annotatioan2020-0a3-06200a430a.jpg.6ebb2c9859d9421d3a93a8f8af820bf9.jpg693817259_Annotatioan2020-0a3-k0620f0a430a.jpg.0d9927f1eaf611a2e5188ce8af791919.jpg1768501931_Annotatioan2020o-0a3-bk0m620f0a430a.jpg.07541bab51422d8f93a412299b405ee1.jpg1054172745_Annotatioan2020-0a3-0620f0a430a.jpg.41d0462a7fbe98dd411fb4a706c124e2.jpg807868478_Annotatioan2020o-0a3-bk0620f0a430a.jpg.b6b7381913f3f77e7ad247b0350d608f.jpg1893270246_Annotatioan2020o-0a3-k0620f0a430a.jpg.ab9b838b9ff807db02302b390bcfb5b7.jpg1688226774_Annotation2020-0a3-06200a430a.jpg.87a9f001741694a4bcfc57c2d836704c.jpg877202863_Annotation2020-03-06200a430a.jpg.fa7a47a61b8acadde4b024f8e75ba997.jpg159634481_Annotation2020-03-06200430.jpg.6ca16528df0872e754523fc459b778e1.jpg1921134761_Annotation2020-03-06200430a.jpg.1a0c1f213caea2ae4551239529a29626.jpg

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've lived in Los Angeles off and on since the late 70's. In my opinion, California (especially Los Angeles and San Francisco) are seriously going down the tubes at an accelerated rate. Do your homework, research the internet to weigh the positive and negative aspects. Find out why people are leaving California. Look into topics like: the high cost of living, high cost of property, high taxes, heavy traffic, toxic air quality, eroding civil liberties, high crime, suppressive political policies and an expanding homeless population. Frankly, the only reason I'm still here is because I'm making good money, but even the money can't justify living here anymore. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good points from most, thanks for the info. It would be a huge move, I'm actually surprised my wife is on board. I thought if we ever moved, it would be to southeast Texas, her family is there, my oldest daughter is there.

 

I'm considering this is for the money, and the allure of moving. My family just sold the house myself, and 6 siblings grew up in. I've never lived anywhere else than here. Sounds exciting.

 

I did notice a huge difference, my home in Indiana is worth about 1.2 million in LA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, mr clean said:

You are CRAZY!!! But im out in the sticks and love it. Its all up to you! I like Indy. Its easy to get around.  And I love this place when I come to Indy!

 

http://www.brozinni.net

I've been there a few times, their meatball stuffed breadsticks are awesome.

10 hours ago, Randyh said:

California is to me , just beautiful , in comparison to snow and salt and cold wheather ,  this is a great opportunity ,  now get a contract signed with a garanteed salary ,a few years term   they should be able to advise you on housing ,  and this may be the best move of your life ,  nothing like California , except crime and pollution , which are the low scores ,  you gotta have guns , and tons of security ,  but being a builder , you should be able to make it in California - go for it , if you think it is a good decision

I actually like the snow, the cold gets old though. I work outside, and can miss 8-12 weeks of work every winter.

9 hours ago, DMH said:

I've lived in Los Angeles off and on since the late 70's. In my opinion, California (especially Los Angeles and San Francisco) are seriously going down the tubes at an accelerated rate. Do your homework, research the internet to weigh the positive and negative aspects. Find out why people are leaving California. Look into topics like: the high cost of living, high cost of property, high taxes, heavy traffic, toxic air quality, eroding civil liberties, high crime, suppressive political policies and an expanding homeless population. Frankly, the only reason I'm still here is because I'm making good money, but even the money can't justify living here anymore. 

 

The housing cost were alarming. I found a home in Pasadena similar to mine here. It was appraised at 250k in 2010, and a yearly property tax of $3500....it was appraised at 1.2 million in 2019, and taxes were 12k. A 2200 sq ft ranch.

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

Seriously, Bill

It could be good or bad. A lot depends on your "type". It is a BIG city. Anything you want, any time. Except for solitude

I actually liked it there WAY more than I thought I would've. I was prepared to be dodging bullets and drug dealers, but I never felt unsafe. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Good points from most, thanks for the info. It would be a huge move, I'm actually surprised my wife is on board. I thought if we ever moved, it would be to southeast Texas, her family is there, my oldest daughter is there.

 

I'm considering this is for the money, and the allure of moving. My family just sold the house myself, and 6 siblings grew up in. I've never lived anywhere else than here. Sounds exciting.

 

I did notice a huge difference, my home in Indiana is worth about 1.2 million in LA.

I sold a condo in Orange County California and bought a custom 3600 square foot home on a golf course in Idaho and put over $100K in the bank. You are looking at the opposite scenario, unfortunately. If it were me........ I’d buy my home in Texas and work in California. You’d get a bigger bang for you $$ and stay by family at the same time. And when you are ready to step away from California you’d be all set up. Also, if you have any kids consider that California will distort and quite likely redirect their lives in some unpleasant ways. Try to not let the Southern California ‘bling’ sparkle up your expectations. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Also, if you have any kids consider that California will distort and quite likely redirect their lives in some unpleasant ways. Try to not let the Southern California ‘bling’ sparkle up your expectations. 

They will take your children from you and make them into strange things. The indoctrination is severe out there unless you can find a good private school which is of course more $$$$$. Good you mention this  Bosco and I had thought about doing the same. My two brothers went to UM in Ann Arbor just when the femin----s got rolling. One brother escaped with his mind intact and the other Dad said he did not know after six months. This aberration in my one brother stayed with him all his life and while Dad had much to discuss with my one brother and I the nutso one was so far out there that there was no reasoning. We could talk and debate and be civil about it but nutso would immediately be angry as vitriol poured forth with scorn and sadly he was molded by bad PC teachers and never recovered.

  Ann Arbor was bad for it's day and I cant imagine what schools are like out there in CA this day and time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...