I'm a grandfather.....

Marvel

My daughter just gave birth to a son, 21.5 inches, 9 pounds 6 ounces (wow!).Natural delivery, praise God!. All are doing well. The name is Quinnby Peter-Read Carpenter.

We're all pretty excited (the dad especially so... mom is pretty tired...)

Bruce

Congratulations Grandpa Marvel! Aren't grandkids like payback time? Grandparents spoil the grandkids rotten... then get to send them home to let the parents deal with them.... sometimes took as 2 weeks to undo a weekend with Nana and Pap.

Welcome to the world Quinnby!

Quinnby, now thats an interesting name. I think I read an article in a paper or localish magazine, maybe Indianapolis? about some guy who named his son Penrod or something like that.... after a guy he talked to on the beach with the same name as he thought it was intersting or something like that. So where did Quinnby come from?

We told my father in law his first grandchild was going to be Bowser Renaldo if a boy or Congolia (RIP George Carlin) Solaria if a girl ... he must've carried on for 5 or maybe 10 minutes ... he was ranting so loud I could hear him fine over the regular phone handset. I think my wife ended up on the floor practically hyperventilating she was laughing so hard.... We ended up naming our first daughter Elyse Rae. Our second daughter was named Alea Marie Elyse pretty much made up Alea, well before we had heard of the singer/actress Aaliyah or saw Alea in any baby name books. I'll have to look to see if Aaliyah was in our baby name book, if we still have it.... I think we looked in th one we had bought before Elyse was born. My wife never did like Brunhilda

Congrats Bruce! That's fantastic!

I can't wait to be a grandpa. Not many folks say that but I'm really looking forward to it. My 25 year old shows no sign of settling down and my daughter still has a year of college left. I'm guessing it'll be my daughter first. By the time I was 25, I had a 3 year old. Kids are waiting longer these days though. Still, I want to be young enough to throw the football around with grandkids, take them fishing, etc. Best part is, you can give them back at the end of the day!

Have fun Bruce. Take lots of pics (like you need to be told).

Still, I want to be young enough to throw the football around with grandkids, take them fishing, etc.

..like how to set up a turntable, clean a record, adjust the volume to Grampa's liking...[;)]