• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Probably be dragging those RF-711 to the curb in about 3 weeks with a free sign on them…no where to put them..
    • That’s what was the deciding factor,the looks of the Fortes we love so these Volti Razz speakers have no China parts, better drivers and a really nice cabinets  the proof is in the pudding when they get here…
    • Never used Roon because of the cost.  Plex much the same, and since my system is music only, Plex is more than I need.     VLC - assuming you're running VLC on a Windows PC, you need to make sure to set VLC up correctly to bypass the Windows mixer and send the output directly to your soundcard or external DAC.  That involves going into VLC preferences, selecting audio, and choosing the device you want to send the audio output to.  That said, VLC is a bare-bones media player.  The advantage of VLC is that it can play nearly any media file format in existence. However, as far as I know, there is no VLC integration with Tidal, Qobuz, etc.   But wait!  There's more!   If you're tied to the MS Windows ecosystem, you might have a look at Lyrion Music Server: https://lyrion.org/   Lyrion installs in Windows, and you can then configure it for what you need it to do.  Lyrion integrates with Tidal, Quboz, Spotify and others.  It will scan your hard drive (either internal, attached or network drive) to build a catalog of your music.  You can control playback remotely from your chair on a tablet or smartphone or another PC on the same network.  Lyrion is what became of the old Logitech Media Server software, and is now maintained by a group of music enthusiasts.     A kissing cousin of Lyrion is Daphile: https://www.daphile.com/.  Daphile is based on Lyrion.   The difference is that, rather than installing Daphile on your existing Windows computer, you actually replace Windows with Daphile: Daphile is its own operating system based on Linux.  Daphile also comes with operating system tweaks that favor music playback on a computer. Beyond that, Daphile and Lyrion share similar DNA (i.e., you can use the same plugins as Lyrion users have access to and configure Daphile to do what you need it to do).  I've been a happy Daphile user for a number of years.  I've compared it to other music-specific operating systems and software but at least for me, I've not found anything better.     Well  almost.  The only thing that I've found that can rival it in my use case is a Linux computer running the mpd music server.  The ONLY drawback with mpd is that it doesn't integrate with streaming services like Tidal or Quboz.  If you're not a subscriber and don't need that integration, then the sound quality from a properly configured PC running mpd is really tough to beat.  
    • The sound panels reminded me. I totally forgot to mention that the stucco walls in my living room turned out so be perfect for sound absorption. Who would have thunk it? So if you are looking for cheap panels, just go buy some mud and a trowel, and start slinging it. 😉
    • According to the link, the item has already been removed from Offer-up
    • Pushbutton single mid drivers go for what, $150 each?  Soldered for for $200-$250?  $150 for a pair of mid horns?  1 pair of tweeters with horns, $100?  Woofers don't sell very high, because everyone that has done Supers has a pair of them on a shelf somewhere...  Crossovers $250 a pair?  You can get nearly a grand (or more) out of the innards, unless I am sorely mistaken.  I have no idea what a pair of grills would go for with the original badges.  $100 each?   Anyone else have any ideas on these part prices?    
    • I have a mismatched pair I’ve been thinking of selling. Hadn’t considered parting them out. 
    • Those Voltis should sound amazing with your Pass Labs amp and preamp. I wanted to replace my Forte IVs with a pair of perlisten floorstanders but my wife vetoed that. She loves the Fortes and hates the look of almost all other speakers. Enjoy your new Volti speakers.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    thomwake1