• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• I have not... but those spec's are pretty close to the 4080 Xilica.   If I needed more channels for a 2-3 way center, I would definitely give it a go. it's hard to say how noisy it might be.   you can also try and source an 8080 xilica.
    • Balance issues?  You?  We've know you were unbalanced for years!  😂  Remember this young man.  "Weebles wobble but they won't fall down!"   😂     All good in the hood.  Cool nite, warmin up, and rain, which we could use, coming in kinda maybe for the 4th.  Spent the morning on the phone puttin out fires and laffin a lot.  I THINK it's all under control now.  Maybe.   I just apply Nils Lofgren's quote as needed anymore.  "The whole world's gone mad."     For the infrequent reader's enjoy your 4th and have ya some fun.  Guess that applies to the rest of the gaggle too.  Independence Day yanno.    The Fourth of July recognizes the signing of the Declaration of Independence, a significant moment in American history. On July 2, 1776, the Continental Congress successfully voted to become independent from Great Britain, and two days after that, the Declaration of Independence was adopted and signed by delegates representing the 13 colonies. Philosopher and Founding Father Thomas Jefferson drafted the Declaration and later became the third President of the U.S. Every year since the original signing, July 4 has been a cause for celebration.    
    • Old thread I know but wondering if anyone has tried the Peavey...looks like a clone of the Xilica 4080 https://peavey.com/product/vsx-48e-dsp-based-loudspeaker-management-system/
    • Agree on Pass, Labs or First Watt, on Heritage and would imagine a wide variety of other speakers. I actually preferred the FW F3 and more so the F5 to the XA25 which I found a bit too “laid back”. Like the XA25 the F3 is more a “mellower” presentation. 
    • Man, I wish you were closer.  I'd buy those Eliptrac's from you.  I wish it wasn't such a pain for shipping....but I get it.  
    • Both speed and accuracy is impressive but above all to my ears clarity  Enjoy Yuja Wang    
    • Either find a used set of the KG 1.2's you loved or get something a little bit nicer.  However, the R-41M speakers are NOT it.  I acquired a pair several years ago and after a demo, I couldn't wait to get rid of them as they were the worst pair of Klipsch speakers I've ever listened to.    If you want to buy a new Klipsch bookshelf, I would go with the reference premier line.  Either the RP-600M II or the RP-500M II.    However, my suggestion is check out used gear locally.  Go listen to some bookshelf speakers and let your ears decide for you.  I've found some great speakers and amazing deals doing this.  You can't be in a rush, that's when people tend to make poor decisions just because they have to have something now!  Somehing like this used set of RB3's for $150 https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2120614944977220?ref=category_feed&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=listing&tracking={"qid"%3A"-1710403376824693374"%2C"mf_story_key"%3A"7771207059634539"%2C"commerce_rank_obj"%3A"{\"target_id\"%3A7771207059634539%2C\"target_type\"%3A0%2C\"primary_position\"%3A25%2C\"ranking_signature\"%3A3743066048207611826%2C\"commerce_channel\"%3A504%2C\"value\"%3A9.5083848605873e-5%2C\"candidate_retrieval_source_map\"%3A{\"7771207059634539\"%3A3501}}"}   If you don't have a receiver/processor with a sub out, you might want to upgrade to something that does, as this will open up a world of possibilities going forward.
    • Doc wrote me a RX for PT to address balance issues.  Salem my physical therapist is helping quite a bit and has me walking every day.  A pleasant 70 degrees for a change so no sweating. Think I will enjoy getting in a little better shape!  Slow at first.......
    • That amp has no means of high-pass filtering a signal to the main speakers.
    • Hello Klipsch heads (and especially my friend, Henry4841). The Little Sweetie amplifier built in this thread is alive and well living happily with the Heresies in my shop. As I wrote almost two years ago, the Little One will probably outlive me.   Thanks, geo
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    billybob1