Ask the Historian

Got a Klipsch history question for historian Jim Hunter? Ask here! 

520 topics in this forum

• 12 replies
    • 2k views
  1. Runt La Scala

• 11 replies
    • 1.8k views
    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
    • 25 replies
    • 7.2k views
  2. Date of manufacture

• 4 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 3k views
    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
    • 10 replies
    • 1.8k views
    • 20 replies
    • 94.9k views
  3. Live vs Playback

• 4 replies
    • 5 replies
  4. just wondering? 1 2

• 29 replies
    • 2.7k views
    • 13 replies
    • 2k views
    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 1 reply
  5. .

• 5 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 29 replies
    • 55.9k views
    • 5 replies
    • 2 replies
  • Recent Posts

• You can name yours anything you want.    Mere mortals are not allowed to name Heritage Products - PWK named them all (or adopted what others called them, like "Klipschorn" was name given by an audioclub that he adopted), the Jubilee (from Old Testiment), all of 'em. He even came up with nicknames, like Montagator. 
    • Stay tuned, we will have all of the details up in couple of days and I will update all of this and provide the links, etc. 
    • I've seen pictures of KHorns places along a wall the same as someone might place other speaker. The first pait I ever heard were about three or four feet into the room, a d they still sounded great.   Knowing what I know now I would have said they were placed incorrectly, but they did sound very good at the time. 
    • Another sad day. Spider John had passed away.   https://m.startribune.com/spider-john-koerner-obituary-minneapolis-minnesota-bob-dylan-ray-glover-bonnie-raitt-palmers-cancer/600366946/?clmob=y&c=n&clmob=y&c=n
    • AL# refers to the La Scala crossover network version (https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/113804-klipsch-crossovers/), which is also used as a speaker version number for the La Scala (current version is AL5) and Klipschorn (current version is AK6).  Considering that the crossover will now be a DSP, I was wondering if they would continue using that designation.  I guess so.  
    • I am preparing myself for some incoming records due to arrive soon  Filling missing titles in the collection and also replacing CDs of same titles    ‘’Spinning in my downtime from preparing the base and erecting a new greenhouse fun fun fun 🤘   Artist - King Crimson Title - Red   
    • Oh and if I won them, can I name them?
    • Where do you send the money? How can I get in on this? What does AL six stand for? 
    • Yeah knew that would be long.
    • Our RSB-11 Soundbar has a Dolby function, which appears to automatically engage depending on whether or not the soundtrack of the TV show or movie supports Dolby. If the soundtrack does, the Dolby icon lights up and Dolby feature goes on automatically. Unfortunately, there are times when Dolby muddies the crispness of dialogue, outweighing any noise-cancelling benefits, and we want Dolby switched off. How do we disable/deactivate Dolby manually, or prevent it from turning on automatically regardless of the soundtrack input. There doesn't seem to be a button for this, either on the soundbar or its remote. This should be a choice, not a forced feature.