2-Channel Home Audio

Talk about stereo amp and speaker matching here.

34533 topics in this forum

• 3 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 0 replies
  1. Random Thoughts

• 7 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 7 replies
    • 5 replies
  2. I Scored !!!!

• 1 reply
    • 17 replies
  3. Belles with ??

• 5 replies
  4. Turntable platform

• 1 reply
  5. Cornwalls

• 0 replies
  6. Triode Destruction

• 0 replies
    • 29 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 2.3k views
    • 46 replies
    • 2k views
  7. Klipsch KLF 10s

• 0 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 5.2k views
  8. PWK's Equipment 1 2

• 26 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 2 replies
  • Recent Posts

• Yep, it’s the arm for the auto stop. I’m not sure why he wasn’t using it but the amount of bourbon he had previously may have had something to do with it. I’ll have to see what brand it is the next time I’m over there.   He has another machine that I think was an AKAI but seemed to have trouble with the belt slipping the previous time I was over there.
    • Bob Carver is a true legend- sad to see it all come to an end. Here's a link to the Carversite thread where Jim Clark explains the situation:   https://thecarversite.com/topic/26870-bob-carver-llc-bc-audio-llc-what-is-the-difference-what-happened-why-closing/   "What happened?   1) Glass audio crashed in 2021 and left Bob Carver Co closed, with backorders and 2000 unanswered emails.   2) I talked to Bob and Peggy about building high quality products and starting yet again another company to build Bob Carver tube amps.   3) In Feb 2022 Bob Carver LLC (Bob and Peggy) and BC Audio (Jim and Lerma) were formed. The Crimson 275 was a planned source of revenue while designing other new world class products.   4) A 'well connected' industry veteran convinced me he had an existing supply chain that could provide manufacturing engineering at competitive prices and production in compressed time frames. The cost and time required were not in the ballpark. The cost were exceeded by 300% and the time required was exceeded by 600% further exhausting our resources.    Two months after our start-up, Audio science review came out with a devastating review of the Crimson 275. Photographic evidence of the 275 using clearly labeled 15 watt output transformers in the 75 watt amp, gave ASR a 'kick me' sign the size of a billboard on the companies back, it's very sad. Also ASR showed a picture of the unused earth ground pin and told readers that the 275 could result in a 700 volt shock to the user, although 2 prong power cords are common in audio, using a 3 conductor cord and leaving the earth pin unused was another 'kick me' sign on the companies back.    Bob requested that we offer refunds for the 275 and offer to rework the grounding and polarity issue at no charge with free return shipping.    Instead of BC Audio having revenue from the Crimson 275 as a start-up company to survive on, while the new world class products were coming, we started out giving refunds and free rework, being accountable for a company before our time, that made serious mistakes and errors in judgment, imho.. BC Audio paid dearly in terms of standing behind the old company and the damage to the brand resulting from ASRs review. Without revenue, we carried on for 2 years.   Today, BC Audio is closing. Sales are very slow. Customers still read ASR and contact me weekly with concern that their Carver Crimson 275 will kill them.    We still get pictures of the 15 watt transformers in the 75 watt amp and called a fraud, scam, liar and other unpleasant terms. Rating the 275 @ 75w, 20Hz to 20K further depleted credibility in the brand. I can't change the past or go back and slap the people who made those choices.. They will have to live with it. I made course corrections but the heavy damage was done.   We built one batch of 285s that are truly world class and excellent, but failed to launch as a company, manly do to baggage from the past attempts at building these products before my time, imho..   BC Audio LLC was founded in Feb 2022 by Jim Clark.  Everything we produced met specs and was perfectly safe from Feb 2022 forward. Products produced by prior companies attempts at producing Bob Carver products, like those reviewed in ASR are not the responsibility of BC Audio. BC Audio produced world class products that we stand behind and take great pride in."
    • Anyone got the Klipsch ksp-400 service manual or a link for downloading it? I got the hum-problem. The hum starts when the amplifier turns itself on. The hum is gone after a few minutes, but so is the sound from the sub-woofer. Thinking about either repairing the amplifier or bypassing it and connect all the speakers to en external amplifier. 
    • Still looking for copies of Rush Roll The Bones and Rush Counterparts. If anyone has a copy of either that they would like to sell for something slightly less than my left ******** let me know. 😜
    • https://www.facebook.com/share/r/am6ZmVo2DMPuSUaW/?mibextid=oFDknk    
    • Nuttin like trying to adjust to a new med the Doc turned me on to.  Today's version of black beauties imo.  Jardiance.  Averaging 5 hours a nite of sleep if that and sittin starin into a screen absolutely worthless for the rest of the time.  Nope, not a side affect "they" say.  Told the Doc and he just stared at me.  No response.   Put an eyeball on dem gams boys!  @dirtmudd there's Nipper's replacement fo sure!  Wonder if she does Jardiance?  Lawdy!   Nuttin like sittin here wide awake lookin like an armadillo/possummmmm starin into a sea of headlights @ 330AM listenin to Snowy kill it.  😂     Gonna hit the sheets and check my eyelids for holes.    WAIT just had an appropriate flashback!       Here's a lol do nuttin moosic 1:41:30 for ya  @JohnJ  Get that second mugga and fire up some bkfast!         I'm out!  Maybe.      
    • Ha!                Thanks for joggin me @Full Range How he slipped thru the cracks back in 1905 I'll never know but it know it was his lyrics.  Way outta the box for the 60's but today sooo spot on!  Crazy good lp's.  Ya earned ur keep Buckeye!  😂
    • I am in the SF Bay Area. Would appreciate any leads on this amp.
    • Hello all,   Im looking at some HT upgrades (mainly rp-8000F iis, a new center, sub and receiver)   During my research, I've been looking between the Denon 4800h, Marantz Cinema 40, Onkyo RZ50 or RZ70. I saw a mention of pre-programmed "Klipsch" EQ settings in these Onkyos. Has anyone messed with this or have any input on this "mode"? Wondering if this is just gimmicks or if it's legit good.
    • I know the feeling!  Just ordered 3 more today and the one I was waiting on showed up a day early...  Another pile begins.