General Klipsch Info

Talk about any other Klipsch Audio products and accessories here.

21554 topics in this forum

• 1 reply
    • 9 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 1 reply
  1. Vacuum Tubes

• 7 replies
    • 27 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 1 reply
  2. CD Text

• 6 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 3.2k views
    • 16 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
  3. The t-man (t man) imposter.

• 5 replies
    • 7 replies
  4. Smiley Land

• 3 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 1.4k views
  5. used prices

• 5 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 2 replies
  6. RB-5s

• 5 replies
  • Recent Posts

• That's good to know, I'd be interested to know how one would handle gain matching each channel to insure accurate levels out of each amp. I know some of the Tubes4Hifi pre amps have individual channel gains, so I assume one could accomplish it by that means.
    • I'm pissed .. My R-110w amp is popping and cutting off once again. First time I repaired it I only changed the Mosfet IRFI4019H and the amp IRS2092 and things were back to normal for about 6 months. I had ordered the caps but didn't recap it back then.. Few weeks ago the problem came back.. Decided to recap it then , and the problem seemed fixed for about 30 minutes , until it started again..  I ordered new mosfet , new TIP31c, new R39 , new amp and changed them all again, the issue still persists. The power to the collector of the TIP31c keep cutting off , turning off the amp.. until it gets power back again in about 5 to 10 seconds..  Kinda fed  up with this amp but at the same time I feel there's only so many parts left to change to really fix the issue..  It isn't the power supply , the +/- 15 volts , +/- 45 volts are all stable and never drop..
    • Stop and take a deep breath. First, welcome to the madness. It's almost impossible to buy one and done with a set up. I'd recommend something along the lines of a Harman/Kardon HK430 to get you started, look for something that has been serviced recently. I would add a Bluesound Node and Dual 1019 or 1219. Those right there will get your feet wet with both digital and analog. From there the sky is the limit. There are other/similar components that others will recommend, the choice is up to and your budget. 
    • "you should be able to tap the speaker's crossover's low-frequency output to feed the sub."   That's a real head-scratcher, sounds way more complicated than needed to diy speaker output to rca in. I wonder why subwoofer manufacturers haven't thought of doing it that way?
    • This isn't Ebay! Setting a price and showing a location will ease your sale.
    • The challenge now is not a subwoofer. OP could come back and let us know which option he may go with. Interesting conversation though so far, on a lazy day.
    • "My apologies--sorry for suggesting something as unreasonable as using two resistors and coaxial cable to inexpensively provide a solution."   There are inexpensive speaker level to line level converters that will do the job for those without the tools and/or knowledge to diy.
    • "The limitation is now only lower cost subwoofers come with speaker level inputs." ??? You don't know the subwoofer market.    
    • CL listing ended and I went through the thread but didn't see an asking price.
    • I don't know how many kind of idiots there are but if ANYONE listens to music at anywhere near 120 dB for extended periods of time I'm curious how they are measuring It? 🤔 https://decibelpro.app/blog/how-loud-is-120-decibels/