So you have how many posts in here?

IndyKlipschFan

OMG! New York City is hosting the Olympics of text messaging this week.

Competitors from more than a dozen countries are participating in the LG Mobile World Cup. The winning team, judged on speed and accuracy, will take home a $100,000 prize.

Participants include Kate Moore, 16, of Des Moines, the 2009 U.S. National Texting Champion.

Kate, averages 12,000 texts per

month. She says she can "talk and text at the same time, without

looking at the phone."

Hmmmmm Even makes Colterphoto1 look like an amature! hahahahahahahahaha

How many per day do you post on average?

Kate, averages 12,000 texts per
month
. She says she can "talk and text at the same time, without
looking at the phone."

Lots of phones have keyboards in them, I don't see it being a big deal to text and not look at the phone.

Then again I don't even own a cellphone!

My brother texts on his iphone without looking.....I dunno how he does it. He does several thousands of texts per month....I wonder if he knows about this competition.

I probably average 10 texts a month...and it's usually my instant messenger getting forwarded to my phone.

• Moderators

2.5 here per day average, it's the half post that I am most proud of, especially if it has nothing to do with the topic !

I had my provider disable text. Don't get'em, don't send'em. Must be some kind of prize there..."Troglodyte of the Century?"

Disable text,....... I don't even have a phone,....want to talk to me call my wife. [Y]

I text 1 to 2 per day. They usually say call me when you get a chance. That is the only way I can get in touch with my 18 yr old and my 20 yr old. They won't answer their phone but will answer their text. (they are in college and are at class or texting their friends or sleeping and very rarly will answer their phone for their dad. It must be the caller ID)

Competitors from more than a dozen countries are participating in the LG Mobile World Cup. The winning team, judged on speed and accuracy, will take home a $100,000 prize.

This makes me want to puke. [:@]

However, I will slide on over to the two-channel forum and shoot the breeze with ya'll. [:^)]

I do approx. 4 text msgs a day to my fiancee in China. That costs me about a dollar. Calling is about $.03 minute. You can do the math. Most of the talking is with an instant messenger, which is free (other than the cost of my internet provider and computer...) We don't even need to get to the ticket price to travel there (approx. $1300 round trip for the plane, night in Hong Kong, train to Nanchang... etc. )

Bruce, age 60

3 to 4 age 44.......Only when I have to contact a sub contractor that may not have enough signal for the call, but can receive and send a text. There are times that it is the only way to communicate. I do, however, short reply to e-mails through the Blackberry when I'm out of the office, but texting when you can talk, just means that you really don't want to talk to the person anyway.IMO Now, on another note, for all the idiots that drive and text, beware of the white GMC crew cab holding the center line as you go left of center trying to look at your phone..........it's not that I don't see you coming into my lane, I'm lining up to catch you with the corner of the bumper![:@] Feel much better now!