Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

You're not really up on the attachments I guess. The closer I'm including is actually a Hardinge Sjogren like this one. Like I said, you aint beating this deal I don't care how big your CL is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARDINGE-SJOGREN-Precision-5C-Hand-Wheel-Collet-Lathe-Chuck-D1-6-Camlock-USA-/161199719508?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2588408454

• Like 2

Evening Gang, Morning for most

82 outside temp, placed a fan on the cave door for the night.

Three outta four Bay items showed up today, of course the one i need to make things work, not here, maybe mondy.

Swapmeet in the morning wile it's cool, not much on the fetch list.

• Like 7

Time to get started with my yard work before it gets too  hot. We just hit stage 2 water restrictions, so it looks like I'll be doing some hand watering to supplement the days I can use the sprinkler system. Still not bad for mid August here. Last year we hit stage 4. The heavy spring rains really helped and not hitting 100 degree temps until August was nice.

• Like 7

Morning Gang

70 in the Cave, nice.

Swapmeet in a bit, Coffee/Carnation canned and the Duggans, a little carnation makes the Duggans taste better and last longer :emotion-44::emotion-21:

I might as well look for a lathe wile im out there the CL guys are not communicating.

I see they have extended out 100+ days out past Monday.

I done w/heat/fires, bring on Fall.

• Like 8

Time to get started with my yard work before it gets too  hot. We just hit stage 2 water restrictions, so it looks like I'll be doing some hand watering to supplement the days I can use the sprinkler system. Still not bad for mid August here. Last year we hit stage 4. The heavy spring rains really helped and not hitting 100 degree temps until August was nice.

I'll take a Pic of my lawn, make you feel better.

• Like 8

After a few years of Scotts, likely a Grand over 5 years, i had the best looking Digs on the Block, looks like im setting an example now, water Dept is happy, fire dept harassing me.neighbors think im a conformist, they just dont know i dont GV-A-FK.

post-57941-0-44160000-1439731828_thumb.j

post-57941-0-92640000-1439731837_thumb.j

• Like 5

LF and I caught sunset over dinner down on the Cape Fear River last night.  She had blacken salmon over salad and a nice white.  I had locally caught Wahoo over saffron rice.  A long stroll to a very good ice cream store down town.  Bien!

Get to work Luther.  Keep paving Mark!

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 9

• Moderators

For the first time in weeks we have a 40%-60% chance of rain through mid week, and we need it were dry also.

It's possible some may move over into Texas ?

• Like 7

One thousand U.S. gets the lathe + a taper attachment and underdrive cabinet, radius cutter, 2 chucks (USA made 3 jaw and 4 jaw), steady rest, Royal collet closer 5C w/ set of collets, live center MT3, its one of the better ones too with underdrive cabinet and the dual gear changers. :D :D :D You can hunt for the next 10 years and you wont beat that deal. He he he.

Oh yea..that is a deal.... the SB I getting has alot of attachments, and I'll be pricing it more than a grand. Hell the Atlas I listed sold for $1000 with alot of attachments and the guy that got it from me did not bat an eye at the price. He new it was a fair price. I like to make money but I price things to sell...

If I'm trying to sell something I price it to sell at a fair price... I hate the "lowballer's" if you insult me I'll just look at ya and say something like...... I got xx number of people in line to look at this today....you got one more shot....most dig in there pocket and say here's the money...

I sold an old Honda Accord a few weeks ago, it was my daughter's old ride. Yea it ran and drove but it needed work. I priced it at $800 on the CL. The young guy that got it came out from Baltimore... I new this would be a city car. So he asked me if I am firm on the the price. I told him all the work it needed and said give $500 and it's yours.. He was really happy. I was a great ride for 5 bones. I thought he would get a year out of it...... Well he called two days later and told me the trans had taken a dump. He wasn't mad he wanted to know if I had another trans around the shop (I didn't). I told him the time we find a used trans and you pay me to put it in he would have too much in the car. I asked him if the car still drove, he said yea but when it gets warm the trans slips. So I told him drive the car to the local scrap yard... I knew he would get $350 for a car you drive into the yard. I told him I will send him a company check for $150. 

I sent the check out that afternoon. He called later that week and told me he did get $350 at the scrapper and he got my check. He thanked me for making him whole. Even though I sold the old car "as is" it was just the right thing to do. So in the end I got the $350 out of the old beast...the same if I was to drive it to the scrapper. 

I believe what comes around goes around....I don't want to piss off the karma gods.... lol lol

Wishing all a great Sunday...

MKP :-)

• Like 8

Hey all...happy Sunday ... got done with the yard work yesterday and canned the plans to hit thpe local festival. Too damned hot. Headed up to Boulder and hit a couple of local record shops looking for vinyl. Picked up a bunch of stuff from Dylan's "basement" sessions to Chris Hillman to Boz Scaggs. Would have been cheaper to attend the festival but probably not as much fun. Capped the day off by grilling some brats and watching the Kevin Bacon movie 'Cop Car.' Highly recommended.

Enjoy your day, everyone.

• Like 6

• Moderators

LF and I caught sunset over dinner down on the Cape Fear River last night.  She had blacken salmon over salad and a nice white.  I had locally caught Wahoo over saffron rice.  A long stroll to a very good ice cream store down town.  Bien!

Get to work Luther.  Keep paving Mark!

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

Now isn't this the kind of retirement you always dreamed of ? It should have been anyway  :D

Edited by dtel
  • Like 7

• Moderators

So i'm lying in this hotel bed...need to get on the road as must be back in SoCal by 2 pm. But i don't want to get up and i don't want to go home.

I don't know what to say, sometimes it's just tough to be BigStewMan. :(

• Like 7