Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

22 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

We did zone PM today as,well.  My son brought his truck and I brought my car to the shop this morning.  It's nice to go up on a Saturday as we're closed for business.  Both vehicles got oil changes,and I rotated my tires.  My son bought 4 tires and we mounted and balanced the new set.  It's great to have access to lifts and tire machines.  We normally have a good visit while we work as well.  That makes it extra nice.

Big P.I.A.

This truck has to have everything by VIN

Dealer parts states use P/N xxx

I ask about the TSB about changing from .060" platinums to .040" iridium...blank stare; directs me to service
Service plays dumb for a while until I keep repeating the TSB then looks it up and then tells me that THAT P/N has been superseded by xxx
Back to parts who tells me that that P/N plug has to come from Houston
Wires I ask? Just one P/N called out he says
Really, what about the difference between round coils and square ones..blank stare
8 plugs and wires $325.00; see ya
Off to O' O'  O' O'Reilly's

Let us wash, rinse and repeat that story
Finally get the newest P/N iridiums @ 0.040" and some no name wires for $135

Fun in the sun starts
I find that I have the exact P/N plugs installed as the TSB (dated 2008) superseded, newest P/N and trust me those plugs have never been changed since I drove it off the dealer's lot new in '03
Hot
frigging 1/4" short extension lock button is stuck so socket is dug out several times
Getter done and idle stumble is more noticaeable

Find a slightly loose clamp at throttle body air inlet, tightened, closed hood, mixed drink. Check that schitt later

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Big P.I.A.

This truck has to have everything by VIN

Dealer parts states use P/N xxx

I ask about the TSB about changing from .060" platinums to .040" iridium...blank stare; directs me to service
Service plays dumb for a while until I keep repeating the TSB then looks it up and then tells me that THAT P/N has been superseded by xxx
Back to parts who tells me that that P/N plug has to come from Houston
Wires I ask? Just one P/N called out he says
Really, what about the difference between round coils and square ones..blank stare
8 plugs and wires $325.00; see ya
Off to O' O'  O' O'Reilly's

Let us wash, rinse and repeat that story
Finally get the newest P/N iridiums @ 0.040" and some no name wires for $135

Fun in the sun starts
I find that I have the exact P/N plugs installed as the TSB (dated 2008) superseded, newest P/N and trust me those plugs have never been changed since I drove it off the dealer's lot new in '03
Hot
frigging 1/4" short extension lock button is stuck so socket is dug out several times
Getter done and idle stumble is more noticaeable

Find a slightly loose clamp at throttle body air inlet, tightened, closed hood, mixed drink. Check that schitt later

"closed hood, mixed drink. Check that schitt later"

I like this last part :emotion-21:

• Like 7

Rv, crawled up on top to measure out new skylight and to see if it holds my azz :ph34r2:

Roof is firm (I crawled) but could walk on it, sky light sun faded, ordered up new Lexan from the Bay :emotion-21:

Time to kill the Last of the Kirkland Vodka, Wallbanger is in order:emotion-46::emotion-21:

Pondering the in-dash GPS unit, have "Best Offer" bid on the critter :mellow2:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

$90-$210 price range.   Tech highly recommended though.  Fixing tables for 30 years.  Tells me you don't lift and move a table in tact.  Requires disassembly:mellow:

Come on over and shoot a game tomorrow.....

What? Some fifty years ago my father found a local carpenter that was building pool tables as a sideline. Still own it, been moved into different homes four-five times, never with people making a living at moving tables. The framed base is 3/4 in mahogany with five 2x10's used to place the 3/4 inch, one piece marble top. And yes this thing is a ***** to move. But through all this it is level; flat as a pool table you might say! Matter of fact I recently wanted to move things around in the Klipsch room so my wife and I moved it by ourselves. Two 2-ton floor jacks on each long side lifted it onto moving dollies under each leg. Pushed it around like it was a feather, well a heavy feather. Checked for level - dead nuts. Never had to touch the bottom leg adjusters. 

• Like 4

I guess the issue with bill-e-ard tables is whether it's the slate or the frame that needs to be trued. I would think frame 'leveling' would be much easier using leg adjusters or shims; slate would be a royal pain and then re-felt after the slate work.

• Like 2

Table is now level.  A guy, his wife, his son, and son's girlfriend all showed up.  Took the slipping sliders out from under the feet, cut shims, and picked up the table from under the frame (not the top) while his crew placed the shims under each foot.  Said the cue ball had some flat spots:o and should be replaced.  Also said to vacuum the table to eliminate loose fibers, chalk dust, and debris.  It now rolls fine but the pockets are no longer as forgiving so you have to be on target.  I vacuumed the table and I'll replace the cue ball tomorrow.   A hundred bucks later I have a fine table.  I asked him what the Brunswick Contender sold for new and he said around $3500.....it came with the house though:)

• Like 7

Tarheel, hope you inherited a cue rack and a ball rack and some chalk and powder and some cuesticks.   A canister vac with a soft brush will help out of course.

Pool hall I frequented used a brush similar to and old school hand held shoe brush. Bristle extends out a touch to brush under rail. Sounds like you made out nice with the service call. Good Shooting...:)

• Like 6

Good Monday morning

Appears Mr Tarheel has a new hobby, Rack-em up:emotion-21:

5th wheel work continues during these nice weather days, 70+ today.

Playing with my first radio in 35 years, the internal menu will throw anyone for a loop.

Simon (In the UK) gets an email from me every evening, and im asking WTF?

Reading instructions from Amazon products is one thing, try understanding Britts when it comes to Tech talk:wacko2:

This morning waking up to Simon's email, explaining how to fix my last two errant entry's, finely it works well:emotion-21:

Back to the 5th wheel work, time for vent(s), Powered this time, i should take pic's of these disasters.

Second cup coming up:emotion-44::emotion-44:

988320_584002471635748_998872169_n.jpg

• Like 7

Hey guys ...about caught up now. Good day on Sunday ...celebrated the day with Better Half Unit, some of the kids and granddaughter. We grew some mini pumpkins and let the 3 yr old pick her very own. Followed up with pork steaks grilled over pecan wood and charcoal.

Chuck ...sounds like a successful pool table project. Those older tables sometimes gain character over time. And ...you know how the saying goes ...there's no pool like an old pool.

Gonna start getting ready for our annual fall trek to Taos, NM later this week. Always beautiful and fun. Eventual goal is to move there and get away from the big metro area.

Have a good day everyone and cheers .............

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Yes all that came with it billybob.  Straight cues too;) and I ordered a new cue ball yesterday from Amazon.

Should be in good shape now.

Aramith ball(s)? You know the Belgians have the best balls?! My 50 yo Aramiths have well, insured 50 years of abuse and still roll true and look pretty darn good. 

• Like 4