Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I watched a little guy take out a huge body builder type one night in a pool hall. After being threatened by the big guy, the little fella grabbed a pool ball and held it in his hand for a full roundhouse hit to the temple of the big fella. Knocked him out with one swing. You know that was a Belgian ball! Fight over with a single blow.

• Like 5

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

I has some fun over at a friend's house this weekend. I got to play around with a vintage Rock-Ola jukebox. Here is a picture of the inner workings.

Wow very nice, way more mechanical that you would guess, looks to be built to last.   

• Like 4

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:57 PM, richieb said:

What? Some fifty years ago my father found a local carpenter that was building pool tables as a sideline. Still own it, been moved into different homes four-five times, never with people making a living at moving tables. The framed base is 3/4 in mahogany with five 2x10's used to place the 3/4 inch, one piece marble top. And yes this thing is a ***** to move. But through all this it is level; flat as a pool table you might say! Matter of fact I recently wanted to move things around in the Klipsch room so my wife and I moved it by ourselves. Two 2-ton floor jacks on each long side lifted it onto moving dollies under each leg. Pushed it around like it was a feather, well a heavy feather. Checked for level - dead nuts. Never had to touch the bottom leg adjusters. 

Marble definitely is not as susceptible to temperature and humidity changes like slate.  You also have been blessed with level floors---amazing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

I has some fun over at a friend's house this weekend. I got to play around with a vintage Rock-Ola jukebox. Here is a picture of the inner workings.

rockola.jpg

4 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

Also spent a few hours playing pinball. I haven't done that in 30 years.

pinball.jpg

What a great post!  Thanks for the nostalgia trip!  That would have been a fun weekend for sure!

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Lets' not talk about Chuck the heels balls please.  You know how he likes to post pictures.

I'm glad Chuck the Heel is catching on - I thought Tar Chuck might also work, but "the Heel" is probably a little more endearing.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Now Carla you know you want to see them....again:lol:

You're right.  The sight of you running around the yard flapping in the breeze is something I've had to see a therapist about.  You really need to look into scrotal reduction surgery.

• Like 3

Morning all....

Off to the shop..... got a 3/4 ton GMC waiting for me in the Honda shop:o.... how did that thing sneak in??..... would still rather work on that than a VW.... Just putting a front hub on it.... it belongs to a buddy of mine that I new from the dealer many many moons ago... Good guy... and he pays cash $$ ;)

Still catching up on posts from over the weekend.... a good day to all.... later...

MKP :-)

• Like 5

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:09 AM, JL Sargent said:

I watched a little guy take out a huge body builder type one night in a pool hall. After being threatened by the big guy, the little fella grabbed a pool ball and held it in his hand for a full roundhouse hit to the temple of the big fella. Knocked him out with one swing. You know that was a Belgian ball! Fight over with a single blow.

There was an incident where a middle aged man stopped by the bar first before entering the pool hall. We all knew him. He bugged this one dude until he got up and hit the man 3 or 5 times. It was over, and someone carried the guy home.

There is another story about violence and mental health which did not occur in poolroom.

Surprised that more did not happen in a place with balls and sticks.

Jack did not have to have a sign saying no fighting as he had low tolerance for violence.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:40 PM, dtel said:

Well now that it's all level and everything this would be out of the question ?

girl_on_pool_table_169_1_1.JPG

Jack would be at a loss for awhile with this one. His coping skills would have been interesting as women were a rarity there.

Thinking I could cope some...^_^

• Like 3

Good Tuesday afternoon gang

Back to 110% after Hernia surgery 17th of last month.

Did my first 12 hour day WITHOUT taking a Nap:huh2:

The stack of 5th wheel goodies is 5' high in the wife's garage.

Spent the day (So Far) removing skylights/Vents.

Weather will be warming to the 90s, perfect for roof coating the "Snowroof".

Roof is now clear, nothing but a bunch square holes everywhere, now time to run power to the "New" vents.

Farmers are calling, crops are coming in, Pest's need killin. 

Couple of these farmers are growing weed for a local dispenser, as a secondary income, i dont partake for some 30+ years now, wife could care less too.

Good wife just returned from Costco.

Wallbanger heaven once again:emotion-21:

201505_1049_ddfic_sm.jpg

• Like 5

Glad you're feeling better after your surgery Mark.  We spent the day at TX childrens hospital today With my daughter.  We actually visited with the same surgeon who put in her VP shunt when she was about a month old, she's 18 now.  Gotta love continuity of care.  We're going back tomorrow for her to undergo a surgery to find out why she's having pain and bad inflammation at a site on her abdomen that the Dr. used to install the lower part of her shunt.  The funny thing is that she had a revision 8 years ago and the incision site has been perfect up till about 2 weeks ago.  Who knows.  Hopefully it will be a same day surgery put we'll pack clothes for a couple days just in case.

• Like 5