Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

The Ouachitas are nice. Most people think of the Ozarks as the mountains in Arkansas. The Ouachitas start about 40 miles north of Hope. There is some good trout fishing in the tailwaters of Lake Greeson at Murfreesboro in the Little Missouri River. The Walleye fishing is great in northern Arkansas, also. The Ozarks are the oldest mountain range between Appalachia and the Rockies. The Ouachita mountains are much younger and extend into Oklahoma. Growing up in the foothills of the Ozarks was really nice. Lots of public land with the National Forests; Ozark, Ouachita, St. Francis. I always wanted to live back in the mountains as far as I could get, but now that I am older my main concerns are health care. In Arkansas health care sucks except for LR and NWA. Even living in Hope, we had to go to Texarkana (on the Texas side) for decent healthcare. And I was in my twenties then. About 20 years later I was back. Worked in Hope but lived in Prescott. SW Arkansas is a different culture than NW Arkansas or the River Valley. I'll stop the rambling and go back to the news and coffee. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Ceptorman

if it is Starbux ... I can see it.  Maybe they should just make a skull and crossbones in the foam   ... good enough?

Any of you folks play a musical instrument, besides the stereo?

My father, being a professional musician and us being from Elkhart ...  When you got out of school, you would have some music education ... like it or don't

My dad left me with enough instruments to outfit a small marching band. I bang around on an electronic keyboard/piano. But have a stand up bass and lots of brass and woodwinds should I want to try.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I saw on the news the the state of California is making coffee shops put a cancer warning label on all their cups. That state puts a downer on everything.

And they have..... Earth quakes , mud slides , fires , riots , illegals , sunshine , and droughts....

And movie stars that tell you.  Come to California..

They have not figured out.... That they have to many

people living there... Consuming all the water .

And the water shed...can not keep up with the demand...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

C'mon man..........

10 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

You've forgotten........

Before the last bad drought and heat-wave.... moonbeam and his comrades drained the reservoirs  to protect some kind of crustacean or insect or something.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good Good Friday morning.  Enjoying a cup of the end of McCafe Colombian, then back to 8 O’Clock whole beans.

Later, it’s off to Trader Joe’s to buy a variety of cheese to give to my wife in her Easter basket.  She gave up cheese for lent, so she can return to cheese consumption with variety.  Or, I could go to Kroger for a box of Velveeta, or some Kraft singles, and be done with it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

@Ceptorman

if it is Starbux ... I can see it.  Maybe they should just make a skull and crossbones in the foam   ... good enough?

Any of you folks play a musical instrument, besides the stereo?

My father, being a professional musician and us being from Elkhart ...  When you got out of school, you would have some music education ... like it or don't

My dad left me with enough instruments to outfit a small marching band. I bang around on an electronic keyboard/piano. But have a stand up bass and lots of brass and woodwinds should I want to try.

Starschmucks was the target, but I think it applies to all makers.

I play guitar, have a room full of 6 string acoustic and electric, amps, pedals, a bass. I keep buying them thinking I'll get better, waiting for that to happen :D

43 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

And they have..... Earth quakes , mud slides , fires , riots , illegals , sunshine , and droughts....

And movie stars that tell you.  Come to California..

It sounds like a wonderful place, never been there :huh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I feel sorry for my neighbors.

some of my noise might resemble music     in some form. If you squint and turn your head just right....  

Just for my own entertainment.   Wish I still had my ARP AXXE synth and tuck-n-roll Custom amp

that thing was a blast.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

my bass reminds me of WillieNelson's guitar. 

has some serious "soul".  Had to glue the neck. I pluck it now and again. Used to have a Hohner Contessa fretless. Nice guitar. Gave it to a friend that had more talent and desire than me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

my bass reminds me of WillieNelson's guitar. 

has some serious "soul".  Had to glue the neck. I pluck it now and again. Used to have a Hohner Contessa fretless. Nice guitar. Gave it to a friend that had more talent and desire than me.

A bass with character. Jack Bruce uses a fretless standard electric. Wish I had mastered bass at a tender age like Bruce or Leo Lyons...

Garage band was a lot of fun though...

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Yet another reason not to live in CALIFORNIA.  Yes, it's coffee related.

The whole state should come with a warning label. "Warning common sense not welcome here"

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Really like a standup bass for the  old jazz and blues sound.

Or any music, I love how a upright bass sounds, nothing else has that sound.

28 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

All he had to do was send dirtmudd out there and go "See, I'm fine".

Well the fine part would be a stretch but he is still alive. :emotion-21:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Okay you doubters......last night I won in the Cash5.  Yep that was me.  Took home $4.

Any time you get you just your money back when gambling your ahead, don't spend it all in one place and hold out some for taxes.:laugh:

16 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Relatives you have no Idea that you had will be calling for loans any minute now.

He already went into hiding, going to wear a mask when driving the bubble.

• Haha 3