Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

10 hours ago, babadono said:

with big dark eyes and a voice all her own singing way up high.....

Good morning darling ...ready for your first hot coffee ???    HHHMMM...so hot ..... gimme some more ..AHHHH

dreamies.de (g2b9abt2so7.gif) | Zigarren und whisky, Bilder, Glücksbärchis

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, KROCK said:

If your framing, its an angled piece of tin or aluminum that the sill plate sits on, so the termites can't get into the wood. About a 60 degree angle.

Termite can't walk upside down...

Weep Screed Deflector - WSD1309 - MTIdry.com

Gawd I love this place. The bits of information on this forum are amazing - “termites can’t walk upside down”. Is this actually true or a wives tale from an old exterminator? I would swear I’ve seen termites walking along a tree branch upside down. Or might they have been drunk on too much wood the night before? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Thanks Rich for your PM and idea to add "termite shields" to the CCC&C thread.  As you suggested I will poll some of the regulars and get back to you. 

— and this begs the question - how will you manipulate the spelling of termite shields to fit the “C” format of the thread. I was told you are highly regarded with your spelling prowess and the ability to insert letters in unique ways — 

• Haha 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, richieb said:

— and this begs the question - how will you manipulate the spelling of termite shields to fit the “C” format of the thread. I was told you are highly regarded with your spelling prowess and the ability to insert letters in unique ways — 

Probably long enough already. Before it's over we might just say the A-Z section.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hey folks 🙂 Hope all is awesome....

a big sigh of relief at my end, Jury duty for the month of December here.

I was scheduled to show up on the 7th, this has been rescheduled for the 14th and I call to verify on the 11th.

Hopefully they just keep rescheduling until my term is up on the 25th. Cheers folks🍻

• Like 3

A question to the folks that understand federal courts and how they work

I looked at the court calendar for 12/7/2020 and sure enough a Jury Trial was scheduled for 3 folks.

I called today to confirm my showing up. I've been rescheduled for the 14th and now the calendar now shows these folks scheduled for 3/29/21.

How does this work?

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

A question to the folks that understand federal courts and how they work

I looked at the court calendar for 12/7/2020 and sure enough a Jury Trial was scheduled for 3 folks.

I called today to confirm my showing up. I've been rescheduled for the 14th and now the calendar now shows these folks scheduled for 3/29/21.

How does this work?

I'm in Federal Court pretty much every week, however, we have not been physically going in since March. They have not been having jury trials in federal court since March. 

How does it work? Well, it's all out the window, and varies from District to District. What town/State are you in? But pretty much the way it works in Federal Court is whatever the Federal Judge it is assigned to wants to do. The Judges in Texas have not wanted to hold trials if they don't have to. It's very rare for a criminal case to go to trial in Federal Court, so they are mostly civil cases on the trial dockets, and they are willing to put those off until things settle down.

You need to call in as directed, the online dockets don't necessarily show all cases, all judges (could be a visiting judge), etc. and so sometimes you cannot tell.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I'm in Federal Court pretty much every week, however, we have not been physically going in since March. They have not been having jury trials in federal court since March. 

How does it work? Well, it's all out the window, and varies from District to District. What town/State are you in? But pretty much the way it works in Federal Court is whatever the Federal Judge it is assigned to wants to do. The Judges in Texas have not wanted to hold trials if they don't have to. It's very rare for a criminal case to go to trial in Federal Court, so they are mostly civil cases on the trial dockets, and they are willing to put those off until things settle down.

You need to call in as directed, the online dockets don't necessarily show all cases, all judges (could be a visiting judge), etc. and so sometimes you cannot tell.

Beautiful @dwilawyer Thanks man. So Federal criminal cases generally don't got to trial? or is this only in Texas? If it's across the board for all not to go to trial, Why? Settling before Jury / Trial ?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

So Federal criminal cases generally don't got to trial?

Federal Court  trials are mostly cases authorized by the United States Constitution or Federal Statutes., so civil cases -