Ugg, what a day.

Short history. For 30 years my wife has had medical issues and we have just lived with it.

Since just before Christmas, she started going down hill. She has several Cysts and calcium deposits in the brain. It has been the trigger for seizures when this all started and has been under control for the last 20 plus years. Around Christmas, she started loosing the ability to speak, she could say words but not the ones she wanted to say, they were all mixed up. Then as the weeks passed, she started to loose her balance and for the last 3 weeks she has been bed bound.

About 5 or 6 weeks ago, we started the process of getting the doctors involved, doctor appointments were made and after several of them, today was supposed to be just one more. We saw the doctor today and he admitted her to the hospital straight from his office. We spent since 9 am until after 8 pm with all the things needed to get into the hospital and ready for surgery. She is having more tests, likely as I type this in prep for tomorrow mornings surgery. Then the long drive home and early I will need to get up to go back and start over again.

She has had one cyst triple in size since the last MRI scans 2 years ago. There is no cure and there isn't even a name for what she has so we just do things day by day. This will be something like her 12th brain surgery since this has all started. Thank the Lord for good insurance Boeing provides.

Anyway, that is what I did today, the comments about the new Khorns took a lot of the load off of the day, it gave me nice things to think about to break up the day.

I did not mean to be a bummer, sorry, it has just been a long day. A better one awaits tomorrow I am sure!

Edited by Cal Blacksmith

Cal,

we wish you the best. Try to remember that you need to take care of yourself as well. Sometimes the demands of caring for someone you love exacts a tremendous toll and you do not even realize it until much later.

Best,

Earl