Anyone Else Like/Wear Cowboy Boots?

LonestarBlues2

My experience in fitting boots is to buy a pair that are very close to your actual foot size (not bigger to be more comfortable).

Break those boots in with patience (and good boot socks).

If done the right way, your boots will be the most comfortable footwear you have in the closet....

My experience in fitting boots is to buy a pair that are very close to your actual foot size (not bigger to be more comfortable).

Break those boots in with patience (and good boot socks).

If done the right way, your boots will be the most comfortable footwear you have in the closet....

Very true. My current pair of georgias took at least 5 years to break in. My red wings were built for my foot 100% custom. I havnt had the need for resole on neither pair and have hundreds of miles on each...My red wings are light and built like tanks although feel like slippers...I hate it when my wife throws them on to step outside...they are my boots and i plan to keep it that way.

• 3 years later...

Steel toes required for work for years, then stumbled upon these Noconas in the mid 80s. Shark hide with some nice red and gray stitching. Knocked the dust off with an old sock and they still look alright. If I'm wearing shirt, tie, jeans I'll still wear `em occasionally. And they are very comfortable. Wouldn't want to run in `em though. 

Lightweight Lowas when it's hot, Meindl Perfekts when it's not. Nike quit making the best tennis shoe ever years ago the "All Court" and I'll be Dam*$d if I'm wearing retarded plastic, fishnet pantyhose looking glow in the dark sneakers that don't have arch support.

I think PWK would call Bullsh*t on that too.

Jeans, boots and t-shirts...... what else do ya need for cover!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

Had a pair once, they were nothing special, just to see if I liked boots.  They were way more comfortable than I expected, what I didn't like was trying to get them off, it was not fun.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

Had a pair once, they were nothing special, just to see if I liked boots.  They were way more comfortable than I expected, what I didn't like was trying to get them off, it was not fun.

never was “boot guy.”  I briefly had a pair as a kid.  My brother wears them often and says that they’re the most comfortable footwear ever. 

But my PF Flyers make me run faster and jump higher.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1