klipschorns in the pickup!

Guest Steven1963

Guest Steven1963

I bought a pair of 1972 klipschorns off of eBay Monday drove down dog near to San Francisco to pick them up. I have them in the back of the pickup as I type this (wife is driving). Along with an rsw 15 sub and a center channel that he threw in while I was loading the khorns. The speakers are absolutely beautiful and the caps have already been upgraded and I will have to post photos of that tomorrow because it seems unusual but they sounded fantastic.

Long drive but worth it to me! Very happy!

Steve

• Like 4

Guest Steven1963

I am home...Khorns are in the house and hooked up just to make sure they are working and no damage in the back of my pickup during transport. All is good. Still need to get them situated - that's tomorrow. I'm beat...27 hours and 1280 miles.

Steve

• Like 5

I am home...Khorns are in the house and hooked up just to make sure they are working and no damage in the back of my pickup during transport. All is good. Still need to get them situated - that's tomorrow. I'm beat...27 hours and 1280 miles.

Steve

Woo Hoo... very nice!

• Like 1

Guest Steven1963

Thank you to everyone! They are set up now and putting out some very blessed sound. My walls are not ideal, but close enough. I'm going to start a separate thread as I have questions about the modified crossovers and would like to draw in as many opinions about them as possible. But, here are the pics of them as promised. He threw in a KLF - C7 center channel after I got there, and a 12' monster cable for the sub. His name was Robert and he is a member here, I forget his handle. He, like all of us at one time or another, has come to a point where he needs to make some changes and those changes forced him to sell his Khorns. I want to thank him here for the great deal and his hospitality after my drive down.

post-58311-0-44580000-1403371614_thumb.j

post-58311-0-11580000-1403371814_thumb.j

post-58311-0-85080000-1403371912_thumb.j

• Like 4

Guest Steven1963

Thank you, Cal. My pickup is a tacoma long bed (which is still only 5 feet). At first I tried standing them up (lots of cardboard and blankets), but that proved a poor way to move them, as they stood taller than the cab and so moving at 35mph ripped away any exposed cardboard from the speaker closest to the cab. I had them tied in well, but because of their height they were giving me heart palpitations when I went (slowly) around a corner. So I pulled into a hardware store parking lot and completely un-packed them and went in and bought a screwdriver and took the top off of one speaker. This allowed me to lay them down (again, lots of cardboard and blankets around them) in the bed. From there, it was a short 11 hour ride back home!

Crazy, I know. But a memory for sure.

Steve

• Like 1