Dishwasher Opinions

Rivernuggets

I haven't posted here at all for a few months. Been so busy, just reading occasionally.

You all helped me in planning a shed out back of our house and picking out replacement toilets (for the house, not the shed!). So, what would you recommend for a dishwasher? Ours broke last week and my head's spinning from reading all the reviews and 'best of' lists. Any good experiences with a particular brand/model? I'm looking at $500-800 range hopefully. Thanks for your valued feedback.

This caught my eye and friends of ours have a Bosch that is super quiet:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/bosch-500-series-24-tall-tub-built-in-dishwasher-stainless-steel/8864055.p?id=1218918121839&skuId=8864055

A storm blew out several appliances 3 years ago. We did a lot of research and went with Bosch with stainless interior. It is very quiet and the glassware comes out spotless if you use Finish. It also has an Express Wash cycle for smaller loads.

We've had the Samsung version of the Bosch for 2 years or so. Seems like it was $100 or so cheaper. Anyway, been real happy with it and very quiet compared to previous unit (Kenmore). At the end of the day though, I still prefer to watch my beautiful wife standing at the sink washing up a few. Yeah, that's the good stuff right there.

I just replaced mine about a month or month and a half ago. We ended up with a Samsung. Somehow or another it holds more dishes than the washer it replaced yet fits in the same spot. Does a great job and is so quiet you barely know it's running. Look for something in the 45 to 47dB rating if you want a nice quiet dishwasher. Aesthetically it didn't match our other appliances because it had a stainless pull handle and all the other stainless appliances in out kitchen had black pulls. For $10.00 I had it powder coated satin black and it looks perfect. I like the stainless interior also.

I have experience with a very quiet GE and an old loud Kenmore. I have discovered I hate quiet. It is difficult to tell if it is even on. Most probably prefer it that way but for me there is nothing like taking a nice nap as the loud sloshing 30 year old Kenmore does its thing. Lulls so perfectly....and it has lasted 30 years.

First time I heard (or didn't hear) my neighbors dishwasher running while we were playing cards he said "Yeah that's my Nazi dishwasher, can hardly tell it's running". +1 for Bosch. Now we have one also. Love the concealed controls and stainless interior. I would suppose the Samsung is probably just as quiet.

I must be doing something wrong as my Bosch is quiet but it doesn't clean very well at all. What detergent are you Bosch guys using?

Tarheel, use Finish Powerball all-in-one tablets. We also pre-rinse quite thoroughly.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I'd stay away from GE. Although very reliable in terms of daily operation without failure, they are terrible at removing even slightly dried food. We always need to first hand rinse plates and silverware to avoid having them come out soiled.

Maynard

We bought a new GE Profile with stainless tub a couple months ago. It is extremely quiet. Has bottle washers, an adjustable - height top rack, and jets everywhere. Hidden controls and it is flush with the cabinetry. It does a really good job cleaning. No problems for us so far.

I've heard Bosch were good too. We ultimately chose GE because my brother works for them and we have a discount ☺

• Like 1

Bought a GE 8 months ago along with all the other kitchen appliances. You can't hear it at all and the wife is happy with the job that it does. An overwhelming factor in the decision to buy GE was that it was built by Americans, people like us.

Keith