Old Age

A1UC

one of my co-workers farted today … even though it wasn’t a secret, I don’t know why i told you guys that. Maybe laughing at farts keeps me young. Oh yeah, i also like to see people trip.  NOW before you vote to ban me…i don’t want them to get hurt and once i find out they are ok, i laugh.

Ever see the clip of President Ford falling down the steps when exiting Air Force One…that was funny!  The best part was when he was at the podium afterwards…he claimed his wife pushed him.

for the record, i fell down some steps at work last week and YES i laughed at myself.

• Like 5

What is considered old age nowadays ?

You think you might be old when;

‘You think it is cool when you wake up and realize that all parts are still in working order, then give a hearty "thank you" and act just like you did the day before.’

‘You remember your neighbors when they were old, wrinkled, burned out, tired, arthritic.....but not you, well you get the point.’

‘Fairly soon, the government will want to send you a check each month for doing nothing, how cool is that?’

‘You are old; however, you remind yourself that the Queen of England has been on the throne longer than you are old.’

You know you are old when you start asking yourself;

'What are my chances that I would break my hip if I fell?'

'Is it normal that I'm making more trips to the bathroom than I used to?'

'My sex drive is the same as it was 20 years ago, isn't it?

'I keep misplacing my keys, should I be worried?'

'What is the best way to control my weight? Dr. Oz?  Anybody?'

'Should I be concerned that I'm having problems concentrating?'

• Like 2

• Moderators

Went up to Waffle House the other day to get breakfast for me, the wife and the Chihuahuas. While waiting for the food, started talking to guy next to me. Found out he was from the classof 72 at the same school, a year ahead of me and the wife. Did not recognize him, but we knew a lot of the same people, so he had to be for real. Man he looked old, I went home and lookedat myself in the mirror, am I that old looking and cant even see it? drible drible drible

Would like photo of chihuahuas.

• Like 1

Didn't think it was self pity, just an observation, but I could be wrong though no one tells me.

I will try and get a picture of the boys before vacation, if I can get to them to stand still together, which wont happen without giving out food.

Old age, as one would expect, is a matter of perspective.

I used to always feel that way, that age is just a number, until scoliosis caught up with me.  Now at 39 I have two shot discs in my lower back, a shot disc in my neck, and a shot sacroiliac joint, all bone on bone.  It really hurts, and I can't sleep because of it all.  I always feel like I used to expect 65 or 70 would feel.  

It's like I tell people at work all the time, "The older I get, the younger you are."

"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.  Yes they do."

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1