ATTN: 2 New Moderators added

Chad

One person who added a lot in the day was "Paul Parrot", who is very articulate and very knowledgeable about classical music.  I thought he made great contributions.  He had an unbelievably good sense of humor.

He seems to have run afoul of a previous moderator and was banned -- I never understood or agreed with that, speaking just for me.  However, the forum was much more dynamic and broadly based in those days, so his returning now might seem dated and a tad out of place.

I don't know of anyone else like that, fortunately.

I was gradually brought into this over a period of ten years.  I've had a "license to kill" for a couple of years.  Anyone who thinks moderating a place like this is easy is badly mistaken.  I love this place and the people in it, and have learned so much here and made so many friends.  I've made serious errors and have tried to rectify them as best I could. 

I am slow to lock threads or warn people.  I remember the Parrot, Mobilehomeless, Buckster, and so many I miss like family members.  I really loved the lawless days of brawls and no hold barred...but that was a long time ago.  PWK would heartily approve having strong opinions and robust debate...but he also stood for civil behavior and being a gentleman.  I get that, and when lines are crossed the locks go on and people will be warned...or worse.  I will always have an open channel to anyone who disputes a call, and will listen and consider very carefully.  I know all my fellow mods, including the new ones, well and am certain they will do the same.

All will be well here!

Dave

• Like 2

On 09/08/2016 at 4:28 PM, billybob said:

May recall it was @Marvel next voted up to bat from the election Chad.

That is if he is still willing...:)

Thinking... ;)

I will try to ask Roy straight forward questions... Really glad to have more Klipsch folk on here.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Suck up.  I mean sycophant....

and i have what to gain?

in all honesty, i had first written something funny; but, since i don’t know Roy and he doesn’t know me--i was concerned that he’d take it the wrong way.  Travis gets me--he knows that anyone linked to Captain Beefheart can’t be all that bad; besides we have a Bay Area connection.

• Chad unfeatured this topic