Why doesn't klipsch recommend Bob?

Harleywood

When I called Klipsch about getting my xo's rebuilt they gave me the number to Freeman Tuell in Dallas. Nowhere on their website did they mention klipsch as being a brand they serviced. I found Bob through this forum and used him and am very happy with that decision. I called klipsch back today and ordered a replacement driver. They pulled up my last ticket where I had inquired about xo repair and again mentioned Freeman Tuell as the repair service they recommended. I told him I went with Bob Crites and he knew the name and even mentioned he was in Russelville Arkansas. My question is why isn't klipsch recommending Bob? He's obviously the most qualified and knows more than any other repair center. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Harleywood said:

My question is why isn't klipsch recommending Bob? He's obviously the most qualified and knows more than any other repair center. 

The answer may have more to do with business rather than expertise of the vendors.  I know for a long time Klipsch had an exclusive business relationship with Simply Speakers for selling authorized parts, so having a connection to a single repair shop doesn't strike me as out of the ordinary.

This is speculation on my part.  I have no inside information on the business dealings of Klipsch Inc or any of its business partners, or its non-partners.

Yeah, I don't know. I've personally dealt with Bob Crites over a dozen times and have asked him countless questions and he has always been very quick to get back to me every time. He sells excellent products and his shipping and turn around time for repair work is lightning fast, not sure what more you could ask for?

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

I've personally dealt with Bob Crites over a dozen times and have asked him countless questions and he has always been very quick to get back to me every time.

This ^^

I like Klipsch, I like Bob. I don't want to be in the middle, or take sides. Bob supports Klipsch by being there to help keep people happy by supplying what Klipsch doesn't. It seems that Klipsch would help the customer while helping Bob. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harleywood said:

When I called Klipsch about getting my xo's rebuilt they gave me the number to Freeman Tuell in Dallas. Nowhere on their website did they mention klipsch as being a brand they serviced. I found Bob through this forum and used him and am very happy with that decision. I called klipsch back today and ordered a replacement driver. They pulled up my last ticket where I had inquired about xo repair and again mentioned Freeman Tuell as the repair service they recommended. I told him I went with Bob Crites and he knew the name and even mentioned he was in Russelville Arkansas. My question is why isn't klipsch recommending Bob? He's obviously the most qualified and knows more than any other repair center. 

Mr. Crites offers upgrades in keeping with PWK designs.  If you want to upgrade / freshen your networks and have the original PWK sound, Bob is second to none.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Weber said:

This ^^

I like Klipsch, I like Bob. I don't want to be in the middle, or take sides. Bob supports Klipsch by being there to help keep people happy by supplying what Klipsch doesn't. It seems that Klipsch would help the customer while helping Bob. 

7 minutes ago, IB Slammin said:

Mr. Crites offers upgrades in keeping with PWK designs.  If you want to upgrade / freshen your networks and have the original PWK sound, Bob is second to none.

+10 to both of these

• Like 1

I did at one time (around 2004 or 2005) have an agreement with Klipsch to resell their parts similar to what Simply Speakers is doing.  That went good for awhile but someone high up at Klipsch objected because he found out I was selling parts on the internet.  So, they cancelled the deal they had with me.  That bothered me at first, but probably was a good thing for me.  That caused me to start developing my own parts to use as replacement parts for Klipsch speakers.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BEC said:

someone high up at Klipsch objected because he found out I was selling parts on the internet.

And we all know the internet is evil.  How very forward thinking of them.

By the way, I agree with the above, Bob, you're da bomb.

Klipsch's loss.  They seem to be at a loss for many things in recent years.

Bob is a great guy, does fabulous work.  I never had a single message that I sat on for more than maybe 12 hours with him.  His ability to respond articulately is something most companies should take note of and learn from.  Even the custom Xovers I had him build for me didn't take more than a couple weeks, and that was in the middle of him doing other work.  The man is probably one of the biggest assets Klipsch has that isn't associated with the company tech wise.

I spoke with Klipsch as well when I was getting ready to do my crossovers over and they said the reason they didn't push for Bob was because his crossovers weren't exact to the originals.They spoke of Bob as if you were speaking of having a few grains of sand in your shoes without wearing socks. I used Bob on my forte II's and my KG 4.2's. He was more than helpful and courteous.

Another reason is it takes away business from Klipsch with people not "upgrading" or replacing their older speakers, so why push someone who may hinder some of us buying more of their product.

From a business stand point, speakers last a good 20 years or so before needing new crossovers, getting them done by Bob adds another 20 years, so as a company, they may only get 1 purchase from a consumer in a 40 years time frame.

• Like 1