What I Got Today!

Brac

I haven’t got anything today, but I got the chance to listen Tannoy Westminster Royal GR speakers. They were paired with two Luxmans M900u in mono block mode powering Tannoys with 600 W.

00390003%202_zpsodtupzmj.jpg

How did they sound, i always wanted to hear a pair.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

They sounded mighty :) .

To write frankly, I think that the room they were placed in, was not enough for them. Maybe placement was not quite right too. We were listening some rock, classical music and R&B. For a start the amount of sound was impressive. Even at low volume one could feel the sound from the speakers through the body. I was expecting to hear delicate sound of wind from the organ pipes, which they surely can present to the listener, but the room acoustics was bad. On the other hand, every bit of “Money” by Pink Floyd was clearly audible from the right directions/positions in the room. It was almost scary.

• Like 1

"Bought" this thing in the Windows 10 App Store.  OK, it's an app I built and put on there, but Windows still made me pay to download it!

Quick Demo

What's Required?
1. Setup Motorola Premise Home Control (free home automation software) on a windows PC.  This is not bloatware, Motorola used to sell the software for around $1000, but made it free when they discontinued support.  There's an online http://cocoontech.com/forums/forum/51-premise-home-control/'>support forum and a [url=http://cocoontech.com/forums/page/home-automation-software/_/premise-r3]wiki[/url] though!  Plus there's an SDK, so new technologies are added by tech savvy users.

2. Link whatever you want to control to your Premise server this can be lighting, HVAC, Security, A/V, anything that can be hooked somehow to your PC or network  (KODI/XBMC, z-wave, insteon, radiora, upb, global cache...  hundreds of supported devices and technologies).

3. Install and setup my SpeechParser module (by watching tutorial #7.x on my YouTube channel).

4. Install my Premise Control Home with Cortana app to control your home hands free by saying "Hey Cortana...Control Home...[insert command here].  

Key Features

• Note the command phrase is not order dependent and works with synonyms too; you can even ask questions about your home (such as what is the brightness in the living room, when was the front door last opened, etc...).
  • You DO NOT need to program a sentence for each device/property for this to work with your voice.  Just give Premise the room names (regular expressions are supported, but optional), and my free Premise SpeechParser module does all the work of figuring out what you want based on what devices you have automated in a particular room!
  • App uses a background Cortana voice service that is enabled once you open and setup the main app, so it works when things like KODI are in the foreground!
  • App is compiled as a "Universal Windows Platform" (UWP) app, so it will work with Windows 10, Windows Phone 10, and maybe the Xbox One in 2016!
Edited by etc6849
  • Like 2

Nice to see you back.  It looks like all that work has come to fruition.

I've seen Ellery's apps for home automation demonstrated for me while he visited here in the D/FW area of Texas.  He was turning lights/appliances/etc. on and off and controlling levels with nothing but common vocal commands, using a Dick Tracy watch, to his home in SC?, and we were watching them going on & off using a security video cam that he had setup. 

I'd put it in the amazing category.  Very cool.

Chris

• Like 1

I got a lesson today on sealed subs.  Finally fixed my RSW15 that was out of service since January and epoxied the internal plug to the plate and sealed it up (dog ears broke off) plugged it in and everything was working fine until I jumped on it and I was amazed at how much air can be pushed out of the 2 little screw holes that held the plug in.  She was whistling like I was calling a dog, but sealed them up and all is good. :wacko:

• Like 1

Thanks!  I posted video tutorials and modules/scripts to set up what I showed you (voice control under Android) on my YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6fLTEmRoGam7B5VoKazC9A

I don't know if I'll keep doing the videos and posting my work, but I've been trying to post something every week; not enough people watching them versus the time it takes to record them.  However, if they perpetually earn me $10/month it may be worth putting more up there. 

The KODI/XBMC video is pretty cool; I have it integrated into my house very nicely (caller id, doorbell pictures, auto library import, voice control, etc...).

The KODI module + some scripts can do cool things for a setup like yours such as automatically set a parametric equalizer based on what library item (e.g. song) is playing, etc...

I have the KODI module setup to automatically move my anamorphic lens sled in/out when 2.35:1 video content is played.  Pretty neat.

Nice to see you back.  It looks like all that work has come to fruition.

I've seen Ellery's apps for home automation demonstrated for me while he visited here in the D/FW area of Texas.  He was turning lights/appliances/etc. on and off and controlling levels with nothing but common vocal commands, using a Dick Tracy watch, to his home in SC?, and we were watching them going on & off using a security video cam that he had setup. 

I'd put it in the amazing category.  Very cool.

Chris

Edited by etc6849
  • Like 1

I picked up a pair of Community VHF100 high-frequency compression drivers to use with my Community M200 mid-range compression drivers on a new experimental top hat for my Klipschorns.

post-36163-0-90640000-1446431940_thumb.j

post-36163-0-85600000-1446431952_thumb.j

post-36163-0-46560000-1446431962_thumb.j

post-36163-0-31840000-1446431976_thumb.j

post-36163-0-55600000-1446432003_thumb.j

post-36163-0-84080000-1446432020_thumb.j

• Like 1

V1800 came today... I way 160 it wayed 127...all I can say is Holy F....   I will be hurting tomorrow..... Have you ever seen a 57 year old guy move a 127 pound box....I felt like an Egyption building the pyramids......You talk about an upgrade... Very happy

I never thought of my Chorus II's would look small....till now.

Jurrasic World really made the house shake..... Maybe even the neighbors house.

G.E.M.

post-36197-0-74780000-1446677751_thumb.j

post-36197-0-82500000-1446677771_thumb.j

post-36197-0-62140000-1446677791_thumb.j

post-36197-0-22900000-1446677812_thumb.j

• Like 8

V1800 came today... I way 160 it wayed 127...all I can say is Holy F....   I will be hurting tomorrow..... Have you ever seen a 57 year old guy move a 127 pound box....I felt like an Egyption building the pyramids......You talk about an upgrade... Very happy I never thought of my Chorus II's would look small....till now. Jurrasic World really made the house shake..... Maybe even the neighbors house.

That sub looks like a beast! Congrats! 

Another $25,000 hit today from the government OPM data breach. This is in addition to my previous hit of $7000 last month. Be careful my friends. If the one post folks who have asked to buy my stuff in the garage sale forum wonder why I am being difficult well, please give me a break..........

Quote Another $25,000 hit today from the government OPM data breach. This is in addition to my previous hit of $7000 last month. Be careful my friends. If the one post folks who have asked to buy my stuff in the garage sale forum wonder why I am being difficult well, please give me a break...

??????? What

• Like 1

V1800 came today... I way 160 it wayed 127...all I can say is Holy F....   I will be hurting tomorrow..... Have you ever seen a 57 year old guy move a 127 pound box....I felt like an Egyption building the pyramids......You talk about an upgrade... Very happy

I never thought of my Chorus II's would look small....till now.

Jurrasic World really made the house shake..... Maybe even the neighbors house.

G.E.M.

Congrats on the new 18"... glad the upgrade itch has been scratched. Now go take an ice bath & crank the LFE !!

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!